[Q] Incredibly slow wifi

Search This thread

RishiS

Jun 15, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm getting incredibly slow wifi after doing the kit Kat upgrade. I'm currently running the xKat latest from but have the same issue on other roms. I've tried everything from clearing cache to factory resets to fiddling around with wifi settings. My download speeds have dropped from like 40Mbps to 3Mbps. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Thanks!

sam2c

Feb 8, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm getting incredibly slow wifi after doing the kit Kat upgrade. I'm currently running the xKat latest from but have the same issue on other roms. I've tried everything from clearing cache to factory resets to fiddling around with wifi settings. My download speeds have dropped from like 40Mbps to 3Mbps. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Thanks!

Having Bluetooth enabled slows down WiFi considerably for me...maybe that's ur issue. Try disabling BT if its on

RishiS

Jun 15, 2014
So it actually became a lot worse. I was fiddling around with channel settings on my router and noticed that my speed was horrible on my laptop. I turned wifi off and on on the Galaxy Note and noticed that whenever the Galaxy Note is connected to the wifi network every device slows down to an awful 3.5Mbps. No one else experiencing anything like this?

JTH182

Dec 30, 2007
Mine isn't nearly as bad as what you're describing, but I'm definitely seeing some bad wifi performance. Lots of stuttering and uneven speeds. Also, with my Internet speeds and router, I should be getting a lot higher than what I am.

EDIT: my problem actually seems to be a router problem with having too many devices connected. I disconnected a few and rebooted, and now my Note gets 110 Mbps.

Last edited:

xebioso

Aug 18, 2014
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Used 2 have exact same problem with my old router pre N bought a new badass router with all the bells abd whistles and now everyrhing works fine. Well that is without having smb streaming dropping here and there.