[Q] Disappointing battery life.

Search This thread

uriah18

Feb 18, 2011
HTC Desire
HTC Desire V
Mine moto g goes for about 2 and a half days with moderate usage and 1 and a half with some heavy usage.

At first I noticed that it drained faster, but then I unticked google+ synchronisation (I don't need it) and things got better. Also after I installed trustgo I didn't finished setup process and application stayed on. It drained my battery in few hours. After I finished setup all went back to normal.

I think it must be some application you have that drains your battery. Also set location settings to battery saving. If you upgraded to kitkat you should have process stats under developer options in settings. It may help also.

Cheers!

Reactions: fatboyslimerr

SaberJ2X

Dec 3, 2012
I get great battery life out of my phone i just disabled a bunch of crap from the phone and its still fully usable and syncs...

from Faux123's kernel thread...

also I use Textnow and Skype, and skype issued an update that made it's battery draining much much better

mine was having a horrible battery drain too, but it was Android, just plugged it and unplugged it from the usb charger and stopped the OS from being stupid...

mine's been running for 20 hours, and it's still at 70% battery...
I did disable a bunch of wakelock inducing ****s and pointless programs...

device management
google drive
face unlock
gmail
google play books
google play games
google play movies and tv
google play newstand
google search
google text to speech
google+
hangouts
help
hp print service
motorola assist
motorola boot services
motorola chekin
motorola contextual services
quickoffice (I never have used it)
google translate

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-18-22-11-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-18-22-11-40.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

microGen

Mar 17, 2014
Moto G marathon champ

My XT1032 probably needs a refill every 3 days or so - after a day of normal* usage, the battery was down to 83% for me once. As I only have my phone since last Friday, I cannot really say that I have got an accurate data sample at hand yet, though. And I recharge it every evening so that I can build up a routine in order not to forget this.

The battery life might also in part be affected positively by me not signing into my google account and disabling 3G data (I only activate this feature when I need it).

Being my first smart phone, the performance of the battery is far better than I expected and I honestly have to say that I am really pleased.

* normal (that is, normal for me) = being connected to a wireless network most of the day, email updates every 15 minutes plus some mailing, some browsing - maybe 1 hour per day - and very few phone calls. So far one outgoing and one incoming, lol
That and using the alarm feature and occasionally checking the weather and other stuff and playing around with the system and apps in general pretty sums up my usage.

Reactions: SaberJ2X

buntysatya

Jul 21, 2012
Uploading new stats, still disappointed :(

Should I be worried ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-21-02-12-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-21-02-12-03.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2014-03-21-02-12-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-21-02-12-12.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2014-03-21-02-12-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-21-02-12-17.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
Hey OP this is what you need to do:

1. Install the faux kernel (oc is fine).
2. Enable intelli-plug.
3. Disable mpdecision.
4. Max out the multi core power savings.
5. Download install and run greenify. Hibernate any apps that wake your device.
6. Enable the art runtime.
7. Profit. I get about 6h of sot with these settings.

buntysatya

Jul 21, 2012
Hey OP this is what you need to do:

1. Install the faux kernel (oc is fine).
2. Enable intelli-plug.
3. Disable mpdecision.
4. Max out the multi core power savings.
5. Download install and run greenify. Hibernate any apps that wake your device.
6. Enable the art runtime.
7. Profit. I get about 6h of sot with these settings.

Don't wanna root, thinking about asking for a replacement, my battery dropped 9% in 6 hours with everything off just network standby.

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
Don't wanna root, thinking about asking for a replacement, my battery dropped 9% in 6 hours with everything off just network standby.

Are you using GPS, or have you used GPS and not rebooted your phone. It is a known problem that often, after using GPS, your phone will drain battery at 1.5% per hour above normal and only a reboot fixed it. Eg on airplane mode rather than losing nothing it will lose 1.5% per hour.

Switch to 'battery saving' location, then reboot and see how it goes.

Reactions: xgt001

buntysatya

Jul 21, 2012
Are you using GPS, or have you used GPS and not rebooted your phone. It is a known problem that often, after using GPS, your phone will drain battery at 1.5% per hour above normal and only a reboot fixed it. Eg on airplane mode rather than losing nothing it will lose 1.5% per hour.

I haven't used GPS yet

xgt001

Aug 29, 2012
Hi

Clear play services cache and data and even from manage storage clear both. Reboot. Your drain shouldn't be more than .7% / hr on WiFi with location set to battery saving and Google now on.

As Scott said GPS is also a issue but it shouldn't affect if you are on battery saving all time.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

fatboyslimerr

Nov 7, 2013
I'm pretty sure those damn Motorola apps are causing battery drain. Try to disable as many as possible. This improved battery life for me.

Sent from my One S running Kitkat

crewster

Dec 14, 2012
Same odd issue...after doing at least 2 factory resets, i cannot improve my battery life as I had in the previous Android version (i use greenify and disabled some motorola APPs, and all the existing battery saving tips but....
7avynagu.jpg

This is really very annoying :S

zened8

Apr 20, 2013
I think your battery is normal. I don't know where are tuo form. But if you have the possibility try tu use only 2g connection. Whatsapp and other messaging apps will works and your battery will last longer.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
Settings accounts google and deactivate: google report location and location history. Thats a big drain. I get 0.6% drain per hour overnight thanks to that when before it draoned 20% over night . greenify can help too

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine moto g goes for about 2 and a half days with moderate usage and 1 and a half with some heavy usage.

At first I noticed that it drained faster, but then I unticked google+ synchronisation (I don't need it) and things got better. Also after I installed trustgo I didn't finished setup process and application stayed on. It drained my battery in few hours. After I finished setup all went back to normal.

I think it must be some application you have that drains your battery. Also set location settings to battery saving. If you upgraded to kitkat you should have process stats under developer options in settings. It may help also.

Cheers!
    Moto G marathon champ

My XT1032 probably needs a refill every 3 days or so - after a day of normal* usage, the battery was down to 83% for me once. As I only have my phone since last Friday, I cannot really say that I have got an accurate data sample at hand yet, though. And I recharge it every evening so that I can build up a routine in order not to forget this.

The battery life might also in part be affected positively by me not signing into my google account and disabling 3G data (I only activate this feature when I need it).

Being my first smart phone, the performance of the battery is far better than I expected and I honestly have to say that I am really pleased.

* normal (that is, normal for me) = being connected to a wireless network most of the day, email updates every 15 minutes plus some mailing, some browsing - maybe 1 hour per day - and very few phone calls. So far one outgoing and one incoming, lol
    That and using the alarm feature and occasionally checking the weather and other stuff and playing around with the system and apps in general pretty sums up my usage.