[Theme] JAMT - Just Another Minimal Theme (CM7)

Search This thread

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
This theme has been revamped and is now available on the market for use with the T-Mobile Theme Chooser. Click here for info
There are some shortcomings with the theme engine so eventually I will be releasing the themes for Oxygen etc, but I am focusing my efforts on porting the theme to CM7 first

...presenting
JAMT
with
Smooth Animations
and
Customisable Lockscreen Backgrounds
for OpenDesire 4.0.35-.37, DeFrost 6.1 and Oxygen

I started off wanting a minimal theme for my desire and really liked some of the flat minimal widgets available, but all the status bars had gradients and reflective icons.

So I thought I'd make my own! I packaged them so you can have the flat icons with a gradient bar or not, there is a white and black set.

All icons are original, although obviously inspired by other icon sets.

This has taken a lot of work by me, please consider a small donation in consideration of my time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oxygen
Metamorphs aren't working for my theme in Oxygen, I continuously get bootloops. I've made 12 flashable zips which should cover most options.

Oxygen information here

Granular Theming

Want black lockscreen with a white bar? Want grey bar with stock lockscreen?

Check out this post for how to customise the theme even more with metamorph.

Many of the metamorphs are now incompatible with this these themes do to differences in framework. If there are any serious issues let me know.

Change Lockscreen Background
The file /framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/lockscreen_bg.png is now the lockscreen background. The default should just be transparent black, however it is possible to change it using methods outlined here and here.

Please keep discussions about the lockscreen wallpapers here. This thread should be about the theme.

Smooth animations
Battery discharging, battery charging and syncing as below. I will not as a percentage mod as you can turn this on within the settings of OD (Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Status Bar > Battery percentage).

Discharge.gif
Charge.gif
Sync.gif
DischargeWB.gif
ChargeWB.gif
SyncWB.gif

Instructions
* Download your desired theme (white/black, lock/no-lock)
* Download the XMLs.zip and extract it to your SD card. The folder "CMTheme" should now be created and contain 4 xml files.
* Flash the theme zip (not the XMLs.zip) as you would a rom through clockwork mod
*Zips are not signed - ensure signature check is disabled​

Choose your desired variant (flat or gradient)
Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Tweaks extras > Select a theme.

Just remember you can only swap between gradient and flat, to change colour you need to flash the update.zip.

Screenshots
Cos its a theme and all...it looks better on the phone as always

Black
snap20101016_171016.png
snap20101016_171501.png

White
snap20101016_174759.png
snap20101016_174404.png

Lock-screens
This is the graphite lock-screen. The only issue with this is the bars get drawn when there is an incoming call. As per this post To fix this you will need to flash this file in recovery. Took a lot of playing around with this to get it working but I think it's worth it.

Graphite Lockscreen

snap20101018_212214.png
snap20101020_010752.png

Hinted Lockscreen

Back by popular demand - well one post really. The old lock screen. Grab the old lockscreen files below

snap20101016_173632.png
snap20101016_174349.png

Downloads

OpenDesire

Black Theme Graphite Lockscreen
Black Theme Hinted Lockscreen
Black Theme Stock Lockscreen

White Theme Graphite Lockscreen
White Theme Hinted Lockscreen
White Theme Stock Lockscreen

Defrost

Colour File

Configuration XLMs

Other Stuff
These have only been tested on OpenDesire 4, and DeFrost - I can't guarantee anything,and my technical knowledge is limited - I just make pictures :).

Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated. If anyone would like to port this theme feel free to. I can try and help, but like I said. I make pictures.

Modded Google Search and Genie are attached here until I start A thread with other modded widgets, these are no longer updated as I don't use them.

Thanks to adamG and the team for Open Desire, some icons in screenshot (not status bar) by chrfb

Thanks to jercik for the Smooth Sense framework. It directed me on animating the icons.

Any donations are greatly appreciated and will help me continue modding (instead of studying for exams!!!), so if you like my work please consider it.

Attachments

• BW_Google_Search_Mod.zip
    480.6 KB · Views: 464
  • BW_Genie.zip
    528.5 KB · Views: 730
  • BW_Genie_b50.zip
    514.6 KB · Views: 311
  • FLATWHITE_OD_4037_STOCKLOCK.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 640
  • FLATWHITE_OD_4037.zip
    2 MB · Views: 909
  • FLATBLACK_OD_4037_STOCKLOCK.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 798
  • FLATBLACK_OD_4037.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2,432
Last edited:

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
Changelog

2.2.0 (11/12)
*Released for Defrost 6.1
*Updated other framework files to gingerbread

2.1.0 (23/11)
*Now 100 pt Animations - For continuity between DeFrost and Oxygen.
*Rebased on DeFrost 6.0g - Had to rebuild most metamorphs. This caused further fragmentation between themebases :rolleyes:

2.0.7 (13/11)
*Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0e

2.0.6 (10/11)
*Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0c

2.0.5 (5/11)
*Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0b
*Renamed Theme to JAMT - Just Another Minimal Theme

2.0.4 (31/10)
*Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0

2.0.3 (29/10)
*Rebuilt Defrost themes for 5.9

2.0.2 (25/10)
*Rebuilt Defrost themes for 5.8

2.0.1 (22/10)
*Updated black theme for DeFrost 5.7
*Updated white theme for DeFrost 5.7

2.0 (21/10)
*Added Defrost
*Added ability change lockscreen background
*Overhauled the custom lockscreen to something very different
*Added back the old lockscreen
*Fixed animations for custom lockscreen
*Fixed "no notifications" title colour on white theme

1.1 (16/10)
*Refreshed the lockscreens
*Refreshed Gradient Black

1.0.1 (16/10)
*Fixed some animation icons

1.0 (15/10)
*Animations added
*Some icons tweaked

0.7.1 (8/10)
*Rebuilt on 4.0.34 framework
*Added white with lock screen

0.7 (29/09)
*Added white bar
*Added xml file for flat and gradient themes

0.6 (29/09)
*Added "easter egg" notification

0.5 (28/09)
*Added NO-LOCK version as requested.

0.4 (24/09
*Tweaked the Lock Screen to make the icons not look so washed out
*Added the xml file for those experiencing colour issues.

0.3 (23/09)
*Added framework theme
**Search no longer works for me - I've left it in, in case anyone still uses it, or can port it**
**I can't increase the size of the Genie widget icons as my trial of a photoshop plugin enabling index PNGs to be read has expired - working on it**

0.2 (02/09)
*Google Search 9patch images now working (Damn that took me a long time to figure out - Good ole Brut)
*Split original package into seperate *.zips

0.1 (31/08)
First attempt

Attachments

• FLATWHITE_OD_4037_OLDLOCK.zip
    2 MB · Views: 380
  • FLATBLACK_OD_4037_OLDLOCK.zip
    2 MB · Views: 618
  • JAMT_BLACK_DF_6.1_Graphite.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 636
  • JAMT_BLACK_DF_6.1_Hinted.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 308
  • JAMT_BLACK_DF_6.1_Stock.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 263
  • JAMT_WHITE_DF_6.1_Graphite.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 311
  • JAMT_WHITE_DF_6.1_Hinted.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 191
  • JAMT_WHITE_DF_6.1_Stock.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

BumAround

Apr 14, 2009
If you have time, would appreciate if you mod it to make the weather icon just sprightly bigger (like 2% bigger in size) when it shows next to the news flash. I mean when I put a widget and opt "News & Weather".

Thanks.

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
love the google search mod..thanks!!

Thanks!

Does it look b+w on the screen?
i mean if the widget on the screen is not activated?

It looks as is does in the image on the screen. No widget has been selected - I'm not entirely sure what you are asking though

If you have time, would appreciate if you mod it to make the weather icon just sprightly bigger (like 2% bigger in size) when it shows next to the news flash. I mean when I put a widget and opt "News & Weather".

Thanks.

I will look into it, it could definitely use a larger weather icon.

I've nearly finished my first attempt at black and white status bar icons - still not 100% happy but here is a flashable flat black(no gradient) status bar and simple B&W icons for Open Desire 4.0.15.

There seems to be some issues with the Google Search Mod on my phone - I will need to tweak it a bit and post an update.

Thanks for feedback and comments!!

Attachments

• snap20100914_231925.jpg
    snap20100914_231925.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4,226
  • snap20100914_224150.png
    snap20100914_224150.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 3,561
  • snap20100914_231436.jpg
    snap20100914_231436.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 3,472
  • BW_Bar_OD4015.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 243

chareos12

Sep 8, 2010
I really like it, and can't wait to install it !!!

EDIT:
Installed the bar mod on my OpenDesire 4.0.23 ... but the bar background stays somewhat white. Shouldn't be black ? Icons on bar are fine, white and exactly as in your screenshoot. Only bar and notifications background are missing.

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
I really like it, and can't wait to install it !!!

EDIT:
Installed the bar mod on my OpenDesire 4.0.23 ... but the bar background stays somewhat white. Shouldn't be black ? Icons on bar are fine, white and exactly as in your screenshoot. Only bar and notifications background are missing.

Make sure you haven't got the STOCK_Black theme selected. It needs to STOCK or the modified xml file as STOCK_Black reverts back to the original stock bar.

maybe we need an .xml file for the correct colors?

XML file is attached to first post in a zip which needs to be manual unzipped and placed in /CMTheme/ folder of SDcard.

chareos12

Sep 8, 2010
Got it working.

Simple, beautiful. I really hope this will work with future releases of OD, because I'm already addicted :)

Abaregi

Sep 1, 2010
Great work!
Though I cant see the download link with xda app i just noticed. My old genie (taken from you) broke with the .27 OD update. I'll download when i get home.
Thanks again!
Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This theme has been revamped and is now available on the market for use with the T-Mobile Theme Chooser. Click here for info
    There are some shortcomings with the theme engine so eventually I will be releasing the themes for Oxygen etc, but I am focusing my efforts on porting the theme to CM7 first

...presenting
    JAMT
    with
    Smooth Animations
    and
    Customisable Lockscreen Backgrounds
    for OpenDesire 4.0.35-.37, DeFrost 6.1 and Oxygen

I started off wanting a minimal theme for my desire and really liked some of the flat minimal widgets available, but all the status bars had gradients and reflective icons.

So I thought I'd make my own! I packaged them so you can have the flat icons with a gradient bar or not, there is a white and black set.

All icons are original, although obviously inspired by other icon sets.

This has taken a lot of work by me, please consider a small donation in consideration of my time.

Oxygen
    Metamorphs aren't working for my theme in Oxygen, I continuously get bootloops. I've made 12 flashable zips which should cover most options.

Oxygen information here

Granular Theming

Want black lockscreen with a white bar? Want grey bar with stock lockscreen?

Check out this post for how to customise the theme even more with metamorph.

Many of the metamorphs are now incompatible with this these themes do to differences in framework. If there are any serious issues let me know.

Change Lockscreen Background
    The file /framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/lockscreen_bg.png is now the lockscreen background. The default should just be transparent black, however it is possible to change it using methods outlined here and here.

Please keep discussions about the lockscreen wallpapers here. This thread should be about the theme.

Smooth animations
    Battery discharging, battery charging and syncing as below. I will not as a percentage mod as you can turn this on within the settings of OD (Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Status Bar > Battery percentage).

Discharge.gif
    Charge.gif
    Sync.gif
    DischargeWB.gif
    ChargeWB.gif
    SyncWB.gif

Instructions
    * Download your desired theme (white/black, lock/no-lock)
    * Download the XMLs.zip and extract it to your SD card. The folder "CMTheme" should now be created and contain 4 xml files.
    * Flash the theme zip (not the XMLs.zip) as you would a rom through clockwork mod
    *Zips are not signed - ensure signature check is disabled​

Choose your desired variant (flat or gradient)
    Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Tweaks extras > Select a theme.

Just remember you can only swap between gradient and flat, to change colour you need to flash the update.zip.

Screenshots
    Cos its a theme and all...it looks better on the phone as always

Black
    snap20101016_171016.png
    snap20101016_171501.png

White
    snap20101016_174759.png
    snap20101016_174404.png

Lock-screens
    This is the graphite lock-screen. The only issue with this is the bars get drawn when there is an incoming call. As per this post To fix this you will need to flash this file in recovery. Took a lot of playing around with this to get it working but I think it's worth it.

Graphite Lockscreen

snap20101018_212214.png
    snap20101020_010752.png

Hinted Lockscreen

Back by popular demand - well one post really. The old lock screen. Grab the old lockscreen files below

snap20101016_173632.png
    snap20101016_174349.png

Downloads

OpenDesire

Defrost

Colour File

Configuration XLMs

Other Stuff
    These have only been tested on OpenDesire 4, and DeFrost - I can't guarantee anything,and my technical knowledge is limited - I just make pictures :).

Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated. If anyone would like to port this theme feel free to. I can try and help, but like I said. I make pictures.

Modded Google Search and Genie are attached here until I start A thread with other modded widgets, these are no longer updated as I don't use them.

Thanks to adamG and the team for Open Desire, some icons in screenshot (not status bar) by chrfb

Thanks to jercik for the Smooth Sense framework. It directed me on animating the icons.

Any donations are greatly appreciated and will help me continue modding (instead of studying for exams!!!), so if you like my work please consider it.
    Nearly worked out where everything is to bring JAMT to gingerbread. Here is a preview...

789e83ec-13c6-bade.jpg

Changelog

2.2.0 (11/12)
    *Released for Defrost 6.1
    *Updated other framework files to gingerbread

2.1.0 (23/11)
    *Now 100 pt Animations - For continuity between DeFrost and Oxygen.
    *Rebased on DeFrost 6.0g - Had to rebuild most metamorphs. This caused further fragmentation between themebases :rolleyes:

2.0.7 (13/11)
    *Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0e

2.0.6 (10/11)
    *Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0c

2.0.5 (5/11)
    *Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0b
    *Renamed Theme to JAMT - Just Another Minimal Theme

2.0.4 (31/10)
    *Rebuilt Defrost themes for 6.0

2.0.3 (29/10)
    *Rebuilt Defrost themes for 5.9

2.0.2 (25/10)
    *Rebuilt Defrost themes for 5.8

2.0.1 (22/10)
    *Updated black theme for DeFrost 5.7
    *Updated white theme for DeFrost 5.7

2.0 (21/10)
    *Added Defrost
    *Added ability change lockscreen background
    *Overhauled the custom lockscreen to something very different
    *Added back the old lockscreen
    *Fixed animations for custom lockscreen
    *Fixed "no notifications" title colour on white theme

1.1 (16/10)
    *Refreshed the lockscreens
    *Refreshed Gradient Black

1.0.1 (16/10)
    *Fixed some animation icons

1.0 (15/10)
    *Animations added
    *Some icons tweaked

0.7.1 (8/10)
    *Rebuilt on 4.0.34 framework
    *Added white with lock screen

0.7 (29/09)
    *Added white bar
    *Added xml file for flat and gradient themes

0.6 (29/09)
    *Added "easter egg" notification

0.5 (28/09)
    *Added NO-LOCK version as requested.

0.4 (24/09
    *Tweaked the Lock Screen to make the icons not look so washed out
    *Added the xml file for those experiencing colour issues.

0.3 (23/09)
    *Added framework theme
    **Search no longer works for me - I've left it in, in case anyone still uses it, or can port it**
    **I can't increase the size of the Genie widget icons as my trial of a photoshop plugin enabling index PNGs to be read has expired - working on it**

0.2 (02/09)
    *Google Search 9patch images now working (Damn that took me a long time to figure out - Good ole Brut)
    *Split original package into seperate *.zips

0.1 (31/08)
    First attempt
    Gas, are you going to update your theme for Oxygen?

I will do, just waiting for the release with the power widget in the notification bar.

Gas

JAMT tribute updated for Oxygen RC5. Clock and date color fixed thanks to KBanause.

http://db.tt/jJU0P6p