[ruu] [stock] att 2.20 ota

Search This thread

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
Yes must be locked first. Go here start at 1 go to #5 replace 1.85 with 2.20 so it makes sense lol.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29710888

I just wanted to take a minute and thank eraste , he walked me through restoring my phone to stock and gave me about an hour of his time. People like this are what makes XDA the place to be. Please take the time to thank him or any of the other people who may help you along your cell phone expeditions. This thanks is for you eraste!

Reactions: eraste

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
We appreciate your roms, but I don't think your response was necessary. It's not helping anything, is it? So what if you have to flash new kernels and radios in fastboot? People will figure it out, and get over it.

Well if you read the thread. I tried to warn people early to prevent this. Sorry for trying to help. Next time a security patch is out, I will be quiet and move on.

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE XL Running Sense 4.1

gpo1956

Mar 6, 2012
Russellville, Ar USA
Well if you read the thread. I tried to warn people early to prevent this. Sorry for trying to help. Next time a security patch is out, I will be quiet and move on.

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE XL Running Sense 4.1

Cmon Xs. I had faith that you were the one developer who would stay above all the ego bs and not fall into the "get your feelings hurt and pout" trap that seems so prevalent. I really admire all the work you do and especially the attitude you exhibit doing it, such as your sense of humor and humility. You're the only dev that I would WANT to applaud or contribute to, instead of constantly feeling like I'm being pressured to. Keep up the good work, and please stay above all this.

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
If you want to get back to stock but still be able to root, unlock bootloader, etc then no not this RUU. Use the 1.85 RUU. I assume you already have supercid if you got the phone unlocked etc.

Here is the 1.85 RUU: This will get you back to 100% stock. With options such as root, unlockable bootloader etc available after. If you dont care about any of that and dont want to mod your phone but be on the latest firmware etc then yes you can use this RUU. Remember though there is no root for 2.20 yet so you would be stuck ( presumably ) until a root exploit is found.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1670238&highlight=+stock+

the download links in there are gone.

i have 1.85 and cleanrom and unlocked, rooted. still not clear to me if installing 2.2 OTA will bring me to stock unrooted and relocked bootloader and not show cleanrom.

my HOX wont read my new sim card and have to exchange it. trying to go back to stock and stupidly didnt backup my stock ROM before flashing CleanRom :/

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
an easier question might be, can i just download 2.2 without relocking bootloader?

Ok so you want to be 100% stock right. Do you ever want to root etc again? If no then you can re lock the bootloader and run the 2.20 ruu. Warning doing this if you do not have super cid will result in no root etc on 2.20 if you have super cid you can then unlock etc later if you so choose.

Reactions: erwaso and lotsspam

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
Ok so you want to be 100% stock right. Do you ever want to root etc again? If no then you can re lock the bootloader and run the 2.20 ruu. Warning doing this if you do not have super cid will result in no root etc on 2.20 if you have super cid you can then unlock etc later if you so choose.

Thanks eraste. Needed to do that to exchange my HOX with busted sim reader. Your directions are right on.

Sent from my HTC One X

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
the download links in there are gone.

i have 1.85 and cleanrom and unlocked, rooted. still not clear to me if installing 2.2 OTA will bring me to stock unrooted and relocked bootloader and not show cleanrom.

my HOX wont read my new sim card and have to exchange it. trying to go back to stock and stupidly didnt backup my stock ROM before flashing CleanRom :/

You should lock bootloader and just run the 1.85 ruu. If something happens with your exchange you do not want to be stuck with 2.20.

abhishek jain

Jul 14, 2007

Sir,

I am in deep trouble and not able to find a solution anywhere. I have AT&T HTC ONE X with following specs:
android version is 4.0.4
Sense version is 4.0
Software number is 2.20.502.7 710RD
SDK 4.23
Extension version 4.3_1_GA_20
Kernel 3.0.8-01558-g7f5e5b root@ABM009#1 SMP PREEMPT
Baseband 0.19as.32.09.11_2_110.105.32.25L
Build number 2.20.502.7
Browser version Webkit/534.30

My rear camera is just nor working.
When I switch on the cam, it automatically goes to front cam.

Did a hard reset and also reinstallation of RUU 2.20

Pls guide me , how to get my camera working

bimmernut318

Sep 1, 2011
Panama City, FL US
Sir,

I am in deep trouble and not able to find a solution anywhere. I have AT&T HTC ONE X with following specs:
android version is 4.0.4
Sense version is 4.0
Software number is 2.20.502.7 710RD
SDK 4.23
Extension version 4.3_1_GA_20
Kernel 3.0.8-01558-g7f5e5b root@ABM009#1 SMP PREEMPT
Baseband 0.19as.32.09.11_2_110.105.32.25L
Build number 2.20.502.7
Browser version Webkit/534.30

My rear camera is just nor working.
When I switch on the cam, it automatically goes to front cam.

Did a hard reset and also reinstallation of RUU 2.20

Pls guide me , how to get my camera working

Warranty replacement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the RUU for the OTA ATT 2.20 update.

Warning if you use this RUU you cannot go back to a lower RUU ( 1.85, etc ) or lower firmware as the HbOOTS are different! This is more for us that have already done the update. This will help us get back to stock if something goes foul.

There is no benefit for anyone to run this RUU as of now until root, etc is sorted out. Like I said for now mainly for us that already updated.

Thanks to scrolser for the link and DvineLord for initial find

Issues:*
    1. If you update you will get a newer hboot, you may not be able to use other older ruu's such as 1.85, etc. Recommend immediately making a backup once rooted, unlocked, etc.*
    2. Updating results in boot.IMG from custom roms not being flashed again. Have to flash the boot.IMG of custom Rom in fastboot as before.*
    3. Radio.img will not flash on new hboot either must be done in fastboot same as boot.img.

HTC One X for AT&T ROM Update | 8.02.2012
    Starting August 2nd 2012, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC One X.

This update will only be available for AT&T HTC One X customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home > All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates.
    As an alternative solution, the system update can be downloaded to a PC and manually applied to the device. See the section at the bottom of these instructions for more information.
    This system update includes:

New features:

NFC Capabilities
    Additional content added to HTC Hub
    Third party music applications accessible from the Car application.

Fixes/Updates:

Wi-Fi connectivity fixes
    Improved Bluetooth automobile compatibility
    3G/4G connectivity improvements
    HTC Sense fixes
    Contacts synchronization fix
    Network time fix (clock displays 30 minutes off)

WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!

Getting Started
    Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:

Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
    Connect the device to a charger
    Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
    Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to download the software file.

Installation instructions
    To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:

From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
    Tap AT&T Software Update.
    Tap Check for updates.
    Tap OK to download the update.
    After you select your method of download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi or Data fee warning message. If this is acceptable, tap OK to start the upgrade process.
    Status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
    Once the download is complete, the user will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down. Tap the System update to begin the upgrade process.
    Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.20.502.7.
    Device will reboot and begin installation. Users will not be able to use their device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
    System update complete. Tap OK to continue

Manual system update instructions:
    If you are outside of AT&T/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update.

Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.

Performing the ROM Update:

Download and save the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
    Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. NOTE: You must have HTC Sync Manager installed on your PC in order to run the update.
    NOTE: If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/us/support/.
    Ensure the device is properly recognized on the PC, then locate the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
    Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
    Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
    Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
    Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.

Download

portions of this post copyright HTC 2012. All rights reserved to them.
    Someone rated the thread poorly. Thats real encouraging to new upcoming devs, moders, etc. Hurt my feelings LMAO j/k. Everyone starts somewhere. :cool:
    Thank you for not using File Factory haha
    Well, it's not that bad really. As long as you have supercid you can unlock your bootloader again, install twrp recovery, and go back to flashing custom roms. You simply lose the ability to flash kernels within recovery, instead having to revert to doing it in fastboot. Honestly it isn't that much of an inconvenience.

yea thats fine if you know how, but why make everyones life harder when this upgrade is older then the asia 2.23.

its just going to make a lot of un needed posts to developers asking why the rom dont boot and so on. Run this ruu and it will cause more problems then anyone needs. As well as set you back from any S-Off development.

But that is my warning. Just saying, i cant see it from my house, my phone flashes
    kernels just fine and always will. One Stop flashing.