By kanthai, Member on 23rd July 2009, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2009, 08:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prewed

kanthai
how is performance in comparison with original one?

I'd also like to know. I am currently in the dilemma of deciding between the 1800 and 3600. The 1800 keeps teh size, but the 3600 offers the power.... Hmm... I'm opting for the 3600 but I wouldn't be able to know if it's time to recharge or not! So .... Also, the 1800 is only 25 euros while the 3600 is 70 euros.

I'd want to have my phone last ALL Day with 3G and leaving a chat application open/connected.

27th July 2009, 05:56 AM |#12  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved

I'd also like to know. I am currently in the dilemma of deciding between the 1800 and 3600. The 1800 keeps teh size, but the 3600 offers the power.... Hmm... I'm opting for the 3600 but I wouldn't be able to know if it's time to recharge or not! So .... Also, the 1800 is only 25 euros while the 3600 is 70 euros.

I'd want to have my phone last ALL Day with 3G and leaving a chat application open/connected.

skyevolved...this thread does not talk about the Mugen 1800 MAh battery for the Xperia X1.

This topic is about the OEM Xperia X1 Battery versus the FAKE Chinese Generic Battery. Both are 1500 MAh.

skyevolved, please, just take my advice and buy an extra ORIGINAL X1 battery and carry it with you all the time.
27th July 2009, 06:13 PM |#13  
OP Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Well, the FAKE battery keep shutting my phone down (just gone blank, no warning) when battery meter reach around 40%, so I assume that the capacity is lower/compromise.

At fisrt, I have decided to keep it, but after it's shut my phone down without warning many times I think I should file a complaint to Paypal.

I've try to contacted SE to confirm these, but no respond from them yet.

May be if many people report them with counterfeit battery, they will act.

Can anyone who have experience dealing with fraud items on ebay help me sort this out please?
27th July 2009, 08:50 PM |#14  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanthai

Well, the FAKE battery keep shutting my phone down (just gone blank, no warning) when battery meter reach around 40%, so I assume that the capacity is lower/compromise.

At fisrt, I have decided to keep it, but after it's shut my phone down without warning many times I think I should file a complaint to Paypal.

I've try to contacted SE to confirm these, but no respond from them yet.

May be if many people report them with counterfeit battery, they will act.

Can anyone who have experience dealing with fraud items on ebay help me sort this out please?

Easy, file a dispute NOW. And give a reason to why you file the dispute, and paypal will forward that reason as a warning to the seller.
3rd August 2009, 10:14 PM |#15  
Flag St. John
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
am i the only one including the thread starter with a slight dent close to the top of the battery? my battery has the same dent lol
8th October 2009, 07:16 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanthai

At fisrt, I have decided to keep it, but after it's shut my phone down without warning many times I think I should file a complaint to Paypal.. ...

It's been over a months now, I'm curious - how did this turn out?

I'm thinking of ordering one of these 'OEM' Ebay batteries simply because they are so cheap now (< $5 USD) - Even if I can get an hour of safe usage on a charge I'd say I got my money's worth at that price point. That's the issue though, safe - I've used many non-OEM batteries in the past and the lack of a pressure release is what worries me most, because of the temps the X1 can get up to with GPS and radio active.

Not sure if I should go with the $4.25 "Non-OEMs" or the $4.75 "OEMs" - both are fakes obviously, but one just tries to be a cheap battery while the other tries to be cheap and look authentic - wondering which would be better in that case...

Peter
14th October 2009, 06:30 AM |#17  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Wow, very nice writeup. Thanks for the headsup.
14th October 2009, 09:59 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I bought one off ebay.co.uk from "echnouk" for £9.95 they are touted as removed from returned phones. Mine looks genuine when compared to your pics and lasts longer than the original battery does now.
If anyone is after a cheap genuine battery I can recommend this guy
23rd October 2009, 01:58 AM |#19  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Baguio
Thanks Meter: 245

Donate to Me
More
@kanthai

very educational!

thanks you very much
23rd October 2009, 02:05 AM |#20  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Baguio
Thanks Meter: 245

Donate to Me
More
i have confirmed that my X1i battery is orginal! thanks again.
24th December 2009, 10:39 AM |#21  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfz

From the picture provided, the build quality isn't the same. You can definately tell which one is genuine by looking at it, but the scary thing is the counterfeit items look better and better. Not for long, we won't be able to tell which one is the real product.

i fail to see the problem, if we dont notice the difference who cares if it is fake or not?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)