3,206 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,319

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2012, 05:07 AM |#1001  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Hey blk. Percentage wise, how far along is the next Mimicry ICS update? Also, how close is the first Andromadus (both) JB rom, percentage wise, if u don't mind telling.

19th July 2012, 05:17 AM |#1002  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 379

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

You mean, why am I posting about it in 2 threads (not everywhere), 1 of which is specifically about the Shift/FN bug in SwiftKey 3 affecting a user using CM9 [link] and the other is in THIS thread.

I shouldn't even have to respond to such a pointless and seemingly righteous comment in my own thread, but just so you know, the SwiftKey 3 bug has been mentioned & discussed here a number of times [link] [link] [link] [link] [link]

Plus, why you particularly care? This thread is for my ROM and I'm trying to inform its users that we can collectively get an issue that's been discussed for literally pages fixed by a simple upvote.

No need to be pissy, didn't notice it was your thread, just saw what I thought was 3 replies to threads, plus the link drop in #g2root which you left right after linking so it seemed like spamming outside of the fact this was your own thread.

Ps I do use swiftkey 3 on this ics rom, but u heard that issue was not specific to swiftkey but I've also experienced it on gingerbread with the stick keyboard app.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
19th July 2012, 05:18 AM |#1003  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hop2o6

Hey blk. Percentage wise, how far along is the next Mimicry ICS update? Also, how close is the first Andromadus (both) JB rom, percentage wise, if u don't mind telling.

Ask a bit later today on IRC & I might have a test build to give out

As for JB though... I can't say with much certainty. As much as a lot of the "big" features are almost done or they are being developed quickly, there are likely going to be a lot of smaller issues (like what we have for ICS currently). Right now the testing is focused around providing sheer functionality and there is still a lot of polish left to do. So.. it's very difficult to say since we lack proper QA at this stage. An early alpha could come soon depending on the feedback from Flinny's test builds, but I couldn't give you an accurate estimate on when to expect a CM10/JB ROM on the same level as ICS.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2012, 06:36 AM |#1004  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Ask a bit later today on IRC & I might have a test build to give out

As for JB though... I can't say with much certainty. As much as a lot of the "big" features are almost done or they are being developed quickly, there are likely going to be a lot of smaller issues (like what we have for ICS currently). Right now the testing is focused around providing sheer functionality and there is still a lot of polish left to do. So.. it's very difficult to say since we lack proper QA at this stage. An early alpha could come soon depending on the feedback from Flinny's test builds, but I couldn't give you an accurate estimate on when to expect a CM10/JB ROM on the same level as ICS.

I never said when, but % wise .. But it sounds like 50% til DD status I guess. What is QA? Questions & Answers? Lol, but I would love to test out an alpha JB rom. I wouldn't even mind if the added Andromadus features are missing, I just want to try out some JB on our phone to get a feel for it.

And I don't want to come in your IRC room and bug u for pre-1.1.3/1.2 .. So if u can, can u PM me a link? Thx for the response blk!
19th July 2012, 08:48 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 3,311

More
Does anyone care about cm9 anymore? Lol. Rc2 is being released now

Check cyanogen Google+ page or the website blog

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G
19th July 2012, 09:09 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hop2o6

I never said when, but % wise .. But it sounds like 50% til DD status I guess. What is QA? Questions & Answers? Lol, but I would love to test out an alpha JB rom. I wouldn't even mind if the added Andromadus features are missing, I just want to try out some JB on our phone to get a feel for it.

And I don't want to come in your IRC room and bug u for pre-1.1.3/1.2 .. So if u can, can u PM me a link? Thx for the response blk!

I believe it's Quality Assurance

Also CM9 RC2 is out there
19th July 2012, 09:30 AM |#1007  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranded.eu

I believe it's Quality Assurance

Also CM9 RC2 is out there

That's what I was thinking at the time, but wasn't sure.
19th July 2012, 09:55 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thanks for the info about swiftkey. I upvoted the issue.

Another small thing: The keymap for the German keyboard uses the special characters äöü just fine, however, there is no capital version for fn+shift, but instead they just produce äöü again.

And a last small question: Do you accept donations? I feel like I might stay on this ROM for quite some time, and I usually like to buy the people whose free work I profit from at least a cup of coffee.
19th July 2012, 11:24 AM |#1009  
Flag Potsdam
Thanks Meter: 344

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsip

Another small thing: The keymap for the German keyboard uses the special characters äöü just fine, however, there is no capital version for fn+shift, but instead they just produce äöü again.

I've modified the vision-keypad-ger.kcm in /system/usr/keychars/ myself to fix it.
If you don't know how - I could help you.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
The Following User Says Thank You to TpmKranz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TpmKranz Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 01:31 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thanks!
The syntax seems pretty self explanatory; just pushed the new file to the phone. I'll attach it in case anyone else might want to use it. I only replaced shift+alt for J,K,L with the respective codes for ÄÜÖ, everything else remains unchanged from the ROM's original file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vision-keypad-ger.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.7 KB, 37 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to dsip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dsip Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 03:23 PM |#1011  
i'm not sure if this is a ROM, ICS or Nova launcher issue, but Is there a setting to disable the music player widget on the lockscreen???

i mean, its kinda nice to automatically have music control on the lockscreen... but it disables my wallpaper background and i can't see the large clock on the lockscreen either

not the most major issue... but if anyone have any quick sol'n, i'm all ears
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)