Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Sorry I dont know if this is the right place or the right question , but I have a problem with my phone , I flashed the wrong boot.img and now stuck with bootloop and un responsive phone , I cant reflash it with custom cuz its not detected by adb when connected , more details on a thread I posted HERE
Which method did you use to unlock bootloader? or maybe, you tried without unlocking it?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I have a TCL 30 LE that is stuck in a boot loop, but it is still accessible in BROM mode so I would like to try to just flash it with the stock firmware to see I can get it to work properly and I am just posting because there isn't any resources on XDA that relate to this specific phone. All I currently know is that it might be possible to reflash the phone to get it working properly, but I haven't been able to find a source to download the stock firmware or the best method to reflash if it I ever find the firmware.

There is just too much erroneous information when searching so hopefully someone with a bit more experience might have something to share.
Without knowing the reason why your device is in this current state, typically, you can base your searching in the SoC, if it is a MediaTek, then you can use SPFT, also mtk client, to can revive your device, this thread would be of use, for you https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-how-t...d-flash-in-edl-with-no-auth-for-free.4229683/ consider that all here, can be applied, onto your device, using the proprietary files.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I turn on demo mode on my tecno spark 20 pro plus by this code #*#*336674663#*#* and my sim are off i tried to it turn off in developer mode but it doesn't work on lockscreen it shows demo mode I don't know how to turn it off
Did you try to revert it, using the same codes?, and more, if you find some OTA update, you can try to flash it using the recovery, or you may find the option to update the device, through the system menu, or, even, a more drastic action, you could format data, if no care to lose it.

Omar_62

Can anyone provide the Android 4.1 update iso for the LY-F1 chinese tablet? It has been known to be rebranded many times and the website it was on is no longer operational. All other links have been taken down and only 4.0 is available. CM10 needs compat zips that don't work at all. If anyone can help, it would be great :)

comm-ents

Apr 21, 2011
Without knowing the reason why your device is in this current state, typically, you can base your searching in the SoC, if it is a MediaTek, then you can use SPFT, also mtk client, to can revive your device, this thread would be of use, for you https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-how-t...d-flash-in-edl-with-no-auth-for-free.4229683/ consider that all here, can be applied, onto your device, using the proprietary files.
It is a mediatek phone and have everything I need except the stock firmware so if anyone might have a resource that I would be able to download it, please let me know. I don't think that even TCL has any place where someone could download firmware for anything but their TV's. Unfortunately TCL doesn't seem to have any failsafe mechanisms for a lot of their products so what should just be a simple recovery, might actually be impossible.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
It is a mediatek phone and have everything I need except the stock firmware so if anyone might have a resource that I would be able to download it, please let me know. I don't think that even TCL has any place where someone could download firmware for anything but their TV's. Unfortunately TCL doesn't seem to have any failsafe mechanisms for a lot of their products so what should just be a simple recovery, might actually be impossible.
TCL is a rebranded from Alcatel, it did use to provide the firmware, to download directly to their device, through its proprietary tool, actually they provide TCL Mobile Upgrade, consider that more brands don´t provide a tool to unbrick its devices, but intended to solve some minor issues, and for upgrades.

See if you can download the firmware, using the tool, and "spy" on where they store it, onto your PC, then probably you can use it through other tools like SPFT, and/or mtk client.

Also, check this tool, if it can apply for your device model https://xdaforums.com/t/flash-tcl-firmware-tpst-tool-includ

craggysaurus

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8. I went back to stock ROM and everything was working fine except there wasn't any network reception. I wanted to try a custom ROM again but the bootloader is locked again. Then a requirement to unlock bootloader is to use mobile data which as I've mentioned just doesn't work and is the problem I have.

What can I do now?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I am running crDroid A13 connected via vodafone. When I type the short number for the Govt Post (AUSPOST) itr comes up with some other business name, which does not appear to have any reference to the postoffpce number.

Where does it get the lookup between the umber and the name?

When I spoke to them, the guy tested on an iPhone, and it came up with the correct number.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
TCL is a rebranded from Alcatel, it did use to provide the firmware, to download directly to their device, through its proprietary tool, actually they provide TCL Mobile Upgrade, consider that more brands don´t provide a tool to unbrick its devices, but intended to solve some minor issues, and for upgrades.

See if you can download the firmware, using the tool, and "spy" on where they store it, onto your PC, then probably you can use it through other tools like SPFT, and/or mtk client.

Also, check this tool, if it can apply for your device model https://xdaforums.com/t/flash-tcl-firmware-tpst-tool-includ
Also rebranded RCA.

• Redmi Note 8. I went back to stock ROM and everything was working fine except there wasn't any network reception. I wanted to try a custom ROM again but the bootloader is locked again. Then a requirement to unlock bootloader is to use mobile data which as I've mentioned just doesn't work and is the problem I have.

What can I do now?
  1. Do calls and messaging work/ is your sim card detected? Such network issues occur due to flashing incorrect Redmi note 8 firmware, corrupting the efs directory of your phone. Make sure the firmware matches the model number/regional variant of your device.
  2. Was your phone locked to a carrier previously? That would warrant additional troubleshooting..

Top Liked Posts