[KERNEL] [JB] [WIP] oxydo@jb | Based on nAa-JB kernel with some added features!

Search This thread

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
@CnC
Yes of course you're a part of the team. You're the lead graphics guy.
@SDP (please don't mind if I call you that)
Alf's has the same kernel for GB. Check his thread.

@CnC
Yes of course you're a part of the team. You're the lead graphics guy.
@SDP (please don't mind if I call you that)
Alf's has the same kernel for GB. Check his thread.

sgt : Okay that's my nickname :D

oh okay I'll find, but if you want to make OXYDO for GB I would definitely wear it, it's just a suggestion brother,, :D

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
Okay guys. Those of you who are interested in helping with development of kernel (need it, honestly) and maybe even a ROM in the future, join this group: Oxydo team. Let's be honest, it's a bit bland now (the group) and I need help in making an active one. Oh, and everyone's welcome.
As soon as we have 5 members, I will start a discussion. And in future releases, title will be changed to Team Oxydo Kernel or something like that.
Hurry up guys. :D
sgt. meow

Last edited:

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
@CnC
I was out of ideas. Then I saw my Mom's spectacles-box lying on the shelf. And boom! Inspiration hit me.
@all
Just so you know, joining a group doesn't affect your postcount (or thanks meter for that matter). So join the group, we need you.

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
Sorry guys, I had to take down V2, because some things weren't working. A new version will be uploaded shortly. Please bear with me and again I'm sorry.

DanielFran

Aug 6, 2009
Hi sgt. meow,

This kernel is based on nAa kernel, so maybe you can create kernel for X10 Mini and X10 MiniPro?

Thanks

Reactions: pongnamu

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
A new version has been uploaded. Enjoy guys. Beware though, CnC said his sdcard acted up. However I chalked it out as random. But to be on the safer side, make sure you have a backup of your sdcard.
Cheers
sgt. meow

Reactions: TAJ_Rocks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes guys, you read the title right.

Presenting oxydo@jb.

Now you have a kernel with touch recovery for JB. Yeah, JB!!! It is compiled from nAa's JB kernel sources and TWRP is compiled from source, too, but not by me. Performance is almost like that of nAa's JB kernel. Maybe even better.

FEATURES
    - Everything from nAa's JB kernel
    - Custom MTD partitions as in nAa-JB kernels
    - Built with Linaro toolchain
    - CWM-based recovery 5.5.0.4 because the touch version just HAD to mess up.
    - TWRP! Check this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1985993
    - A new I/O scheduler - Deadline - that's as fast as hell especially after the tweaks from Daveee10's commits. Seriously I tried this on my phone. Super fast. :eek:
    - SIO and V(R) schedulers.
    - smartassH3 governor that nearly eliminates the wake up bug on JB ROMs.
    - SLQB slab allocator
    - H/W video decoding.
    - Dual-booting JB ROMs. fehereneoh's post in the 34th covers that.
    That's it for now.

REQUIREMENTS:
    - Rooted XPERIA X8 with unlocked bootloader
    - A lot of courage
    - The ability to follow instructions (which I'm pretty sure everyone around here possesses =))
    - An sdcard backup is recommended, too.

INSTRUCTIONS
    - Make sure you have a copy of the stock kernel and ROM in case anything goes wrong (I'm pretty sure it won't)
    - Backup using CWM
    - And don't forget to format /system, /cache and /data before flashing. Otherwise the kernel won't boot.
    - Download the kernel and put in the firmwares folder of Flashtool
    - Follow the instructions provided by Flashtool
    - Reboot and press back button several times and if you see the TOUCH RECOVERY you have succeeded in your quest

SCREENSHOTS
    Kernel info:**
    Screenshot_2013-01-01-14-08-04.png

SetCPU screenshot (check the scheduler bit):**
    Screenshot_2013-01-01-14-09-03.png

I/O Scheduler Deadline in use:**
    Screenshot_2013-01-01-14-08-27.png

Best AnTuTu score with CPU@787MHz on smartassv2 and Deadline I/O scheduler. Stock 2GB sdcard was used. I swear to God no tweaks were used:**
    Screenshot_2013-01-01-18-04-12.png

Since I forgot to take a screenshot of the "Detailed scores", I'm uploading the score record XML file as well (mostly for skeptics). It hasn't been tampered with. What you believe is up to you, though:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xegzeia4srs4236/2013-01-01 18_04_01.xml

BUGS
    - Rebooting to recovery from ROM works but if you reboot to system from CWM it keeps booting to CWM. Wipe cache to solve this.
    - SDCARD gets formatted sometimes. This bug has been confirmed removed by testers. But you should always be on the safer side and have a backup.

DOWNLOADS AND SOURCES
    Downloads: http://d-h.st/qGM V8: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38189560&postcount=511 Thank CnCprior to downloading, as it wouldn't have been possible without his efforts. Much appreciated bruv.
    Kernel source: https://github.com/souljaboy11792/oxydo-kernel-jb
    Use the master branch and as EET has advised, use this instead of zipballs or tarballs:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/souljaboy11792/oxydo-kernel-jb.git
    Ramdisk is present in the source (after extraction of course) as kernel.sin-ramdisk. Copy it some place else if you want to pack it.
    Tha above basically means I am fully compliant with GPL. Thanks go to nAa, pilu1978, CtrlAltDelIrl, EET and all the others who warned me.

CREDITS:
    - nobodyAtall for kernel source
    - alfsamsung for touch recovery
    - djnilse for helping alfsamsung
    - feherneoh for being a great friend and helping with nBoot which still doesn't work, and for creating oBoot which does work!
    - pilu1978 for helping me
    - Daveee10 for helping out with governors and schedulers
    - CnC-ROCK for bootlogo and soon, bootanim :eek:
    - viper001 for instructions
    - mayurcools for ideas for solutions to bugs
    - DooMLorD for the unpacking tool
    - Dev-Host for being the wonderful file-hosters they are (suck on that Mediafire)
    - androidnerd2 for providing the commands that determine what touch screen you have
    - Cyanogenmod team for......you know what....if you don't, then GTFO. just kidding
    - TAJ_Rocks - For some suggestions
    - Sony Ericsson for the phone
    - My family for supporting me =)
    - The whole of Team Oxydo for being the awesome guys that they are ;)
    - Allah Almighty (yes I'm a proud Muslim)

TO BOOT INTO TWRP, TOUCH THE SCREEN WHILE THE LOGO IS BEING DISPLAYED.
    TO ENTER CWM RECOVERY, KEEP PRESSING BACK BUTTON WHILE LOGO IS BEING DISPLAYED.
    ENJOY!

NEITHER ME NOR ANYONE RELATED TO THIS KERNEL CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE BY FLASHING THIS. PLEASE HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR SDCARD BEFORE FLASHING AS THIS MAY FORMAT IT. THIS BUG HAS BEEN REMOVED AS CONFIRMED BY TESTERS, BUT HAVE A BACKUP BEFOREHAND TO BE SAFE.

NOTE: I still consider it a WIP. Therefore bugs may exist. However they shouldn't cause much damage. And bug reports are always welcome. You can use this kernel. If you like it, just press the "Thanks" button. Don't spam, please.

**If you're wondering how I got my phone's UI to look that nice (it is nice, isn't it?), just set LCD density to 120. Text is a little small but I can read it without glasses, so it's all good.
    CHANGELOG

-30-10-12
    * Initial release
    * CWM touch recovery from Alfs' kernel

-8-12-12
    *TWRP
    *Both versions of CWM touch recovery integrated into one ramdisk
    *FPS-uncap (maybe?)

-15-12-12
    *Removed CWM touch
    *Included CWM 5.5.0.4

-18-12-12
    *Forget 5.5.0.4. CWM touch 5.0.2.8 is back in two different kernels.
    *MD5 mismatch is still un-fixed. Official error (I guess).

-1-1-13
    *New Year's Release (not really, built it quite some time ago).
    *Added Deadline I/O scheduler (not quite sure why nAa-jb doesn't have this; it is blazing fast).
    *Better TWRP UI (thanks to CnC for providing the awesome buttons and the sliders).

-7-1-13
    *Added SIO and V(R) schedulers.
    *Tweaked Deadline a bit from Daveee10's commits. Super cool now.
    *Added smartassH3 governor.

-12-1-13
    *Used SLQB slab allocator instead of the default SLAB.
    *Applied the PMEM commits from nAa-jb-03. H/W video decoding works perfectly now.
    *Edited the bootrec to make sure two recoveries aren't booted at once. Sdcard bug gone for now.
    *CWM backups work. You just have to mount /system and /data. Don't pull out the battery when it's backing up. It's actually in progress, although the progress bar is so thin, you won't be able to determine whether it's actually working or not.
    *New TWRP theme. Credits: thecoby for the original theme and an0nym0us_ for resizing it to MDPI.
    *Fixed the I/O schedulers bug. Credits: Daveee10.

DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR NEXT RELEASE(S)

- New bootanimation (similar to Nexus ones)
    - Powerboost and some other newer ondemand governor features. Also thanks to Daveee10.
    THIS WORKS WITH ALL JB ROMs THAT ARE BASED ON THE MINICM10 ROMs (Nightly or stable version doesn't really matter here)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A JB ROM BACKUP THAT YOU CAN RESTORE. OTHERWISE YOU'LL FACE THE assert getprop ..... ERROR.
    AFTER RESTORATION, YOU CAN INSTALL ANY JB ROM.
    OR
    YOU CAN EDIT THE UPDATER-SCRIPT IN THE ROM.ZIP. REMOVE THE assert getprop LINES, AND THEN PROCEED WITH INSTALLATION. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS SAFE AND CAN CORRUPT YOUR ROM.ZIP FILE.
    The thanks button is just below the profile pic. Thank me later if you ran out of thanks for today.
    Thread updated with new kernel version. Enjoy flashing and don't forget to read the 1st, 2nd and 3rd post before flashing.
    Cheers.
    sgt. meow
    ;)