[Q] Rooting WITHOUT recovery/flashing?

Search This thread

Wiltron

I'm using a C6906 on Rogers in Canada, locked bootloader. Currently on the latest 4.2 variant, rooted. I personally don't care about having custom recoveries, modified kernels and all the other bells and whistles that float around these forums.

Is there a root for 4.3 for the Z1 that isn't a cluster**** of downgrading and flashing and what not?

Stock kernel, stock recovery, stock everything.. just a root method so I can use Greenify and TiBu on 4.3?

I know there's 90 other threads on root, and I'm sure someone is going to post the Dual Recovery thread - but please.. as much as most people don't read or search before posting, if you're thinking of posting that thread please re-read the above. I don't want to have custom recoveries and all that other crap.. just root, so the apps that require root work on 4.3.

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
There is not a Direct Root for 4.3. Sorry for you but if you want a Rooted Android 4.3 FW .136 you have to Downgrade to .534 Root with Bin4ry, then Update directly to Pre-Rooted .136 Provided by NUT. Also I know you don't want Dual Recovery but in this case is very helpful because after all this process you can Backup the entire system and if one day something go wrong with you Android you can Restore it to new. All have his reasons.

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Are you on 4.2 or 4.3?

4.2 has direct root methods (vroot, 360root and kingo)

You can try this if you're on 4.3:

Downgrade to 4.2 via flashtool, buy supersu, tick the survival mode and upgrade to 4.3 again.

This can work...

You won't have a recovery.

But as of now: there is no direct way to root 4.3

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk