Sprint to announce that they will allow their phones on Boost Mobile now.

Search This thread

skarloey28

Mar 7, 2012
I HIGHLY doubt Sprint would allow you to bring anything higher than a Hero or Evo 4G if this is even true. You also have to keep in mind that you would be on the $55 Android plan only dropping to $40 instead of the $50 plan on a flashed phone that drops to $35.

Everyone and their grandma would drop their Sprint contract if this were true and there would be no one on Sprint.

If there is ANY truth to this I can bet it will be an extremely dated handset (unless currently offered by Boost), it will need a clean ESN and they might not guarantee web or mms (like metro does).

RioSoul

Nov 15, 2010
Chicago
I just caught wind of this news from one of my buddies who owns a Boost store & it is actually a double edged sword. It presents a great opportunity for flashers & obviously a huge threat. On a positive note, it will give flashers an opportunity to have a wider selection of donor phones to chose from (the Sprint Incognito, the Sprint Rant, the Sprint Intercept, the Sprint Hero, Palm Trio, Touch Pro 1 & 2 etc.). Many flashers have been using Sprint phones as donor phones for quite some time now, but getting them activated hasn't been the easiest thing to do until now! Countless people have older Sprint phones that can be used as donor phones sitting in their drawers at home collecting dust, so now's a good time to remove the cob webs from them & take advantage of using them for flashing purposes.

On the flip side, Boost officially activating Sprint phones will obviously present a problem for flashers if or when the phones that flashers commonly flash are eligible to be activated on Boost (EVOs, Epics, etc). This will probably not happen over night but may very well be a possibility at a certain point in the future. If or when this happens, it will certainly take a huge blow at those who flash phones. I don't think it will cause phone flashing to become obsolete because people will still be interested in having bad ESN phones flashed to Boost, but it definitely won't be as popular or profitable as it's been in the past. Also, those who officially activate Sprint handsets on their Boost accounts will still need flashers to assist them with things such as adjusting their APN settings so that their picture messaging will work. This will probably never become a gold mine, but nontheless, it still presents a pretty good opportunity.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts