By xzzz9097, Senior Member on 19th January 2014, 12:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2014, 03:58 PM |#461  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cney

Ahh. I did not know about this. That kind of sucks. Anyone have a good idea? Is there a good option available to increase app space? Via partitioning or hack. It's all good.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

have you tried the app sdfix from Google play
The Following User Says Thank You to suljo94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suljo94 Ad-Free

14th August 2014, 07:30 AM |#462  
Flag Kolding
Thanks Meter: 2,285

More
Quote:

Ahh. I did not know about this. That kind of sucks. Anyone have a good idea? Is there a good option available to increase app space? Via partitioning or hack. It's all good.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

There is an option to to use all memory as shared data/sdcard (the partition we use as "external"sdcard). Works great, but....
Reformat is required, plus recovery, kernel and ROM must be build for this. Once done, you cannot use old ROMs, unless you revert it all.

Best option for now, is to try to get link2sd or move2sd working. Android Tuner has them both. I could not get link2sd to work on my ROM, but move2sd works (maybe because i have native support for it in the ROM already ).
Give it a try. It may require changes to ramdisk though.
The Following User Says Thank You to teemo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teemo Ad-Free
20th August 2014, 12:11 PM |#463  
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94

have you tried the app sdfix from Google play

Tried it but the option for moving does not appear. Redoing the sdfix does not work because it says that it has allready been applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo

There is an option to to use all memory as shared data/sdcard (the partition we use as "external"sdcard). Works great, but....
Reformat is required, plus recovery, kernel and ROM must be build for this. Once done, you cannot use old ROMs, unless you revert it all.

Best option for now, is to try to get link2sd or move2sd working. Android Tuner has them both. I could not get link2sd to work on my ROM, but move2sd works (maybe because i have native support for it in the ROM already ).
Give it a try. It may require changes to ramdisk though.

I'll try the apps but your first option gave me a tingle. I don't mind reflashing this rom (if the shared data/sdcard thing works on this one) and using a different recovery and formatting. Got any idea what recovery works? and if this ROM is capable of this. and if there is a thread or other source that has info on how to doe this?
20th August 2014, 12:38 PM |#464  
Flag Dimana-mana
Thanks Meter: 3,362

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried it but the option for moving does not appear. Redoing the sdfix does not work because it says that it has allready been applied.

I'll try the apps but your first option gave me a tingle. I don't mind reflashing this rom (if the shared data/sdcard thing works on this one) and using a different recovery and formatting. Got any idea what recovery works? and if this ROM is capable of this. and if there is a thread or other source that has info on how to doe this?

You need to build from source...cherry-pick from cm gerrit (credit to thoemy)... Try this before and got a few hick up...but no major problem. Most of thing work well.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to audahadi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audahadi Ad-Free
20th August 2014, 02:30 PM |#465  
Flag Kolding

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by audahadi

You need to build from source...cherry-pick from cm gerrit (credit to thoemy)... Try this before and got a few hick up...but no major problem. Most of thing work well.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

I did not see any issues, but @Thömy noticed some (5th comment). At least you should know, that FAT is gone, which mean you will not be able to mount sdcard in windows. But that is no different than Nexus and most new devices I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to teemo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teemo Ad-Free
3rd September 2014, 01:02 PM |#466  
OP Senior Member
Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 708

More
4.5 beta 4 with Linaro uploaded. Play Store still color-glitched.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xzzz9097 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzzz9097 Ad-Free
4th September 2014, 12:14 PM |#467  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzzz9097

didn't you fix the color-glitch in the uber-build? is there a reason not continue with this, it was running quite fine for me..

anyway, thanks for keeping our HOX updated
4th September 2014, 05:29 PM |#468  
Flag Kolding

More
Quote:

There is a few posts here that might be of interest
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55239382
8th September 2014, 02:00 AM |#469  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Awesome.

One small question, I'm on 4.4 rc1 atm. Can i just flash the 4.5 beta 4 over this, or should a do a full wipe before flashing?
11th September 2014, 02:47 AM |#470  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Exclamation
is 4.5 beta4 Stable enough for daily use?
11th September 2014, 04:57 PM |#471  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianhawk93

is 4.5 beta4 Stable enough for daily use?

It works well enough I think. Not many issues, just a few random reboots
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)