FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Backup & Restore EFS (IMEI) for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 / S4 GT-I9500

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By lskwl, Junior Member on 29th April 2013, 08:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2013, 08:49 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Backup EFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayfon

its very easy, u can unrar with winrar... go to "efs_backup_restore_windows_scripts_v3" folder and click on "efs_backup.cmd" , on your phone will ask to superuser grant thats all.

I downloaded a program called "7 Zip" and extracted the script. This is probably a stupid question but where do you run the script? Tried the CMD prompt and the script will run but it does not do anything to the phone. It just runs on the PC and returns an error "file not found". I did have the phone connected in download mode but nothing happened.

Oh, I just read that you have to give root permission to ADB. Apparently you have to run the script in ADB?

Where do I get ADB and how do I run the script in it? Step by step instructions would be much appreciated.

2nd July 2013, 10:08 PM |#22  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLASSICH

I downloaded a program called "7 Zip" and extracted the script. This is probably a stupid question but where do you run the script? Tried the CMD prompt and the script will run but it does not do anything to the phone. It just runs on the PC and returns an error "file not found". I did have the phone connected in download mode but nothing happened.

Oh, I just read that you have to give root permission to ADB. Apparently you have to run the script in ADB?

Where do I get ADB and how do I run the script in it? Step by step instructions would be much appreciated.

you dont need download mode, connect usb to your phone and run the script , there will open cmd command prompt and than on your phone will come popup of root permission on your phone give easy grant after 10 second backup ready in the folder from script. sorry for english.
3rd July 2013, 01:35 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
EFS Backup
The script appears to work on the Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 (ATT).

It put a file called efs.img into the same directory as the backup.cmd file. That is fine.

I am comfused about where it put it on my phone. I performed a search for efs.img and found it in two places. Is that correct.?

I found it at /data/media/efs.img and also /mnt/sdcard/efs.img. The time stamp corresponds to the date and time that I did the procedure.

Is it working as intended or is something amiss?

Thanks a bunch!
3rd July 2013, 04:30 AM |#24  
Flag batangas
Thanks Meter: 120

More
thank you for this ive managed to back-up my efs to my computer..Working on PACMAN n7100 running latest nightly ..now i have 2 back ups..one in my phone and in my pc..thanks
21st July 2013, 01:20 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well ,the backup cmd,
didn't copy the file on the working folder on the pc,
so i found it in the sdcard folder of the smartphone (which is the built in storage on samsung devices),
and copied it my self .

The file is 20 megabytes.

Probably some access rights issue..
21st July 2013, 03:51 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm trying to do a restore using the script, but keep getting the same error message:

Press CTRL+C to cancel

'CHOICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

--- Push efs image "efs.img" to phone "/sdcard/efs.img" ---
The system cannot find the path specified.

--- Restore efs image "efs.img" from phone "/sdcard/efs.img" ---
The system cannot find the path specified.

--- TRY KILLING ADB DAEMON / EVENTUALLY SHOWN ERRORS BELOW CAN BE IGNORED
ERROR: The process "adb.exe" not found.

--- RESTORE SCRIPT IS FINISHED

Your EFS partition is restored from "/sdcard/efs.img"

For any feedback or when having problems feel free to contact me at XDA.
Please include also your phone model and Windows version if you have problems.

Website: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41152827
Press any key to continue . . .

This is driving me up the wall at this stage.
26th July 2013, 12:25 PM |#27  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 403

More
Is it possible to backup the EFS from an old Samsung Galaxy S2, and restore it on a new phone like the Note2 or Note3?
So we could have a spare EFS backup in case there's a problem with a new phone...

My guess is that the EFS files have an identical structure on all Androids and don't change with different models/manufacturers.
6th August 2013, 07:29 PM |#28  
Flag Sines
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hello,

I have a tar.gz file with my EFS backup and not a .bin one.
Can I use this script to make the restore or what is the best method to restore my IMEI in my International GT-N7100?

Thanks in advanced
20th August 2013, 09:26 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Hi friends....

Im really confused here.... I downloaded the zip file (340kb) and have it on my desktop... When I use WinZip to extract the files, it gives me an error... However when I double click on the file, WinZip Window opens and shows me 5 files in it ; Adb.exe , AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, efs_backup.cmd and efs_restore.cmd.

Plz advise...

Thanks in advance
21st August 2013, 01:18 AM |#30  
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Hi friends....

Im really confused here.... I downloaded the zip file (340kb) and have it on my desktop... When I use WinZip to extract the files, it gives me an error... However when I double click on the file, WinZip Window opens and shows me 5 files in it ; Adb.exe , AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, efs_backup.cmd and efs_restore.cmd.

Plz advise...

Thanks in advance

Now that you have your efs backed up since my tip to use winrar to extract worked, could you leave other users any tips that would help while doing this process.
21st August 2013, 09:20 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw86

Now that you have your efs backed up since my tip to use winrar to extract worked, could you leave other users any tips that would help while doing this process.

Sure mate.... :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
The Following User Says Thank You to HassanM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HassanM Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs imei backup recovery restore windows script, galaxy s4 gt-i9500, gt-n7100 galaxy note 2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)