Thanks Meter: 451

By Phromik, Senior Member on 28th January 2009, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2010, 06:26 AM |#4601  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieber

Can someone help me find a black status bar for my Magic/CM5.0.8 that isn't so ugly?

What's that "classes" widget?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
9th August 2010, 06:33 AM |#4602  
Flag Jackson, MS
Thanks Meter: 0

More
9th August 2010, 07:17 AM |#4603  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renster721

What's that "classes" widget?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

GTasks (From the market). It syncs with Google Tasks.
9th August 2010, 08:37 AM |#4604  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jUbib

Here is a version of the yr.no weather app. I made with a transparent background, should be signed just fine:
http://db.tt/8569wL

Does anyone know how to change the text color of the widget text by modding the .apk? I would go through fire for a version of this weather app. with black text - already tried a hex-editor but, alas, so far without luck/skill.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

I dont understand why you dont just use snowstorm??

transparent bg, and change font colors built right in.
9th August 2010, 09:23 AM |#4605  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsville MITM

next week... folks r just gonna walk around with a wallpaper... no icons no status bar... no launcher dock

This post makes me really curious
9th August 2010, 09:57 AM |#4606  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757

So at first, I went looking for some sort of .apk-tool called Snowstorm; then I thought it might be some custom made theme I was unaware of. When all light was fading away, I google'd it and realized Snowstorm was just a regular free widget/app on the market - so I lol'd :]

Just gave it a try, and voila! That is one great weather-app, standard skin like yr.no, and lot of skin/modification options. To answer your question in short: I was unaware of the very existence of this. Thank you for pointing me in its direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauli

Look into apktool. It lets one decode/build apks, making it easy to make mods in between.

I tried with the apk you uploaded, but it won't work cleanly on ones that have been themed or modded by simply replacing files. However if you start with an unmodded one you should be able to decode, make the transparency & text colour changes, rebuild, sign & install. I'm new to this too, but I think that to change the colour it should be enough to replace one of the values in <decoded apk>/res/values/colors.xml. If you find a solution do post what worked for you.

Thank you for the effort - in this specific case I have now settled with Snowstorm - but it is really nice to know for future modding.

@rycheme: However much I liked my own little modded version of yr.no, I think you would find Snowstorm widget useful as well :]

Here's how I put it to use:
9th August 2010, 11:05 AM |#4607  
Flag ITALY
Thanks Meter: 216

More
9th August 2010, 11:18 AM |#4608  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757

I think Snowstorm (like most of these weather widgets) depending on the widget size or look doesn't give you current weather, just 5am - 11am and 11am - 8pm or something like that. Just give me the current weather and for the next few days give me the high and low.
9th August 2010, 01:01 PM |#4609  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsville MITM

next week... folks r just gonna walk around with a wallpaper... no icons no status bar... no launcher dock

Less is more.
9th August 2010, 01:05 PM |#4610  
Flag Sappemeer
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jUbib

@rycheme: However much I liked my own little modded version of yr.no, I think you would find Snowstorm widget useful as well :]

Here's how I put it to use:

How did you get rid of the date that normally is shown in the upper-right corner of SnowStorm 2x1 widget?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
art, artistic screens shots, best thread ever!!!, display screen, hardcore, homescreen, i should be studying, icons, jjd, jjj is watching, screenshot, sex and drugs, the largest thread, themes, visualizer, wallpaper, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)