[ICS][4.0]CyanogenMod 9 from Rockchip RK2918 [no official] [30/09]

Search This thread

vurrut

Oct 4, 2010
logo.png

CyanogenMod is free, community built, the distribution of aftermarket firmware Android 4.0 (Ice cream), which is designed to increase performance and reliability in the stock Android for your device.

Code:
# include <std_disclaimer.h>
/ *
* Not responsible for bricks devices, SD cards dead
* Thermonuclear war, or be fired because of the alarm application failed. Please
* Do some research, if you have any questions about the features included in this ROM
* Before flashing it! You are choosing to make these changes, and if
* You point the finger at me for spoiling the device, I will laugh at you.
* /

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with additional contributions from many people within the Android community. Can be used without any need for any Google software installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project to restore parts of Google. CyanogenMod are still included various hardware-specific code, which is also gradually open source anyway.

All source code is available CyanogenMod Github repository CyanogenMod. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit code review. You can also see the Changelog for a complete list of updates and features.

Instructions:

The first time you use CyanogenMod 9 on the device or from another ROM?

1-Install ClockworkMod recovery. The instructions are available in the second post .
2-Make a backup nandroid your current ROM. (in the Backup and recovery >> restore >> backup)
3-Format the partition of data and cache device. (in the recovery >> Wipe data / factory reset
4-CyanogenMod to flash (Install zip from sdcard, CM9-(fversion)-UNOFICIAL-pascal2.zip)
5-Optional: Install the Google Apps package addon. (Install zip from sdcard gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)

Upgrading from an earlier version of CyanogenMod 9

Make a backup nandroid your current ROM.
CyanogenMod flash (Google Apps will be a backup and restore automatically).

problems

Experience issues? Please provide the following information to our bug tracker:
If the device was difficult to start the system, please provide the file "/ proc / last_kmsg".
If the device was a soft reset, or "bootlooping", please run a Logcat and provide maximum power.
Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod 9:
Latest version: 9_alpha [30/09]
Download: http://d-h.st/3Di/

GoogleApps (supplement):
*Version: gapps-ics-20120429
Mirror: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Moldels tested:

Bq Pascal 2 (rk2918 7", 1gb ram)
Bq Kepler 2 (rk2918 8", 1gb ram)

Last edited:

vurrut

Oct 4, 2010
Not working:

Minor faults:
Problems with overlay (wallpapper aspect, laucher, dimensions ...)
Not tested (HMDI)
Sensor work bad.

Changelog:

30/09/2012
-fix orientation camera
-Update sources

13/09/2012
-Fix vpu/ion
-fix camera

10/09/2012
-Fix rendering webgl (thanks to christiantroy)

30/06/2012
-Add recovery
-Remove incompatibility with install(ro.product)
-Add usb storage support.
-Rendering(Faults in web browser).
-Add own recovery in installer(non touch).

Installation Instructions for vurrut ClockworkMod recovery(non touch):

For Rktools (windows):

1-Download and extract the file on the desktop recovery_RKtool_winV2.zip.
2-Turn the tablet in any way jtag, (-) and insert the usb.
3-Run the RK29update.exe (should appear under "device connected", if not, repeat step 2)
4-Turn the tablet and turn into recovery mode ((-) and (power)).

Restore to the previous ROM:
1-Reboot in the Recovery.
2-Backup and Restore >> Restore.
3-You choose the date of restoration (if you miss several).

Last edited:

vurrut

Oct 4, 2010
I need help from other developers

To build:

repo init -u git://github.com/CM9-Pascal2/android.git -b ics-release
repo sync
./builder.sh pascal2 img.

Things that has been made.
-Gpu
-Sensors.
-Audio.
-Custom releasedtools to build a package
-Create a builder to create custom img. How to use??--->README

Last edited:

biohax17

Jun 27, 2012
Hi,

I have tried twice to make a CM9-build for my Newsmy P9 but none of my builds were succesful so i'am very glad that you succeeded. I'll help you developping the ROM (for Newsmy P9).
Nice to know: One member of our community ported the CWM-recovery to the RK2918 (gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1475526) it's in dutch...

Biohax17

durax

Jun 28, 2012
Finally!

Finally there is someone who tries to cover our "forgotten" RK2918 Tablets. When I bought my Onda vi30 RK2918 Tablet last November I was certain to get the option to upgrade to ICS sooner or later...but neither "sooner" nor "later" came along... :)

But I tried your instruction and get stuck at the screen for CWM. I shows up quiet nicely but the touchscreen isn't recognized properly. Here's what happens:

When I tap on the UP or DOWN or any other Softkey on the screen nothing happens. The keys are just not "pressed". HOWEVER: Once (in landscape orientation) I put my fingers on the upper left corner the small lines above the keys flicker. To make it clearer: the area of the key recognition is way off!

Is there a way to flash the CWM Recovery using my stock rom kernel so that the touchscreen is calibrated accordingly?

Thanks for your help, let me know if I can help with some Try-and-Error :)

Reactions: PANCHOMATASANO

jordane1993

Nov 20, 2010
Hello, i have a problem, i try this rom on my tablet rk 29

http://www.danew.com/fiche-produits-dslide-701r.php?spage=specification

But, when i apply the recovery, i can't launch the rom, i have bootloop to recovery.
I tryed to install the cm9.ZIP
But i'm blocked at " install cyanogenMod9 " since 20 minutes.
Need help to install please ^^

Sorry for my bad english !

Edit : When i try to backup i have :

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E : Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

and can't mount system !

And i can't send the last lmsg , it's impossible to mount sd card, sd card ext, nothing :(

Last edited:

thenenea

Mar 2, 2008
Luxembourg
Could not merge - no boot

Hi,

I have tried to merge the recovery image with the official Cube u18gt elite but no luck. Unpacked with RK Tools, replaced recovery.img with the modified one, packed, flash, no boot. Could you please help a noob and point me in the right direction? Thank you.

FloydF

Sep 1, 2011
I was doing some searches this week and came across a post about having to turn the screen to the right or left to go up or down. I don't think it was XDA, was just a general google search on RK 2918 or RockChip 2918. My wife has a Mediacom smartpad 850i.

durax

Jun 28, 2012
Hey,

I do not have a hardware button/volume rocker like other tablets, I only have three buttons (Menu/Home/Back), a little reset button and the on/off button. I usually flash firmwares by holding the Home Button (the middle one) and plugging the tablet in afterwards.

I have an Onda vi30 Rk2918 (not the A10-Allwinner)

Could I still use this firmware?

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
I have a question. Is it CM9 with original stock kernel for each tablet, or is there a new kernel included in this CM9 ROM?

also

@eugene_sm Hi, could you tell me how it performs when you tested it? Is it the same as stock/Evolution? Or is it similar? Or is it better? Or is it much better?

Thanks!

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
Hi, my feeling is that this firmware is much faster and better than stock/Evolution.

Wow, that's a good news!! I hope I will feel the same way when I try it later. Do you know if it's a different kernel? Or is it the same kernel as usual u9gt2 one, but just the rom is CM9?

Thanks.

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
I just tried this ROM, and I think it's much faster and smoother than stock based cube roms! I have a huge problem though.. I think google play downloads apps, but it doesn't let me open any downloaded apps. If I open an app, it just takes me to the app page in the google play. I THINK it's related to the LCD density that they changed? Everything's tiny. Some people like that, but it causes some problems. So I can't download a file manager (actually can't open it, along with anything I download), so I have to disable my volume buttons because they are broken and acting weird if I don't disable them. Also, I tried downloading all these free apps I need from computer and tried moving to the tablet, and they were moved successfully, BUT I realized..without a file manager, I can't install any apks..damn!

I don't know what to do??

EDIT: NVM after rebooted, every app I downloaded appeared!

BTW, any U9GT2 users who wants to try this rom, DO NOT use the CWM recovery posted in this thread. It bricked my tablet, then I recovered it luckly, and now everything's fine. Use the CWM posted on FlashMyAndroid forum in the recovery section of U9GT2 forum.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

OMFG.. Today is THE day I started to actually like my tablet...since like February??

Just changed the LCD density to 160 (original), and even the home screen is super smooth! Before, at density of 120, the home screen was kind of laggy, but all other system was smooth, but now everything is perfect! If you are an U9gt2 owner, and are somewhat frustrated with the ICS performance, DO TRY THIS, and do all the stuff that I stated above, including POST above! Oh and I changed to Apex Launcher btw.

Cheers!!

Last edited:

ark2010

Jan 28, 2012
London
Hi eugene! Can u tell me if flash is workibg anybetter with this rom. I know itsa long shot but thought it wasworthasking. Currently on gingerbread for flash but a lot of games dont appear to work for some reason. Also is the gsensor working and do uknow if many games are working. Very tempted to try this!

eugene_sm

Jul 5, 2012
Tyumen
Hi eugene! Can u tell me if flash is workibg anybetter with this rom. I know itsa long shot but thought it wasworthasking. Currently on gingerbread for flash but a lot of games dont appear to work for some reason. Also is the gsensor working and do uknow if many games are working. Very tempted to try this!

This firmware is still very raw and I do not recommend it for everyday use. Try Evolution 2.3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod is free, community built, the distribution of aftermarket firmware Android 4.0 (Ice cream), which is designed to increase performance and reliability in the stock Android for your device.

Code:
    # include <std_disclaimer.h>
    / *
    * Not responsible for bricks devices, SD cards dead
    * Thermonuclear war, or be fired because of the alarm application failed. Please
    * Do some research, if you have any questions about the features included in this ROM
    * Before flashing it! You are choosing to make these changes, and if
    * You point the finger at me for spoiling the device, I will laugh at you.
    * /

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with additional contributions from many people within the Android community. Can be used without any need for any Google software installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project to restore parts of Google. CyanogenMod are still included various hardware-specific code, which is also gradually open source anyway.

All source code is available CyanogenMod Github repository CyanogenMod. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit code review. You can also see the Changelog for a complete list of updates and features.

Instructions:

The first time you use CyanogenMod 9 on the device or from another ROM?

1-Install ClockworkMod recovery. The instructions are available in the second post .
    2-Make a backup nandroid your current ROM. (in the Backup and recovery >> restore >> backup)
    3-Format the partition of data and cache device. (in the recovery >> Wipe data / factory reset
    4-CyanogenMod to flash (Install zip from sdcard, CM9-(fversion)-UNOFICIAL-pascal2.zip)
    5-Optional: Install the Google Apps package addon. (Install zip from sdcard gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)

Upgrading from an earlier version of CyanogenMod 9

Make a backup nandroid your current ROM.
    CyanogenMod flash (Google Apps will be a backup and restore automatically).

problems

Experience issues? Please provide the following information to our bug tracker:
    If the device was difficult to start the system, please provide the file "/ proc / last_kmsg".
    If the device was a soft reset, or "bootlooping", please run a Logcat and provide maximum power.
    Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod 9:
    Latest version: 9_alpha [30/09]
    Download: http://d-h.st/3Di/

GoogleApps (supplement):
    *Version: gapps-ics-20120429
    Mirror: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Moldels tested:

Bq Pascal 2 (rk2918 7", 1gb ram)
    Bq Kepler 2 (rk2918 8", 1gb ram)
    Not working:

Minor faults:
    Problems with overlay (wallpapper aspect, laucher, dimensions ...)
    Not tested (HMDI)
    Sensor work bad.

Changelog:

30/09/2012
    -fix orientation camera
    -Update sources

13/09/2012
    -Fix vpu/ion
    -fix camera

10/09/2012
    -Fix rendering webgl (thanks to christiantroy)

30/06/2012
    -Add recovery
    -Remove incompatibility with install(ro.product)
    -Add usb storage support.
    -Rendering(Faults in web browser).
    -Add own recovery in installer(non touch).

Installation Instructions for vurrut ClockworkMod recovery(non touch):

For Rktools (windows):

1-Download and extract the file on the desktop recovery_RKtool_winV2.zip.
    2-Turn the tablet in any way jtag, (-) and insert the usb.
    3-Run the RK29update.exe (should appear under "device connected", if not, repeat step 2)
    4-Turn the tablet and turn into recovery mode ((-) and (power)).

Restore to the previous ROM:
    1-Reboot in the Recovery.
    2-Backup and Restore >> Restore.
    3-You choose the date of restoration (if you miss several).
    I need help from other developers

To build:

repo init -u git://github.com/CM9-Pascal2/android.git -b ics-release
    repo sync
    ./builder.sh pascal2 img.

Things that has been made.
    -Gpu
    -Sensors.
    -Audio.
    -Custom releasedtools to build a package
    -Create a builder to create custom img. How to use??--->README
    I just tried this ROM, and I think it's much faster and smoother than stock based cube roms! I have a huge problem though.. I think google play downloads apps, but it doesn't let me open any downloaded apps. If I open an app, it just takes me to the app page in the google play. I THINK it's related to the LCD density that they changed? Everything's tiny. Some people like that, but it causes some problems. So I can't download a file manager (actually can't open it, along with anything I download), so I have to disable my volume buttons because they are broken and acting weird if I don't disable them. Also, I tried downloading all these free apps I need from computer and tried moving to the tablet, and they were moved successfully, BUT I realized..without a file manager, I can't install any apks..damn!

I don't know what to do??

EDIT: NVM after rebooted, every app I downloaded appeared!

BTW, any U9GT2 users who wants to try this rom, DO NOT use the CWM recovery posted in this thread. It bricked my tablet, then I recovered it luckly, and now everything's fine. Use the CWM posted on FlashMyAndroid forum in the recovery section of U9GT2 forum.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

OMFG.. Today is THE day I started to actually like my tablet...since like February??

Just changed the LCD density to 160 (original), and even the home screen is super smooth! Before, at density of 120, the home screen was kind of laggy, but all other system was smooth, but now everything is perfect! If you are an U9gt2 owner, and are somewhat frustrated with the ICS performance, DO TRY THIS, and do all the stuff that I stated above, including POST above! Oh and I changed to Apex Launcher btw.

Cheers!!
    New version released.30/06

Please post the logcat, dmesg in pastebin to evaluate the errors.