PS Certified for What

Search This thread

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
There are a lot of games in the Market that works on multiple devices, but so far what titles ive seen w/ is created for X-Play only is Experiment 13 or what, great titles are not ported to this device, games are limited and a lot of them are kids game. Final Fantasy Remake, Devil May Cry and a lot more names that popularized on PS are created by Japanese. Im quite disappointed getting this phone, for no reason i didnt get the play station satisfaction. Itll be much better if sony would own modifications for xplay such as camera mod and game keyboard.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Thewonderboy

Jan 18, 2012
Mmh, Im pretty happy with play, It got vastly more support and was way more succesfull than Nokias Ngage and Ngage 2 software. Xplay perfected the formula and is heading to right direction.

Emulators work and there is few decent games on the market, I will be there buying Xplay 2 without hesistation :)

Granted, price was too high but there was multiple reasons, one being unique game pad that wasnt even mass producted before (I dont think they directly used PSP GO's model to create Xplay's plastics)

Besides, PS suite is yet to come, things might get interesting ;)

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
After a year, few games ported ti xperia play,assassins creed and the devil may cry 4 fr. Japan... Oh yeah final fantasy also created on Japan and has english only for iPhone.

Thewonderboy

Jan 18, 2012
I dont think those are PS suite content (just PS store)

PS suite just entered Open Beta, just wait till its open for public (other than for developers)

lucil13

Mar 21, 2012
Serpong
you should try using PSXPERIA, it could convert your backup images (.bin, .iso, .img) of Playstation games into an APK, and it will be integrated into your Playstation Pocket, take a look at this link to see how it works now:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1530228

Besides using PSXPERIA, we can also play many HD games for ANDROID with the gamepad and even touchpad, it is the difference that we had and the others couldn't have it. you should try games that were published by Gameloft, EA, and Glu. they have many great games with many genre available..

Xperia Play is the best phone that i ever have, i bought it together with 2 of my friends, and one of them already sold it, because he didn't know how to maximize the potential of Xperia Play, you should try to use Stock Based Custom ROM, using PSXPERIA, and play Android HD Games in you XPeria Play

Regards

Reactions: TheBaronVonTito

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
If you want games which don't treat you as a 13 year old, don't let 13 year olds (actually their parents) buy smartphones. Only now are we starting to see mature stuff (or at least parent-service of some kind) in video games, when some 30 year olds play with them.

XPlay-Swype

sashake

Apr 7, 2012
I'm lovin the phone

I'm sorry you don't get the joy out of the phone as the rest does.
But I honestly can't get your reason, you even say you are dissapointed for no reason... so :confused:

You can't get the playstation feeling? There are more than 300 android games out which work with the dpad, 300 games that your friends have to play via annoying touch controls. Even tho Shadowgun, Backstab, Gangster Rio and so on aren't playstation titles, they are awesome to play and no kid games... Besides.. you can play various Playstation games, FinalFantasy, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid to name just a few.
Plus All those other emulators SNES/N64/Dosbox/Sega which let you play classic games with the dpad... It's awesome!!! Here a quick round of Street Fighter on SNES, bit of Mario on N64, kill some zombies in resident evil....
You get a full android phone with all the goodies + an Univarsel pocket gaming machine <3

I guess you either love the phone, or do not care for its features in which case you shouldnt have got it in the first place.

cotda

Apr 8, 2011
www.daniel-cotton.co.uk
Playstation Suite is not something that can be released as such, it is a developer program, enabling the users of Playstation Certified devices to download games from a community of developers, these developers, through the playstation suite SDK can take advantages of Playstation Services, however currently not trophies. These games will then be added to the Playstation Store on your XPlay.

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
There are a lot of games in the Market that works on multiple devices, but so far what titles ive seen w/ is created for X-Play only is Experiment 13 or what, great titles are not ported to this device, games are limited and a lot of them are kids game. Final Fantasy Remake, Devil May Cry and a lot more names that popularized on PS are created by Japanese. Im quite disappointed getting this phone, for no reason i didnt get the play station satisfaction. Itll be much better if sony would own modifications for xplay such as camera mod and game keyboard.

+1 , i'm agree with you , there is no sony's exclusive game .

i'm sure if samsung or htc were experienced enough on games as prefect as sony has , they allways wold make sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many #1 games , and they would show off on their mobile-play technology !

i can't understand why sony with this huge experience on PS1, PS2 ,PS3 , psp and vita don't want to make its #1 games on xperia play ! or don't want to make a powerful xperia play !

our xperia play is really out of date for #1 games ...

D

DennisDroid

Try Emus like FPSE (Y)

With those Emus you can play all these old but gold games like Tekken 3 or Wipeout 3 or somenthin else :)

I am one of those people who loves their play :)

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
I was under the impression that most people got the play for emulation, since Sony ALWAYS fails when it comes to mobile devices.
The ps3 isn't exactly doing well either.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
What about the PSP? Despite what people say about it, it was an awesome little handheld

When I say they fail, I mean the selection of games. The PSP was seriously lacking in selection of good titles. The PSP Go just made things worse.

And now look at the Play. Yes, the device itself is great, just like with the PSP, but really, how many good games has Sony released for it, or how many exclusives have we been given by their partners? Almost nothing. I don't consider gameloft adding a few pieces of code for our controllers a big deal, as their games are half-ass most of the time anyway.

And aside from the controller code, we haven't seen any optimization to make up for our modest hardware, so a lot of games lag. Yes you can fix some of it with overclocking, but that isn't something that should be required. A gaming device should be ready to handle games right out of the box, not require hacking to make them run at a playable fps rate. Had Sony worked harder to bring us optimizations, we wouldn't be having this problem.

And yes, optimized code really does make that much of a difference. Try this as an experiment, I dare you: Get GTA San Andreas for PC, and try running it with the same computer, but switch between two video cards of equal specs, one ATI, and one nvidia. It'll run one hell of a lot better on the nvidia card. Why? Because Rockstar Games optimized the game for NV cards.

The hardware isn't the issue. The issue is that Sony promises it's customers a lot of things that they never deliver. Where's our mobile PS suite? Where are all the exclusive games we were supposed to get? What about the original PlayStation titles that never showed up?

They did the same thing with the PS3. Look how long it took them to get a few decent games that weren't on every console. PS3 owners were led to believe they'd get the best game system on the planet, so they paid double the price of an Xbox, and what did they get? A bluray player that also has a few games they could have played on a console that costs half the price. Well, was half anyway. Not anymore, but how many years did it take?

I heard a few people say the devices will improve now that Ericsson is gone, but frankly I don't think that's the case. It seems highly likely that the Sony half of the company was playing a large part in the problems regarding updates, missing promised features etc. Seems all too obvious given their history with devices that were made solely by them.

It's not about hardware, it's about the user experience.

Sent from my Overcome Galaxy Tab 10.1

Last edited:
Reactions: jdz7t8

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
When I say they fail, I mean the selection of games. The PSP was seriously lacking in selection of good titles. The PSP Go just made things worse.

And now look at the Play. Yes, the device itself is great, just like with the PSP, but really, how many good games has Sony released for it, or how many exclusives have we been given by their partners? Almost nothing. I don't consider gameloft adding a few pieces of code for our controllers a big deal, as their games are half-ass most of the time anyway.

And aside from the controller code, we haven't seen any optimization to make up for our modest hardware, so a lot of games lag. Yes you can fix some of it with overclocking, but that isn't something that should be required. A gaming device should be ready to handle games right out of the box, not require hacking to make them run at a playable fps rate. Had Sony worked harder to bring us optimizations, we wouldn't be having this problem.

And yes, optimized code really does make that much of a difference. Try this as an experiment, I dare you: Get GTA San Andreas for PC, and try running it with the same computer, but switch between two video cards of equal specs, one ATI, and one nvidia. It'll run one hell of a lot better on the nvidia card. Why? Because Rockstar Games optimized the game for NV cards.

The hardware isn't the issue. The issue is that Sony promises it's customers a lot of things that they never deliver. Where's our mobile PS suite? Where are all the exclusive games we were supposed to get? What about the original PlayStation titles that never showed up?

They did the same thing with the PS3. Look how long it took them to get a few decent games that weren't on every console. PS3 owners were led to believe they'd get the best game system on the planet, so they paid double the price of an Xbox, and what did they get? A bluray player that also has a few games they could have played on a console that costs half the price. Well, was half anyway. Not anymore, but how many years did it take?

I heard a few people say the devices will improve now that Ericsson is gone, but frankly I don't think that's the case. It seems highly likely that the Sony half of the company was playing a large part in the problems regarding updates, missing promised features etc. Seems all too obvious given their history with devices that were made solely by them.

oh ,thanks god , finally i've find someone that have same opinion with me!
i'm agree with you my friend .

on my opinion , we had bought xperia play (as a gamer ) cause we love sony's exclusive games , sony promised a lot of games ...

i always was with sony , from playstation1,ps2,psp ....till now(ps3) . i'm personally waiting (for one year ) to see a sony's exclusive game . but nothing happened !
as capitan67 said above , we have to root , convert game's image... but what sony have done ?!
after one year , they have forgotten all promises and just lunch TAKKEN1 with some of useless games !

hey guys , does sony kidding us ?! what can we do with TAKKEN 1, why medievil 1 ?! ...

i can remember 2 years age , when i had bought X10 mini pro and what SonyEricsson had done with us on X10 series .
i though thought this time , sony will make all promises true !

excuse me if my English is bad , i don't want to blame sony , i'm still with sony , i just wanna say that we don't need GAMELOFT or other mobile-game-developer. i prefer to play n64 , ps1 , snes games will all long and nice story instead of gameloft... low level's game.
i could buy a galasy s2 , or galaxy note if i want to play mobile-global games , cause that's display screen is much better, also cpu ang GPu ...

i had bought xperia play , cause i'm GAMER , i love SONY'S GAMES , i LOVE SONY'S EXCLUSIVE games . ..

i don't know , what sony will promise to us on xperia play 2 ?!?

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
I'm going iPhone after this device so I don't have to deal with this Sony not fulfilling our promises crap. Never had a problem with Apple. I will still buy Sony's consoles though.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Last edited:

jdz7t8

May 10, 2011
I think the real reason why Sony has not been able to release any good games via the PlayStation Pocket App for the Xperia Play, such as FF7 or FF8, is because unlike releasing these games on a console like a PlayStation 3 or a PSP, which has their own custom OSs [operating systems] the Xperia Play runs Android. Releasing FF7 or a big game like that for the Play would be like releasing it for Android. In no time every other Android user would have access to the game. I think a developer like Square Enix would much prefer charging $10-$20 for FF7 on iOS [iPhone,] which supposedly has more customers willing to pay for that content. It's really not Sony's fault, it's actually the game developers. Just look at what Square Enix has done with iOS. They have released multiple Final Fantasy games, created an RPG specifically for the platform [Chaos Rings,] all while pretty much ignoring Android. It's not so much that the developers are ignoring the Xperia Play, they are in fact really ignoring Android.

TheBaronVonTito

you should try using PSXPERIA, it could convert your backup images (.bin, .iso, .img) of Playstation games into an APK, and it will be integrated into your Playstation Pocket, take a look at this link to see how it works now:

Besides using PSXPERIA, we can also play many HD games for ANDROID with the gamepad and even touchpad, it is the difference that we had and the others couldn't have it. you should try games that were published by Gameloft, EA, and Glu. they have many great games with many genre available..

Xperia Play is the best phone that i ever have, i bought it together with 2 of my friends, and one of them already sold it, because he didn't know how to maximize the potential of Xperia Play, you should try to use Stock Based Custom ROM, using PSXPERIA, and play Android HD Games in you XPeria Play

Regards

+1 :)
I'm agree with this

Sent using xda premium from my costumized Xperia™ PLAY r800i (TrueAncestor ROM by Jjkkyu, DoomKernel v14 by DoomLord, v6 SuperCharger by zeppelinrox, and other Tweaks and Mods :D )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards
    What about the PSP? Despite what people say about it, it was an awesome little handheld