[ROM][CM9-Kang] h0tsauce "9" 20120817 *reborn*

Search This thread

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
Same happened to me, try from computer. Works fine there.

Use dolphin browser on your phone.

This is pretty amazing thought. Surprisingly smooth needs a some symlinking for storage and a few tweaks or some market apps as alternatives for now. But really cool. This opens up a lot :-D after kernel sources we are ready for some sickness even before that thanks to the insecure custom kernel. But plenty more soon. Amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

slowpc

Sep 29, 2010
W.S -=- NC
Nice seeing some ASOP Stuff starting to show up for our notes.... Super duper happy for our dev future more and more!

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
thanks man; i couldn't get the torrent to work, and the media fire link is dead..

now, we need some themes, and the pink unicorn AOKP build, and this phone will be rocking!

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Hey guys is the S memo app in it? I know its supposed to be full aosp but it would be cool if cm kept the app that makes the note what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Iphony89

Apr 25, 2012
Hey guys is the S memo app in it? I know its supposed to be full aosp but it would be cool if cm kept the app that makes the note what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

nope not included, try searching the forums for the new S-note apk that's been floating around...way better than S-memo also

tyler79durdan

Sep 28, 2011
1:1.61803
First thing I noticed in the preview pics is Rom Manager??? Do we have RM support now? Sorry if im late to the party again, seems that way lately with the nice weather and all.

Probably just bundled because of a port/build for another device?

Reactions: Rocket42

stkman32

May 1, 2010
Lakewood, OH
Does "H" mean 4g service...I have had cyanogen before on multiple devices but never noticed that it didn't display the 4g symbol??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h0tsauce "9"
    Latest release: 9.20120817
    CyanogenMod 9 + custom kernel + extras + latest fixes

This is a Kang of latest CyanogenMod 9 repo, 100% built from source, with patches applied, and a custom kernel. Patches I include are typically un-merged submissions or features that have been rejected from CM, AOSP and Codeaurora.

The builds I post are my "daily driver". I only post updates when source code changes are beneficial to our platform, add functionality, or fix usability bugs.

Sources

h0tw1r3 Github
    Cyanogenmod Github

Changes

Refer to TXT files of related build

Installation

I personally recommend using Team Win Recovery Project instead of Clockwork Recovery Mod for installing ROM's. It integrates very well with Goo Manager.

1. Download latest release from goo.im or use Goo Manager.
    2. Reboot into recovery (TWRP preferred.)
    3. Format Cache & Clear Dalvik.
    4. Flash zip downloaded in step #1. If you're NOT coming from a CM9 based rom or upgrading, you must "Factory Reset" (format data and cache partitions 3x).
    6. Install Google Apps downloaded in step #1.
    7. Format Cache & Wipe Dalvik, yes... again.
    8. Reboot

If things seem to be weird, repeat the steps again.

Problems / Support

I do not provide support through this forum, only release announcements. I am happy to investigate issues but they must be submitted to the github project.
    If you are using this, building this, or whatever, please try to help out and contribute back to the project if you fix something. I've put a LOT of work into getting this going, and so have the other guys on the 8660 team. It's not even merged to CM mainline yet, and we are keeping the repositories open for now. There are still issues but I expect to have most things resolved in the next week or so.

The build in the OP is not indicative of the current state of development, a ton of work is not even committed yet.
    Just an FYI for everyone reporting issues and asking for solutions.
    This is a great big step for our device, but keep in mind this is based off of code for another device with binaries and drivers etc for our device compiled in.
    It is also the very first release, and a damned good one at that.
    You should have seen some official releases of CM7 for other devices in their early stages, much less polished than this.
    So before you start pulling your hair out about why this is flakey or why that isn't working properly and asking for fixes and solutions, remember this little guy is less than a day old and unofficial.
    Understand that this is going to have quirks and bugs and probably not any fixes for most issues today.
    Much respect to h0tw1r3 for sharing this and we all look forward to more good stuff.

thanks and enjoy the ride!
    Uploading release 8 to goo.im now (65%....) Current CM9 ICS branch, UCLF5 (latest leak) kernel & proprietary binaries, and a ton of patches from AOSP, CM9 and CAF. Will update the OP later with patch notes, time for bed.
    Uhhhh, okay... I'll bite: Why is it discontinued? GPL issues?

Recent posts from a senior moderator have prompted me to take a serious look at my responsibility and liability for publicly distributing software based on the GPLv2.

Therefore I have placed discontinuation notices on my development threads and will no longer be providing software releases (binary blobs).

This does not mean I am leaving the development community. I will continue to support other developers on XDA, stay active with my kernel fork on github, and spend more time on collaborating with the cyanogenmod development team.