[ROM] DamageControl v3.2.x | Check post #2 for updates this week!

Search This thread

thegame3202

Apr 12, 2010
Whoa whoa whoa.... So does this have A2SD!? Either way! Downloading now, sounds sweet! So that updater does the updates for us? No need to flash from a PC or what? Thanks!

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
Thanks for all the support guys, heres an answer to a few questions i saw

next version will include skins, if your familiar with our hero work there was a decent amount of skins up in dcupdater to flash. right now were working on getting everything working agian in evo. our next build should include a bunc of them.

damage is working on getting us listed in rom manager now.

the scrolling lag through the app tray in rosie was probably fixed by the on boot zipalign of /data/app, it optimizes the way apks are handled in memory & how the icons loaded. Always seems to give a nice boost.

i doubt wed need to run those calibration steps over here with things being brand new and all. my battery is pretty solid after a few days of testing - we tweaks a buncha settings in the kernel as to how often tasks are performed and it really seemed to help. Next version has even more so stay tuned :)

*edit* no apps2sd yet, system is locked on boot so its hard to do. Once that gets fixed (hopefully by the time we release next build) dconfig gui will be back, although i would have to wonder wtf ur doing to need a2sd with all the space the evo has :p

Last edited:

thegame3202

Apr 12, 2010
Thanks for all the support guys, heres an answer to a few questions i saw

next version will include skins, if your familiar with our hero work there was a decent amount of skins up in dcupdater to flash. right now were working on getting everything working agian in evo. our next build should include a bunc of them.

damage is working on getting us listed in rom manager now.

the scrolling lag through the app tray in rosie was probably fixed by the on boot zipalign of /data/app, it optimizes the way apks are handled in memory & how the icons loaded. Always seems to give a nice boost.

i doubt wed need to run those calibration steps over here with things being brand new and all. my battery is pretty solid after a few days of testing - we tweaks a buncha settings in the kernel as to how often tasks are performed and it really seemed to help. Next version has even more so stay tuned :)

*edit* no apps2sd yet, system is locked on boot so its hard to do. Once that gets fixed (hopefully by the time we release next build) dconfig gui will be back, although i would have to wonder wtf ur doing to need a2sd with all the space the evo has :p

LMAO! Just don't want to hog all the space :p It wasn't a need. lol. What are you getting for battery life? I'm charging my phone completely before flashing.

spurnout

Sep 6, 2007
Does this wipe out the phone entirely? I'm guessing that it does due to the size. Also, I guess you just flash it using toasts's recovery? Thanks.

davebu

Dec 28, 2007
Chicago
did you guys do something similar to flipz to remove unwanted apps or are the sprint apps and amazon mp3 store ect still in there?

also i heard the 3d aosp gallery caused a camera glitch, is that fixed or was that just a specific rom issue with another rom?

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
all the apks are included with this rom unless they were causing problems. Usually dconfig would let you "ban apps" you dont use which is why we try to keep everything in.

You should be able to flash this in recovery console, it shouldnt wipe out anything on /data/ so you wont loose your apps, nandroid first tho.

i dont know of any bug in 3d gallery, i can press the camera button and all seems to work...

Virus

Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2009
COLUMBIA
www.myspace.com
first things first THANKS for all your hard work guys this thing FLYS!!!!!!!!! I have one request PLEASE can we get an update.zip for the expresso bottom bar like in the FRESH rom PLEASE!!!

thanks

spurnout

Sep 6, 2007
I just flashed to root because I didn't have toasts root before and I'm flashing this ROM now. One more quick question, does this have the OTA update? Thanks :)

Edit: Now I'm stuck on the Sprint 4G screen looping over and over again. I did wipe the dalvik before I flashed this ROM. Did I do something wrong? :-\

Edit 2: Ok, I didn't wipe data and I guess I misunderstood as I thought we didn't have to wipe that but now problem solved! Time to begin playing with this ROM! :)

Last edited:

RikusHaven

Jun 7, 2010
Isla De Muerta
This ROM looks amazing! And I just was getting happy with Flipz's Fresh ROM. Gah, oh well, I love how many options I have on Android compared to what I had when I had a Blackberry. Anyways, I'll give this ROM a try. =D

spurnout

Sep 6, 2007
So far everything has been great on this ROM. One thing that isn't working though is video chat in fring. I installed it and logged in and it gave me a message saying that my phones capabilities do not support video chat. It did with the stock rom...any ideas?

Edit: Now it's working...no clue what I did differently.

antianalog

May 30, 2010
Re: [ROM] DamageControl v3.0 | Fast, Improved battery life, tweaks

Settings > accounts force closes every time I try to open it. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

fallentimm

Apr 3, 2010

Settings > accounts force closes every time I try to open it. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Works for me

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

techwerkz

Mar 24, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
www.techwerkz.com
I'd also like HTC Music back ... it intergrates itself with the lock screen and since I use my phone as my in car MP3 player it makes it easier to skip songs. Also tried pushing it back, no luck.

Thanks Treve for the update.

Last edited:

fallentimm

Apr 3, 2010

Just take htcmusic.apk from fresh deodexed rom and push in recovery worked for me

If It doesn't show up fix uid

I haven't lost a bar of battery since I flashed amazing work

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

Top Liked Posts