[Q] Best Case for HD2

Search This thread

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
I need the HD2 to stay naked since I'm using a Brodit car craddle ; I also need my HD2 with me all the time, everywhere...

So I'm using only belt holsters.

I had to change my two years + old worn one, and I found this one to be the very best I ever had :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130830865040&ssPageName=ADME:L:eek:U:US:3160

Strong belt fitting (both closed loops and leather padded metal hook, but I actually slip the belt through all of them at the same time), the phone it held snug (but not too tight either) in a soft fabric padding and the magnet flap is very precise, and flexible enough to self close effortlessy.

Really 100% recommended for people looking for a holster.

It's actually a generic holster pouch for similar sized phones : you'll find exactly the same item, at the same price, for European HD2 (as mine), HD7, Galaxy S II, etc.

Of course, I'm pretty sure it's not real leather. It's "synthetic leather", whatever it means... Such as my car's seat, that actually shows the same kind of wearing after 10 years as my previous holster, but well... You also pay for what you get.

I did buy a real leather holster too as I was in a hurry and wanted to have a spare one, but the flap lacks flexibility and has to be closed by hand or it will stay open (the magnet lacks strength too). Maybe it will cure over time, but it's not the one I'm currently using. I'm so much pleased with the one I cited above at the moment that I don't feel like changing at all.

Maybe I'll write a review for the other one as well when I'm using it... ;)

Last edited:

Macarony

Mar 12, 2014
Listen my friend about zerolemon Leather Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case for my HD2. Anyone use it before ? Before by from amazon.com i want to discuss all. Anyone share with me it's good or bad side ?

Whatfull

Mar 16, 2014
Listen my friend about zerolemon Leather Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case for my HD2. Anyone use it before ? Before by from amazon.com i want to discuss all. Anyone share with me it's good or bad side ?

You can search your genuine lather from amazon.com just search zerolemon Leather Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case for HTC HD7 HD2. I think you can find your good pack here..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone tell me what the best case would be for my HD2, besides an otterbox?

I have the US version of the phone which is longer than the European..
    And I have searched everywhere, and I am pretty sure that I read that they stopped making otterboxes for these because everywhere is sold out (I can't even find any on Ebay or Amazon!).

I had my phone for a week and it fell out of my pocket onto my driveway and the screen cracked like a spider web.. So now I have to spend about $150 to get the screen replaced, and I am not willing to do so unless I can get a secure case for it..

Any suggestions?
    This should probably be in the 'HD2 Accessories' section, you'll get more info there I guess. I personally use the leather HTC pouch which came free with my phone, and it works extremely well! I've had the phone for a year and not a single scratch on it even though it's constantly in contact with my keys and stuff.
    Sorry, I didn't realize that there was a forum for HD2 accessories...

But those leather cases are more like pouches, right? As in, you still have to pull the phone out to use it, and its more of just a carrying case?

I am looking for something like an OtterBox, with maximum protection and is always on the phone
    Oh right, yeah they are but I personally don't find it much trouble. I think there may be one which is more like the otterbox one as well (by HTC) so try it, the leather gives a nice high quality feeling :)
    I have a otterbox defender for tmo US HD2 in like-new condition I rarely use & would be open to selling or trading for the right offer. i didn't realize how rare these are now... I've checked ebay several times over the last couple months trying to see what they sell for, but i haven't seen a single one up there!
    Id love to trade for a 64gb sandisk microsdxc if anyone would be willing... Id ofcourse put in something else or cash on top of the case to make it fair. any interest, pm me an offer.

I've come across them on ebay every once in awhile but your right, they can be very hard to find even on other websites as well. And then most of the times when you do find them its for the international model which i believe wont fit the US version. I've had some luck with other ebay countries that ship to the US but thats really hit and miss.

A new 64gb sandisk microsdxc will set you back around $95-$135 and a new otterbox would cost around $40-$50 and thats if you can even find it which would be difficult to say the less. I read some reviews of people who didn't like theirs but most seem quite happy with it. Considering that they are hard to find his offer isn't really to high priced especially considering he offered to add money towards the trade. About two months ago I seen a used one go for like $40 on ebay if i remember correctly but then again one sold for only $13 w/ free shipping a couple weeks ago. You can see that here. Worth way more then $13 though, who ever got a steal on that.

Considering our phone has Cornings Gorilla Glass I think there is really no need to go all out. Get a nice full body screen protector such as clear-coat found here and put it in a fairly nice...but not break your bank account nice case. Something around $10 should do. Clear-coat normally has sales/coupons going on so if you do go that route try to look one up. I've had mine in a cheap $5 case since i bought it just after they came out and have even dropped it a few times, luckily my phone still looks like its in mint condition.