How many of you like the Stock Rom from LG? I know..It is most of you. Me too. But the fact is I am also unable to live w/o the KITKAT! This has resulted numerous times of installing roms, losing important call logs/messages, and a lot of weird things that I dislike! These days are past, and I now use MultiROM to taste every new flavour I like!! I don't have to back up and restore the factory rom now!
I am sharing it to you too. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.
Statutory Warning: It is your phone. Do not blame me for anything. I am not responsible for any harm you do to your device.
Thanks to all who are linked with MultiROM!
Now the detailed steps:
1. Install TWRP-22.214.171.124_For_KitKat
2. Backup your rom(in my case it is the stock one) with TWRP.
3. Install Carbon Rom as the primary rom(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=217) I have not tried with other roms. But this rom comes with a kernel with kexec hardboot patch.
DU also works! Thanks to @Buscador
4. Install TWRP_2.7.0_MR_geeb
5. Now Install multirom_v22_UNOFFICIAL_geeb
6. Now Install any rom you like as your secondary rom. Reboot in Recovery --> Advanced -> MultiROM to install your rom. You can also select the backup that you performed in step 2.
The updated TWRP version supports ext SDCard. That means you can select the zip from SD card. Installing secondary rom in the extSD is not supported because of the slowness. In recovery go to Mount --> check external_sd to mount the externalSD card. Can any of you let me know if usb otg works in this recovery?
Working perfectly for E-973 Canadian version. Thanks to @Aceangel21 for confirming.
Report if you face any difficulties.
Hit thanks if this has helped you