[MORPHOLOGY] Options and Images Previews for 1.5

Search This thread

ParrSt

Apr 23, 2011
Euless
Want to learn Morphology

Can someone point me to an in depth how to for Morphology? I am not interested in themes so much as individual changes. If possible, I would like to learn how to make my own toggles, and notification icons, or at the very least find a good repository for such icons that I can install individually as opposed to installing a whole theme.

Bob

rompnit

Aug 24, 2008
Granger, IN
Can someone point me to an in depth how to for Morphology? I am not interested in themes so much as individual changes. If possible, I would like to learn how to make my own toggles, and notification icons, or at the very least find a good repository for such icons that I can install individually as opposed to installing a whole theme.

Bob

That's the beauty of Morphology.. you can install a whole theme, or pick and choose what you want to change.
Here's a link to my DevHost page :http://d-h.st/users/rompnit/?fld_id=0#files
There you can find plenty of files to rip open and see how they tick. As a general rule with the zip files, full apks are in the XTRAS folder while apk injections are in the MORPH folder. If you are only wanting to change icons (for example) they would go into the MORPH folder, following the exact same path as within the actual apk. Hope that makes sense. :confused:

calebsb

Dec 10, 2012
spokompton
That's the beauty of Morphology.. you can install a whole theme, or pick and choose what you want to change.
There you can find plenty of files to rip open and see how they tick. As a general rule with the zip files, full apks are in the XTRAS folder while apk injections are in the MORPH folder. If you are only wanting to change icons (for example) they would go into the MORPH folder, following the exact same path as within the actual apk. Hope that makes sense. :confused:

Uh oh you just handed the keys over for Pandora's box :eek:

apezasem.jpg

62938d1381972534-update-theme-purp-nurp-open-android-rom-purp-nurp-2-small.png

ParrSt

Apr 23, 2011
Euless
question is how? Do I have to use Zips and apks made for Morphology, then pick and pull. or does morphology give me the ability to choose a theme but only take the pieces I want. And most important, how?

For example, I have been looking into modding and I have found out a bit about the apks, but if I find at theme that I want to take JUST the toggles for example. I can take them from an apk but how do I build my own with JUST the toggles I took?

Bob

calebsb

Dec 10, 2012
spokompton
question is how? Do I have to use Zips and apks made for Morphology, then pick and pull. or does morphology give me the ability to choose a theme but only take the pieces I want. And most important, how?

For example, I have been looking into modding and I have found out a bit about the apks, but if I find at theme that I want to take JUST the toggles for example. I can take them from an apk but how do I build my own with JUST the toggles I took?

Bob

Make sure the pngs are named exactly the same and use a morph zip. Extract the morph zip and inside the morph folder make a system folder inside that make a framework folder inside that make a lidroid.apk folder inside that make a res folder inside that make a drawable-hdpi folder and put the toggle pngs in there. Rezip all the morph zip folders and flash. Make a backup first just in case

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

This looked great until I noticed no transparency options at all. Are they just not showed in the preview pictures?

That would be hard to see :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
HotRodOrangeMagnum

Hi all. Any chance of getting the HotRodOrangeMagnum theme added to Morphology 1.5? Wasabi added it not too long ago and it is the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Hi all. Any chance of getting the HotRodOrangeMagnum theme added to Morphology 1.5? Wasabi added it not too long ago and it is the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are TONS of options so far in THIS IS AN OLD THREAD, BUT MOST OF THE IMAGE PREVIEWS ARE THE SAME[/COLOR][/I][/B]

But what do they all mean, and more importantly What Do They All Look Like?

Well.... Here it is...... the long awaited and much appreciated "What's what" of the Morphology png previews and options in the Aroma Installer!

At the bottom of this post, there are also links to post where other Morphologists have shared their work. Items not found in the Main Morphology zip. (for now)

The Aroma powered installer will walk you through step by step
    Common available colors are white, Sammy green, yellow, red, ICS blue, stock grey, pink, orange, purple, dark blue, or neon green

First, Pick your install type:
    *** Backup Current Theme
    *** Create a custom theme
    *** Install a WasabiWa83 OMG Theme Screen Shots HERE [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929403"](30 rebaked & optimized themes including Project Google!)
    ***Restore a previously generated backup (Installer will prompt to create a backup during the process!)
    ***Delete current backup files

*** Backup Current Theme

- Select a statusbar style
    Status-Bar.jpg

Statusbar-Aurora.jpg

- Pick your statusbar clock style (center or stock locations) and color, or remove it all together

- Pick a SystemUI pulldown style
    Choice of AOSP or Stock styles – Choose Color. Choose your pulldown clock color. Notification ‘presses’ and ERI Label will match in color
    Choose to keep or remove the brightness slider!
    Pick a pulldown background - 26 to choose from, including semi and full transparent!
    Pull-Downs.jpg

Plus various colors from which to choose

Select your pulldown bottom bar color
    Select your notification bar color – Choose from black, stock, dark purple, or dark grey (Only if Stock Pulldown style in selected)

- Choose a battery icon style – stock (11 colors), honeycomb (11 colors), custom (5 options), or remove completely!
    Battery-Blueglass.JPG

BlueGlass

Batteries.JPG

- Select WiFi & Signal icon style – Gradient (8 colors), Stock (11 colors), or custom (2 options currently)
    Sig-wifi.jpg

- Pick misc. icon colors - Bluetooth, Screenshot, Ringer, etc..
    Framework-Colors-pink.JPG

Stock with various color choices

Framework-Naddict.JPG

Naddict

Framework-Anastasia-Green.JPG

Anastasia This is green, but it comes in many colors

- Select 1x/3G/4G icon
    1x3x4g-colors.JPG

Standard Colors available

1x3x4g-Anastasia-colors.JPG

Anastasia Various colors available

- Choose activity arrow
    DattaArrows-colors.JPG

Standard

DattaArrows-Anastasia-colors.JPG

Anastasia various colors from which to choose

- Theme your Framework Select a predefined framework theme (16 color options)
    Select customize to pick loading circles and/or brightness slider. Again... Just choose a color
    spinners.png

NEW Framework Backgrounds They will show up as the background in a bunch of apps like settings, dialer (if glass or clear) mms main menu, root explorer, etc..
    Screenshot_2013-01-06-21-37-03.png
    Backgrounds.jpg

New in 1.5...
    1-5-bkgrnds.jpg

- Customize your Toggles - Stock, Glow, Custom, OMG theme style, or vertical glass style. All options and colors
    Toggles.jpg

- Decide to keep or remove toggle bars and toggle text labels!
    - Select a toggle background - 10 to choose from!!
    Toggle-Bkgrnd.jpg

Along with various standard color choices

- Choose a dialer background - 17 to choose from! All include matching 'incall' dialers!
    Dialers.jpg

- Pick your dialer digit colors - 12 colors to choose from!
    Dialern-Wicked-Pink.JPG

Wicked Pink

Dialern-Latigra.JPG

Latigra

Dialern-Stock.JPG

Stock Various colors

- Decide whether or not to install a MMS predefined theme - various colors to choose from!

- Choose to install settings icons – 17 icon colors including Stock and Glass!
    Settings.png

That should give you an idea of what you are about to install...
    Happy Morphing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But Wait! There's more!

So many people have shared their morph work with the thread, I thought I would list links to their posts for everyone. These are batterys, pulldowns, backgrounds etc. But now you cand find them much easier!

THE FILES BELOW HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED ON MOAR 9... TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK :p
    ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP FIRST

If you want to be included here, and I missed you, just PM me the post number of the post where you shared your masterpiece(s)

Framework Backgrounds
    Saturn
    Avengers
    IronMan
    Resident Evil
    Green_Androids
    Spider web
    BA dragon
    Darth pulldown
    Echo113 9 images
    Echo113 one more

Settings Pulldown Icons. citrus and pink

Color Text

Negative Colors Option

Keyboards

Morphology Logo pulldown

Castaway Battery Icons in different Colors

Simile Face WiFi icons

Cartoony Lock Screen Clock

Mashed Up Contacts

Transparent status bar and revert black status bar stand alone mods

And of course,Naddict's list of single items in the second post.

You can also check out all the pulldowns, framework images, Jellybean Scrubbers, and other morphs that Calebsb and ChaosTime86 put together over on their thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096164
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you really want to see all 17,000+ png images in 1.5, just unzip the file, and search for .png. That will give you a window with everything (most are from the OMG themes, so see previews on that thread) But you can steal, tweak or edit any of those Icons for your own purpose, then just rezip the file and flash away. After all, Morphology is Flash it YOUR way!

Here is my setup for today.... Can you say "Blue" :)
    View attachment 1612707View attachment 1608888Screenshot_2013-01-21-10-44-21.jpgScreenshot_2013-01-21-10-37-17.jpg
    This has elements of morphology 1.3, 1.4, OMG Blue Streak theme and icons and Dialer colored and tweaked by me and zipped and flashed :)
    The possibilities are endless!
    I didn't get first!! lol.. Man this is outstanding!!!!
    Is there a guide somewhere on how to create custom pulldowns? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710...if some one helps you press the thanks button

Download tmcwilliams pulldown zip on page 9 of this thread. Then extract the zip open the morph file keep opening the files inside till you see the PNG replace the PNG with your own rename it to pulldown. Back all the way out and select all 5 folders Use 7zip and presto chango :D then go hit everyone's thanks button. Have fun

Sent from my Insanely Morphed S3 LI3 ktoonsez747 (196-2106) TW FreeGs3 2.0.0
    Is anyone else having issues when trying to make a custom theme, the aroma installer freezes when making a selection or going back a step?

This thread is about the previews, NOT about Morphology issues. If you have questions, ask on the main Morphology thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1968724

But I warn you. If you ask this question, which has been answered numerous times, you will get flamed :p
    Read the OP there and follow the instructions; including installing the SilkUI etc........ Search about backing up and freezes, Then read the last 10 or so pages to get acquainted with the issues and operations.

Kirk out.
    Naddict Tribute

For those that need to see what the Naddict Tribute looks like...here are a few screenies, props to Rompnit and to Monty_py_fly for the obvious reasons ;)

Screenshot_2013-02-06-08-12-27_zpsf971c5c4.png

Screenshot_2013-02-06-08-13-04_zps6c24b291.png

Screenshot_2013-02-06-08-09-04_zpsf4b32aba.png

Screenshot_2013-02-06-08-07-43_zpsfdc8a051.png

Screenshot_2013-02-06-08-08-06_zps7a524b5b.png