Screen Protector

Search This thread

iamfroda

Sep 18, 2009
Not sure if anyone really cares, but Ghost Armor has an Imagio protector available now. It isn't listed on their website, so if you want Ghost Armor now just email customer service. I just canceled my Zagg order.

smit0691

Jul 15, 2008
Zagg vs Chost Armor

Aren't Zagg and Ghost Armor pretty much the same? I have Ghost Armor on my TP2 (very satisfied) and since I could only find a Zagg protector for my wife's new Imagio, I was going to order that. Both claim the same things (scratch-resistant, better grip, same material they put on helicopter rotors, blah, blah), so I have to believe they are made from basically the same material.

Anyway, I'll continue with the order for the Zagg for the wife's phone and post any differences I find.

iamfroda

Sep 18, 2009
I had the Zagg protector for my girlfriends phone and Ghost Armor for my TP2, they are very very similar. What I liked more about the Ghost Armor was that it had a glassy-er smooth looking surface to it and wasn't as gummy as the Zagg.

Also, Ghost Armor is doing a limited time whole body for the price of just the screen cover deal.

dbigdawg

Sep 3, 2007
Mill Creek
Body Gaurdz or Ghost-Armor

I gave used zagg and they are too gummy and have a weird orange peel. these two are more glossy and fit great. I got two Imagio full body Gaurdz for the price of one and couldn't be happier. ghost Armor on my touch, touch pro and instinct all worked great but wasn't available when I got my Imagio.

Razorfold

Nov 13, 2008
just got my boxwave crystal clear, and all I can say is wow.

This beats any of the crappy screen protectors ghost armor and zagg make.

It's easy to put on, smooth to the touch, and feels sturdy.

fwaits

Jan 25, 2008
just got my boxwave crystal clear, and all I can say is wow.

This beats any of the crappy screen protectors ghost armor and zagg make.

It's easy to put on, smooth to the touch, and feels sturdy.

+1 for Boxwave, have used them before on my Vogue (XV6900) and now on the Imagio. Great screen protector that's durable, glides well, and has extremely good clarity.

fwaits

Jan 25, 2008
Do most of these screen protectors require a wet soapy installation?

I used soap to clean mine then rinsed it and shook off the majority of the water then applied carefully while using the little applicator (can use a credit card and such) to apply it and squeeze out the little bubbles/water. If you are really careful and in a good environment where there is little dust/particles in the air you can install it out of the wrapper, but I ended up getting some particles in mine so I washed it and re-applied.

Duffas

Jul 25, 2009
Current Ghost Armor Special

Also just for your info guys Ghost Armor is running a special currently on there Imagio protectors. If you order the front screen protector you also receive the full body protector with your shipment. I verified this with them as of yesterday the 19th and order it. Will post if i don't receive. The total price was $19.94 which includes shipping.

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
What is so different? I have a Body Guardz style full body protection which seems crystal clear. But I'm always open to other options. I really want to take good care of this phone, and I know the "military" style protectors do offer great scratch protection. I am in outside sales so I am always getting in and out of cares. Setting phones down on desks, counters, work spaces, car seats etc.

i have a rubber sleeve which makes the phone slightly bulkier, and als ordered a rubberized plastic case just to compare.