[app] Car dashdroid a Google like car dashboard (Material)

Search This thread

Totoix

Apr 27, 2011
For the item 4,
I tested the latest beta version (2.10.4). It does not automatically switch to dark theme in nighttime even it is in automatic mode. But it dims brightness. I need both in nighttime: Dimming the brightness and the dark theme.

I discovered that, dimming is because of the tasker rules. So, the problem still exists, I need both dimming and nightmode automatically after sunset. I can do it automatically if intents is provided. I can setup tasker rules to sitimulate car dashdroid based on time. For example, after 7 pm, it sends use dark theme intent to car dashdroid.

So the main two problems: 1-startup as default launcher after power cut, and 2-automatic theming according to day/night times.
I thought I can use these features If I purchase, but still I can't. I really require these features to efficiently utilize my head unit.

Again thank you very much for the best dashboard application.

CrTF92

Jul 11, 2018
Hi, I want your help please, I want to know if I can change the icons and their names pls; I love your app I purchased premium and thank you, I use it everyday as launcher on my car

Lizard

Mar 12, 2006
I'm an happy user of Car Dashdroid (Premium), on my OP3 running Android 8.0.

I have 2 small suggestions:

- Option to disable the startup beep notification.
- I have Dashdroid setup to autostart when it's connected to my BT carkit and is charging.
When I restart my car after I needed to refuel, Dashdroid pops to front over Waze, even though it's already running in the background.
It would be nice to have an option to disable the pop to front.

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
I'm an happy user of Car Dashdroid (Premium), on my OP3 running Android 8.0.

I have 2 small suggestions:

- Option to disable the startup beep notification.
- I have Dashdroid setup to autostart when it's connected to my BT carkit and is charging.
When I restart my car after I needed to refuel, Dashdroid pops to front over Waze, even though it's already running in the background.
It would be nice to have an option to disable the pop to front.

Hello the option i suppose to disable... kinda annoying .... new android API :s
mmm maybe I can add the option if is running do not popup

Reactions: Lizard

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
@zen kun: The tiles are misaligned in landscape mode in version 2.3.9 (i.e. the gap between the two top tiles is too big), please see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Car_Dashdroid_20190421-214221.png
    Screenshot_Car_Dashdroid_20190421-214221.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 109

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hey @zen kun, I just installed 2.3.12 and the tiles are still misaligned in landscape mode, there is an ugly wide gap between the top tiles, please see attached screenshot. :(

Why did you break the layout and are not able to fix it again in four weeks of time?? :mad:

Attachments

• Screenshot_Car_Dashdroid_20190517-221726.png
    Screenshot_Car_Dashdroid_20190517-221726.png
    98 KB · Views: 65

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
Hey @zen kun, I just installed 2.3.12 and the tiles are still misaligned in landscape mode, there is an ugly wide gap between the top tiles, please see attached screenshot. :(

Why did you break the layout and are not able to fix it again in four weeks of time?? :mad:
Hello, I have another bugs and important things to fix, the UI glitch was not that much, however I just fixed, will be in the next version.
:)

Reactions: okij

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hello, I have another bugs and important things to fix, the UI glitch was not that much, however I just fixed, will be in the next version.
:)

OK, thanks! :good:

Will you push a new version soon?

About other bugs: In version 2.3.9 I had the problem hat the weather widget didn't update. I'm not sure if it was just because I set Yahoo as weather provider, only today I switched to Forecast IO and haven't checked it in my car yet.

Is this a known bug?

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
OK, thanks! :good:

Will you push a new version soon?

About other bugs: In version 2.3.9 I had the problem hat the weather widget didn't update. I'm not sure if it was just because I set Yahoo as weather provider, only today I switched to Forecast IO and haven't checked it in my car yet.

Is this a known bug?
Apparently Yahoo stopped working, seems they shutdown the server, I'm sorry for the inconveniences, for now you can use openweather or forecastio,
I will push soon, you can join to the beta, I push there faster,

Reactions: okij

pietrucci

Hello since android 10 my device no longer recognizes Car Dashdroid as home launcher. So I can't set Dashdroid as launcher. In Settings, Apps, Default browser, Dashdroid no longer visible as one of the launchers. I removed the app and reinstalled, no success.
Anyone with a possible solution? Thnx.

I'm on the Samsung Note 10+ device. My son also, he had the same problem.

rabarkar

Dec 10, 2010
Guadalajara
Hello since android 10 my device no longer recognizes Car Dashdroid as home launcher. So I can't set Dashdroid as launcher. In Settings, Apps, Default browser, Dashdroid no longer visible as one of the launchers. I removed the app and reinstalled, no success.
Anyone with a possible solution? Thnx.

I'm on the Samsung Note 10+ device. My son also, he had the same problem.

Same happens here, but in S10+, and it's not only with Car Dashdroid, it happens with other car apps like Automate. It seems Android 10 gets pretty agresive with permissions on what applications do to autolaunch and launchers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all let me introduce car dashdroid its a new car dashboard app, i think this could be a great substitute to android auto, since i re design the app now it match with google layout, even material its highly customizable and im developing every day to make this app better and better :)
    i made this inspired in Htc car at begining however now i have my "own" style and i hope you enjoy , it has cool stuff like
    "ok google hotword"
    built in dialer,contacts (one clic to call contact number), built in music player, shortcuts to apps , music controls for google music,poweramp,htc, samsung, lg and so on.
    some specs:
    - Inspired in Android Auto
    - Compass
    - Digital Clock
    - current Weather
    - Current location
    -Music controls (PowerAmp, Google Music, built in music) with support for album art, next, previous, play/pause song in main screen
    - Shortcuts slots for applications or shortcuts
    -Day/Night mode based on time
    - Starts the app when specific device its connected to the phone (optional)
    - Close the App when de device disconnect from bluetooth (optional)
    - Lock screen orientation (screen lock) even for 3th party apps to portrait or landscape
    - Speed in Kph or mph
    - Weather temperature in degrees or fahrenheit
    - Full screen with immersive mode available (android 4.4)
    - shortcuts to toggle bluetooth, screen brightness, orientation and theme
    -Hotword for Google Now “Ok Google” (android 4.4+) inside the app
    - Holo Theme and Android L design , inspired in Android Auto from Google as well.
    -built in Music Player
    -Built in smart dialer to call your contacts
    -Built in Contacts list

M3uqJY8GJzBn9wst5AWYeeCd1N7HIgL0xmWU8ku98bPdJ6ybJwvm7QJ6UIH7Gq3-Ww=h900-rw

89VY5KmHPIxu1J7HA_SIkhwpJMhq9tltyuKWb3qE7fnR1Q09LV8Eyo7GMNU3Hsjgc0p_=h900-rw

eVY32ZEpSoScxaM-hO3XRQSzTbXD2Y_WJizCrFcZTa04EV0ZYDFKzj1Se6dO28X33xg=h900-rw

b0Nm7bz41zo3T6WHQC4Y_ekRMYl9NL9d_ZvSMQ4sNInFh7HbeTtcU9WD3u4k-1xdWitp=h900-rw

F7A2tq86v2e0MsV_SVCs_kFSRZMvaSc4NP-JivS_gZ0LXDzU34i6hlloEbO5eCvX29c=h900-rw

5ixhu_cThn9kbdr7mfrlnardhXnL0jKSQ23h7QpSCCQRq6M-kcN5Fk13HugILo9XgQ=h900-rw

WBRhvSH8T0C5ajCk1fFtxFUo7DWdDkEBdfJS6-QrRp7Av9lgBqm3Q8quvAfXd84a14Q=h900-rw

you can download from play store HERE
    if you like my work please leave a good review on play store :D thanks a lot!!
    Is there, or can there be, an option to have Dashdroid close itself when either the charger cable is disconnected or BT connection is lost? That would be s more elegant solution.

OK i should be sleeping :/
    anyways i just push a new version
    Tasker use the next intent Action:
    "com.nezdroid.mycardahsboard.STOP" (without quotes) to close my app in a "safe" way
    i added BT disconnection, so you can enable in settings and the app will close upon bluetooth disconnections (warning, some devices connect/disconnect before pairing, so you could see my app open and closing because this)
    if i forgot something let me know
    and can you try the tasker intent?
    Thanks

Wow, that was much easier than what I thought. It works great. Now Car Dashdroid can be automatically closed.

Actually I'm using this stop intent when my bluetooth speakerphone is disconnected (if leaving my car). In tasker I just added the action "Send Intent" (in Misc category) and copy-paste the action com.nezdroid.mycardahsboard.STOP that's all.

For those who doesn't use tasker. If you can run adb shell in your app (which should be the case, at least with a plugin). Then simply use the next shell line:
    am broadcast -a com.nezdroid.mycardahsboard.STOP

I think everybody is able now to close the app without issues. Thanks again to zen kun
    No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.
    Oh, let me see i suppose im queryng the database but i guess shows only with google? mmm let me see if this happens :/
    thanks!!
    Great App so far, but i got a few questions...

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
    How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

Can you please take a look at these issues??

otherwise a nice app!!
    i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

Zen,
    This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!
    yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts :)
    No, apparently they just changed something API-wise. I'm using the Chronus weather widget app and its dev also had some problems with the Yahoo API some time ago which he managed to fix.
    Thanks, I will take a look and try fix this too :)