[ROM] KiljackenROM v1.4, Faster, deodexed and with compcache!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Baboo85

Oct 14, 2010
this rom is slow and with overcloking is not fast.

Don't play with overcloking if u don't want damage your battery and your device...

Slow? Rofl :D have you tried SPQRom by Cyanogen? It's "full optional" and I love it, but THAT is too slow... And there's no overclock in that rom.

Compared with SPQRom, this is fast :)

Now..... Who can help me with these crashes?

EDIT: resolved. Uninstalled current version of SetCPU and installed lastest (2.0.4) and uninstalled Titaium Backup.

Now the CPU reach 710MHz (at 768 it crashes) and many games run smoothly (as Bubble Blast) :D

Last edited:

torsti

Jul 4, 2010
Any update for this rom?

Sent from my Tattoo using XDA App - this app is used by a German nerd :)

Baboo85

Oct 14, 2010
Glad to see people are still using my ROM :)

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

:D it's fast and I can overclock my cpu (HTC Tattoo) so I can play many games more smoothly than before :)

Stepping back from 2.2.1 to 2.1 means lose some little feature (keyboard less accurate for me, some GUI personalization, some function, ecc) but also means gain other feature (phone-like keyboard as Android 1.6, lightness and speed, overclocking) :)

It's a great rom.

Do you plan future update?

Last edited:

rafaelegomezb

Aug 27, 2007
Madrid, Spain
Slow? Rofl :D have you tried SPQRom by Cyanogen? ...

Compared with SPQRom, this is fast :)

:D

It is clear that your concept of slow and fast has "inverse polarity" as mine. Anyway, good news is that we are free to choose, and we have availability from where to pick.

What I don't get is what's the need of doing derogative compairsions. Would you compare it to your own ROM? :)eek:What??!!! You don't have any???)

Baboo85

Oct 14, 2010
It is clear that your concept of slow and fast has "inverse polarity" as mine. Anyway, good news is that we are free to choose, and we have availability from where to pick.

Slow = slow, fast = fast. I don't know other "concepts"... :confused:

What I don't get is what's the need of doing derogative compairsions. Would you compare it to your own ROM? :)eek:What??!!! You don't have any???)

Is it a flame or what? :rolleyes:

And why you are answering me? I was talking with ikxdf...

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
sorry but I disapprove the overclocking.
overclocking is not a good choise for this reason:

1.reduce battery duration
2.reduce battery life
3.increase battery working temperature
4.high working temperature of CPU
5.risk to damage the hardware

A normal overclocking for a Personal Computer,without increase cooling, is 5-10%.In this rom u can increase your cpu freq over the 40%...seems excessive to me...:eek:

Anyone is free to have his mind and made his choise...but if u are playing with a game and broke your device or damage your lcd with the high temperature don't cry...is your own fault :)

I can only advise you based on my knowledge. It's up to you to decide what to do.

Good luck

Baboo85

Oct 14, 2010

2.reduce battery life

A normal overclocking for a Personal Computer,without increase cooling, is 5-10%.In this rom u can increase your cpu freq over the 40%...seems excessive to me...:eek:

Anyone is free to have his mind and made his choise...but if u are playing with a game and broke your device or damage your lcd with the high temperature don't cry...is your own fault :)

I can only advise you based on my knowledge. It's up to you to decide what to do.

Good luck

Yes, I know :) I won't cry. I'll crush it :D

"Joking apart", with my old Intel E2140 1,6GHz I put it at 3,20GHz with default cooler and temperature under control so I know what I'm doing (even that it's dangerous).

SetCPU has a temperature sensor, I see that using CPU locked @default (528MHz) the temperature reach 36,9°C. Locking it @710MHz the temperature reached is 36,9°C. I use "ondemand" with 245 min and 710 max.

The only one disadvantage is the battery, but my phone remain idle and with monitor off for the most time every day, so the battery life is increased (due to other power saving profiles) :)

Also you can set a profile if the temperature reach certain limit. I set it to 40°C, then CPU will be limited from 245MHz to 480MHz if goes over that temperature.

Last edited:

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
Yes, I know :) I won't cry. I'll crush it :D

"Joking apart", with my old Intel E2140 1,6GHz I put it at 3,20GHz with default cooler and temperature under control so I know what I'm doing (even that it's dangerous).

SetCPU has a temperature sensor, I see that using CPU locked @default (528MHz) the temperature reach 36,9°C. Locking it @710MHz the temperature reached is 36,9°C. I use "ondemand" with 245 min and 710 max.

The only one disadvantage is the battery, but my phone remain idle and with monitor off for the most time every day, so the battery life is increased (due to other power saving profiles) :)

Also you can set a profile if the temperature reach certain limit. I set it to 40°C, then CPU will be limited from 245MHz to 480MHz if goes over that temperature.

try to play with some game for 15-20 min :) Now is winter...try to play with tattoo overclocked in summer heheheheh
if u play u dry the battery in a few time and u can cook some eggs over the cpu :)

cpu of your pc have a fan and it is autoregolated by temperature sensor of your motherboard.
Tattoo havent fan :)

U can't talk about temperature of a dvice always in standby... u have to use and stress it: U have to considerate the wrost case...

if u want use the cpu oveclockig u are free to use it :)
if the better condition for your device is with cpu overclocked and u are happy...is ok for me

Enjoy!

Baboo85

Oct 14, 2010
try to play with some game for 15-20 min :) Now is winter...try to play with tattoo overclocked in summer heheheheh
if u play u dry the battery in a few time and u can cook some eggs over the cpu :)

cpu of your pc have a fan and it is autoregolated by temperature sensor of your motherboard.
Tattoo havent fan :)

U can't talk about temperature of a dvice always in standby... u have to use and stress it: U have to considerate the wrost case...

if u want use the cpu oveclockig u are free to use it :)
if the better condition for your device is with cpu overclocked and u are happy...is ok for me

Enjoy!

:D come to the dark side of overclocking
Darth-Vader-icon.gif

kiljacken

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Nykøbing Mars

2.reduce battery life

Good luck

Overclocking on this ROM will not damage any hardware, as the voltage have not been increased. Infact the voltage has been refuced to save power..

And I might release a new version soon, with some small optimisations :)

-- Kiljacken

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
Overclocking on this ROM will not damage any hardware, as the voltage have not been increased. Infact the voltage has been refuced to save power..

And I might release a new version soon, with some small optimisations :)

-- Kiljacken

ok, if u are sure about this i'm happy for u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts