[Q] Flashed wrong Kernel(Stock ROM) stuck on BOOTLOOP

Search This thread

twingle

Jul 30, 2012
Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again :(

D

Deleted member 5617821

Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again :(

Can you enter Recovery Mode and/or Download Mode?

Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?:(

1) Are you sure it is for GT-S5830i? But first, are you sure that your device is an Ace-i?
2) Which kernel is it? You need to know whether it is for stock-based ROMs or for CM7.2 ROMs.
3) Download mode is more important. Can you access it with volume down + home + power?

D

Deleted member 5617821

Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?:(

Since you can enter the Recovery Mode, just flash any custom rom. Make sure to do Wipe data/ factory reset, Wipe cache partitions, Mounts & Storage> Format /system and Advanced> Wipe dalvik cache from CWM before you flash a rom. That should solve it. If that doesn't work, then flash the stock rom back using odin from the Download Mode. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*

If your device is s5830i then flash rafael kernel then flash any stock based custom rom.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

SirJackington

May 17, 2012
Bootloop S5389i

Hi there, i recently tried to install a custom rom on my ace s5839i but got stuck on the 'Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i' splash screen. I then managed to get it into download mode and install the stock ROM using odin. the process completes on the computer but on the phone it says 'failed to mount /data' and gets stuck in a new bootloop now between the 'SAMSUNG' and Vodafone logo. is there anything i can do about this? thanks in advance:confused:

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Hi there, i recently tried to install a custom rom on my ace s5839i but got stuck on the 'Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i' splash screen. I then managed to get it into download mode and install the stock ROM using odin. the process completes on the computer but on the phone it says 'failed to mount /data' and gets stuck in a new bootloop now between the 'SAMSUNG' and Vodafone logo. is there anything i can do about this? thanks in advance:confused:

Clear data and cache in recovery mod

Reactions: SirJackington

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Clear data and cache in recovery mod