[Q] How do I fix gauge/scratch on frame of phone.

Search This thread

dearmiju

Jul 27, 2010
The outer frame of my phone (the metallic plastic border-frame-thing) has a scratches and gauge on it now because I dropped it few weeks ago. I know it's just the appearance but at times I just find myself staring at it with discontent.

Here is the Link to the photo of it. (remove the spaces I'm a new user)

http : / / yfrog . com / n415092010127j

So I ask what would you do if you vibrant has that gauge/scratch?

Do you think it's fixable? maybe just sand it down to smooth it out or would it be make it worse?

Is it possible to get a replacement part?? I cannot find anything online but... I did see the non-working "T-MOBILE DUMMY SAMSUNG VIBRANT T959 DISPLAY PHONE" model on ebay.. do you think I can take the part from there? (haha, I think I do sound somewhat desperate)

oh and is there a case that just covers the perimeter of the phone leaving the back and front exposed? (I have a case for my phone already it but it makes the phone look pretty bulky)

Thank you everybody

Last edited:

Minker17

Jun 4, 2008
Franklin, TN
I'd like to know this as well as I dropped mine on Friday and scratched all four corners! I thought about sanding it to give it a brushed look, but since it's plastic, I have a feeling it would look like crap.

Can you replace just that part?

D

Deleted member 2182971

I had a similar issue when I had my blackberry 8900. The "chrome" around the sides started coming off, so I picked at it with my nail until it all came off. It was smooth black plastic underneath, and I'm willing to bet that's the case with the Vibrant.

You could tape off the parts you don't want scratched (screen, buttons, etc.) and use sandpaper on the chrome.

Shadab khan ARk

Oct 30, 2016
Just use a good quality liquid Wax polish used on automobiles.

I had a very similar issue as yours. I tried everything and finally came up with a solution. And it was the liquid Wax polish used on cars and bikes to make them shine. Just mask all the sensitive parts of the area of your phone in which you have scratches, then take the polish and rub it on the damaged area with optimum pressure with a clean cotton cloth (make sure a little heat is generated due to friction) . You might have to do it several time so, protect any other unwanted part.
Hope this helps ?

Top Liked Posts