FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,616 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,657

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2019, 02:57 AM |#29471  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,987

More
i apologize, as I dont like to be part of the problem with OT posts . However, I have heard of the following https://copperhead.co/android/, but dont know too much about it. The source is on GitHub for people to build for themselves. https://copperhead.co/android/
...and this one as well https://unaos.com/

and to bring it ever so slightly back onto MiX, since they are both Android based, MiX might run on them. If the OS doesn't see it as breaking their security measures...
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 05:06 AM |#29472  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your work. How to set my own client id and client key for google drive
27th April 2019, 05:08 AM |#29473  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I have another suggestion. Considering problems when copying in the conditions of a lack of memory. Error pop-up messages are not enough, you may not notice them. And files are not copied all or with a zero size (which, by the way, should be erased so as not to be misleading). I think in such cases there should be a constant error message with confirmation of the user.
27th April 2019, 07:16 AM |#29474  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,987

More
I have a small issue, i'll call it a "behavior" rather than a bug since it does not actually cause a problem except with my OCD

I have a boot scripts which adds ".nomedia" files to all the directories under "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com/mixplorer/"; which from my understanding should make the files invisible to the media scanner. However, the files within those directories actually DO end up in my media dB.

Here you can see that the thumbs directory has the ".nomedia" file
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190427-145220.png
Views:	368
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	4749538

but in a check, the actual files are listed in the media dB (bottom half of the screen / list)

Name:	Screenshot_TeMeFI_20190427-145050.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	4749539
And this screen shot actually shows that there is no "temp" directory, yet in the above list out of the Media dB, it has an item I am guessing it was a temp item at some point.

Name:	Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190427-145115.png
Views:	364
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	4749541

And while I am playing the guessing game, I would also guess that the above is called by an explicit call to scan the new file on creation without checking for the ".nomedia" file.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 08:16 AM |#29475  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Download link in Xda labs currently not working. (other apps' are fine)
27th April 2019, 08:31 AM |#29476  
Forum Moderator
Flag Minga
Thanks Meter: 5,809

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatayHan

Download link in Xda labs currently not working. (other apps' are fine)

Please use the search function https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=79405378
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 01:43 PM |#29477  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

Please use the search function https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=79405378

A forum is a pretty bad way to distribute an app.

Is MiXplorer ready to be released in the F-Droid app store?
XDA Labs simply never works (it's not a momentary issue, it keeps happing) for updating apps like MiXplorer. In the 2 years I have used Labs, I was able to update an app only once.
27th April 2019, 02:50 PM |#29478  
Forum Moderator
Flag Minga
Thanks Meter: 5,809

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilexa

Is MiXplorer ready to be released in the F-Droid app store?
XDA Labs simply never works (it's not a momentary issue, it keeps happing) for updating apps like MiXplorer. In the 2 years I have used Labs, I was able to update an app only once.

Go to xda labs thread and report issues there, it's not Mixplorer fault.

You can also get mixplorer on play store and support the dev(brilliant)

Or simply download from the first post.

For F-Droid, just use the search function, it's been explained not long ago
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 04:49 PM |#29479  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilexa

This is a development thread, and when the developer releases betas and test builds quickly, he interacts directly with users and fixes / modifies things according to immediate feedback.

Which remains posted and also allows for a years long ongoing, public, moderated and searchable conversation and permanent information resource.

Apart from the occasional XDA hiccup, it's also the most reliable download method available. No walled garden, no account required, no software or version barrier, no requirement, no filter.

Can't think of a better way.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
28th April 2019, 12:43 AM |#29480  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

This is a development thread, and when the developer releases betas and test builds quickly, he interacts directly with users and fixes / modifies things according to immediate feedback.

Which remains posted and also allows for a years long ongoing, public, moderated and searchable conversation and permanent information resource.

Apart from the occasional XDA hiccup, it's also the most reliable download method available. No walled garden, no account required, no software or version barrier, no requirement, no filter.

Can't think of a better way.

In fact you need a XDA account to download it, from website and from app.

And since there no other way to get the latest release, providing the apk could be useful, until XDA lab is fixed.
28th April 2019, 01:36 AM |#29481  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akboy7015

In fact you need a XDA account to download it, from website and from app.

That is somewhat the point that was previously made. It's a good thing (even an industry standard) to have betas or even production releases be available through a controlled channel in order to prevent the proliferation of what may be unstable or outdated versions as well as containing and organizing the feedback and make it productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboy7015

And since there no other way to get the latest release, providing the apk could be useful, until XDA lab is fixed.

That's a reasonable desire but without more support it's not a very strong case for making a permanent change in the way the app is distributed. Also, Perhaps you might consider a different opener next time. Bashing the forum where you came for app and answers about it is like going up a tree for fruit then trying to chop the tree down while you are up there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)