ROOT for R5A [really works]

Search This thread

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
yeah...i worked on this after my phone was rooted and i changes some permissions by hand etc...the busybox binary was chmodded to late...but i cannot see much on the small screenshot, tell me if there are other problems, attached v3

I would like to suggest that you edit your OP and put links to your files like root-r5a-v3.zip there and update the links when you create new versions.

plerzelwupp

Oct 3, 2010
Mannheim
I tried to make a *,bat file.
It runs so far until to the cd-command in the adb shell.
:confused:
I thaught about something like this:
adb shell "cd /data/local/tmp"

Last edited:

smokey_joe

Jun 5, 2011
Aachen
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I would like to suggest that you edit your OP and put links to your files like root-r5a-v3.zip there and update the links when you create new versions.

Thanks for the suggestion, i've done it.

i've uploaded a new version v4 (which contains a new script doit.sh) which you can execute on the host pc, so the rest is done automatically, perhaps you can look at that and create a pendand batch file.....
it also contains a new binary run_root_sh_script, because it was not possible to automate the whole thing before, because the script automatically stopped when the run_root_shell binary was executed.

smokey_joe

Jun 5, 2011
Aachen
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
wow thx for that.got root now
one more question now
if i use the aio tool to create custom rom su file isnt found
any idea?
how can i update to 6b for example now?

hmmm i think you have to explain that to the AiO People, as far as i know there the device is rooted and the su binary should be found...it's in /system/xbin/su...thats where it is by default on android, as far as i know...and since you say you have root, i think it works with the other stuff

pa.pn2

hmmm i think you have to explain that to the AiO People, as far as i know there the device is rooted and the su binary should be found...it's in /system/xbin/su...thats where it is by default on android, as far as i know...and since you say you have root, i think it works with the other stuff
thats odd.i tried to make a custom firmware with that tool but got this error message.lol
has anyone in this thread used the AiO successfull after rooting with this method?

boxkillor

Apr 3, 2011
after using the root.sh from v3, which puts me out this in the CMD: "Attempt perf_swevent exploit... writing address is 8e09"
i finally get a "#"
But now, continuing the procedure list on page 1 , im stuck "at point 7":
# / Data / local / tmp / busybox mount-o rw, remount / system
even though i know, there are mistakes in the syntax. So i corrected it to this:
"# /data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o rw, remount /system"
and all i get is: "mount: cannot read etc/fstab: No such file or directory.

yes, sadly im a windows user ..... any advice? would be great, thanks in advance.
greets

smokey_joe

Jun 5, 2011
Aachen
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
after using the root.sh from v3, which puts me out this in the CMD: "Attempt perf_swevent exploit... writing address is 8e09"
i finally get a "#"
But now, continuing the procedure list on page 1 , im stuck "at point 7":
# / Data / local / tmp / busybox mount-o rw, remount / system
even though i know, there are mistakes in the syntax. So i corrected it to this:
"# /data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o rw, remount /system"
and all i get is: "mount: cannot read etc/fstab: No such file or directory.

you can just execute ./root.sh like it's described in the README file, which is accesible for all users on all systems ;) this should copy all the stuff to the system and do a reboot for you....the error in your syntax is btw, that theres a whitepspace after the , before remount, the line should be
Code:
/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o rw,remount /system

Reactions: boxkillor

smokey_joe

Jun 5, 2011
Aachen
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
thats odd.i tried to make a custom firmware with that tool but got this error message.lol
has anyone in this thread used the AiO successfull after rooting with this method?

as far as i know the device has two system partitions, one thats booted normally and a backup partition that is booted when the first does not boot. Perhaps AiO checks both partitions for the root stuff.
I'm gonna have a look at it when i find the time.
Perhaps you can fix your error with re-rooting it with AiO once (if thats possible) i think their root method will root booth partitions, if there is a check for it in there.

boxkillor

Apr 3, 2011
wow, thanks bro` :D it worked, but now i get:
"mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system falied: Invalid argument"

but wait, i followed your readme, and executed root.sh. But my tab didnt restart, it just gave me this
"Attempt perf_swevent exploit... writing address is 8e09"

and my "$" turned to "#" (which i can only guess - that it means i have root rights)

thank you :)

EDIT:

Wow lol .... im so bad in this: okay now i just typed in "./root.sh"

and bam it asked me to reboot. Guess it worked :D thanks mate ;)

Last edited:

smokey_joe

Jun 5, 2011
Aachen
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
but wait, i followed your readme, and executed root.sh. But my tab didnt restart, it just gave me this
"Attempt perf_swevent exploit... writing address is 8e09"

i think you might have wrong package...try (re)download root v3...?
that shouldn't happen, the output you post is from the run_root_shell command which is not called by this script...

Reactions: boxkillor

boxkillor

Apr 3, 2011
it works, i edited my post.
all i needed was to type in "./root.sh"
after it told me the exploit-thingy.

Then it friendly asked me to root my by sony abadoned tab. -> Nice shiny SU logo on my first screen. Root explorer works :)

Thank you for your help :)

rickglyn

Oct 19, 2012
Wow!! Got it. Thanks so much for this. I used version 3 zip and just followed the readme. The hardest part was getting the adb connection working and reminding myself of the adb commands. Just checked using Root Explorer and was able to set /system to rw! Thanks again. Now what to do next...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

KnightOdin

Dec 7, 2010
Bogotá
Wow!! Got it. Thanks so much for this. I used version 3 zip and just followed the readme. The hardest part was getting the adb connection working and reminding myself of the adb commands. Just checked using Root Explorer and was able to set /system to rw! Thanks again. Now what to do next...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

Can yo explain with details the "hardest part" please?

Thanks

DudemeisterAT

Apr 8, 2012
Wasn't ICS R5A the release where sony disabled adb shell? Trying to imagine how that works (have R5A with replaced hidden.img here)

smokey_joe

Jun 5, 2011
Aachen
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Wasn't ICS R5A the release where sony disabled adb shell? Trying to imagine how that works (have R5A with replaced hidden.img here)

no they never disabled adb..
they just fixed their kernel which made it impossible for the last root-method to exploit the kernel and i think they maybe fixed some bugs with importing settings via adb.
but as far as i know there also where some bootloader changes which made it impossible to flash custom zip files.

DudemeisterAT

Apr 8, 2012
Thank you for the quick reply, seems i got this mixed up. Glad to hear that root is now possibly on R5A, this will be my last resort on my problem with "stuck on every second reboot" (flashing OTA and hoping it fixes it, after it rooting with the new method). But that will only be if everything else fails. :)

tcpma

Nov 16, 2008
Milano
Is this method only for user that rooted before R5A and then update to R5A or for everybody (never rooted)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this should really be linked here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320283
    Just done it, after loosing root while accidentally updating to r5a i can confirm i gained root again with that!
    I guess thats kind of cool and should be implemented in the all in one rooting stuff and everything

Here you can find a little zipfile with all the needed Files and a README which describes How-To do it:
    https://d1sturbed.org/android/root-r5a-v3.zip
    there is also a v4, which contains a new binary and a new script...on Linux you now can just unzip the v4 and then execute doit.sh (perhaps someone can pass me a doit.bat or something, i guess it could run as a batch file for windows, but since i'm to sleepy and lazy to reboot into windows it's untestet. but you can try by removing the first line and rename to .bat)
    https://d1sturbed.org/android/root-r5a-v4.zip
    Its fine. Will give it a try soon

Edit 1: is this only for linux?

no, it does not include adb or anything.
    You need working adb for you OS and the zip file.
    I just extracted the needed stuff from the linked projects (Superuser and busybox), added a little shell script that copies the apk and the binaries..
    and while writing this post i've seen that i didn't install the busybox binary at all...so i fixed this with v2, added with this post... i also updated the README as i forgot to mention that run_root_shell and root.sh have to get executable bit
    tried both v1 and v2. neither work.

yeah...i worked on this after my phone was rooted and i changes some permissions by hand etc...the busybox binary was chmodded to late...but i cannot see much on the small screenshot, tell me if there are other problems, attached v3
    i've made a small archive with a little README and a root.sh script, so you can just push everything from the archive to /data/local/tmp/ and execute root.sh

hope that's okay, if not tell me and i delete!

[removed old file, added new one with another post]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42485765

Thanks for the suggestion, i've done it.

i've uploaded a new version v4 (which contains a new script doit.sh) which you can execute on the host pc, so the rest is done automatically, perhaps you can look at that and create a pendand batch file.....
    it also contains a new binary run_root_sh_script, because it was not possible to automate the whole thing before, because the script automatically stopped when the run_root_shell binary was executed.