Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 ~ gfreek edition V6 - Development on HOLD!!

Search This thread

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Update: 25/04/2010 Sorry everyone due to my current heavy workload, I just don't have the time to focus on this, so with that in mind I'm putting development on HOLD until I have ample free time to resume again!:(

In the mean time if anyone else want's to continue development with this please feel free to do so!:):

Update 15/02/10: Ok guys after putting up the screenshot of the V6 Final with the new battery icon, I can see some of you don't like it therefore I have decided to attach V6 TEST 5 so that you can actually see how the icons really look on the device because IMHO the screenshot doesn't do justice to the new battery icons!

If after V6 TEST 5 the general consensus is that the new battery icon is a NO, then for the Final release I will revert to the V5 Battery Icon and the numerical battery icon!

Also this time when you install the V6 Test 5 cab the START text will be displayed, if you don't wont that then install attached NO START Text patch!;)

P.S> This is only for GSM not compatible with CDMA!

Although V6 is for HD2 users, I think it should be compatible for any WVGA Devices using WWE ROM's so it should work on Touch HD, TP2 and Diamond 2.

Changelog Version 6:
- Works best with HD2 1.66 WWE ROM
- 2 Versions with or without START Text being displayed
- HTC Volume Overlay Fixed
- Added Green Overlay to appear in other Apps i.e. Core Player, Opera, Resco Photo Manager etc...
- Battery Bug Fixed
- New Airplane Mode Icon*
- New Roaming Icon
- Updated Data Icons G,3G,and H
- SIM Pin Pad Graphic error Fixed
- New Cleaner Battery Icon
- New Speaker Icon's
- Cleaned a lot of the files

To Do:
- Finish off CDMA version!

*Please Note: you will sometimes get Airplane icon appear when there is no signal present, this is normal, it's not a bug it's how the OS calls on this icon when no signal being recieved by the phone!

Please ignore below Screenshot as this will NOT be the Final version!!!:
screenshotqo.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: THIS TASKBAR IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE For ROM's based on WM6.5.X for that version look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=625465

Last edited:

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 ~ gfreek edition Version 5a/b!!!

Version 5a = New Battery Icon
Version 5b = Old Numerical Battery icon

Brians WM6.5 Taskbar - gfreek edition Version 5a/b Change log:

- BT Stereo Headset mask fixed!
- BT Wireless Stereo Icon
- MMS Icons Fixed
- Nicer 3G, HSPA, GPRS Data Connection added thanks to Spike and Eac!
- New Speaker Icons
- Vibrate Icons
- New Signal Bars
- New Battery Icon with big percentage numbers that can be read clearly from a distance!
- Old numerical Battery Icon for Version 5b
- New File explorer folder and Storage Card* icons that match default wm6.5 folders
- CDMA compatibility**

*due to the limitation of the wm6.5 handling any icons that reside in the shellres.192.dll you cannot put any fancy folder icon’s example with drop shadows and angles as they look very blocky and poor so I have stuck with the default wm6.5 folders icons although still not that great they look ok! I did experiment with other folder icons which also looked good but decided against it because some of you guys might not like it!!

**I’m not 100% sure that all the CDMA icons have been done as I’m in the UK so those that use CDMA please confirm if it’s working for you if not post screenshot of icon issue and I will try to fix it!;)

Tested and working fully with Duttys HD WM6.5 R6 Turbo and Miri WM 6.5 23004 :: V 23.0:D

Note: Please uninstall any previous versions or any other custom taskbar before installing this and as always install attached sdkcerts.cab before installing, if you have already done so then NO need!

Screenshot:
screenshotuwm.jpg

Download Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?yijkzyhgmuz
Download Link 2: A-H_Brians's WM6.5 Taskbar ~ gfreek edition V5a.zip

Alternative Mirror thanks to shawcyn!:) http://www.homeserver.com.my/download/wm/gfreek/

For matching taskmanager dropdown icon there is a workaround solution look here: http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=231

For Version 5b go to post #2!!!

P.S. For those who have the battery percentage not in sync with your notification manager i.e. there is a discrepency of 1% then do the following:
go to registry HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps and change the DWORD value of "BatteryIconsLevels" from 101 to 102 and soft reset, battery level will now be in sync with system battery monitor orinstall the attached cab fix!;)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR WM 6.5 ROM's SO WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY ON WM 6.1 ROM's! FOR WM 6.1 get Spikes excellent taskbar here: Spike's ~ 6.1 MicNeo TaskBar Varients

Special thanks to InsecureSpike and m6silver, you guys are amazing!!:)

Known issue with some ROM’s when installing this taskbar:
The start logo, signal and other icons do not change this is because this taskbar works well with WWE ROM’s that call on the taskbar file shellres.192.dll in windows folder for these icons, if you are using a ROM that calls on shellres.192.dll.0409.mui if it’s English ordepending on the language you have on your ROM that 0409 number could be different example 0410 etc...then not all the icon’s will change!!!

This can be fixed after installing this taskbar go to windows folder of your device and you should see these 2 files shellres.192.dll and shellres.192.dll.0409.mui first rename shellres.192.dll.0409.mui toshellres.192.dll.0409.mui_z andthenrename the shellres.192.dll to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui in the windows folder of your device using either Total Commander or Resco File explorer soft reset that should do the trick! If this sounds complicated then post here with the name of that file in the windows folder of your device example shellres.192.dll.0409.mui or whatever it is then I can post a cab fix here!;)

Same as above version but with the old battery icon!!!

Screenshot:
screenshothvq.jpg

Download Link1: http://www.mediafire.com/?mm5nmuzlm3y

Dowload Link2: http://www.4shared.com/file/119011479/2ee43974/A-H_Brianss_WM65_Taskbar__gfreek_edition_V5b.html

P.S. As some of you have requested I have also attached the System Font I'm using, I hope you guys like it if not you can uninstall it!;)

Attachments

• sdkcert.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 4,267
Last edited:

piccolopunto

Jul 17, 2008
hey gfreek..

I really like your fix!! And thank you very much!

But it doesn't seem to work on Dutty's 3.3..

Maybe someone else can confirm what I've experienced?

I used the sdkcert which you attached but still not working correctly..

Here's a screenshot to show you what I get shown..

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 7,288

piccolopunto

Jul 17, 2008
Ups.. my fault..

Sorry for that.. But would it be possible to make this work on 6.1?

Thanks in advance!

Greetz piccolopunto

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
hey gfreek..

I really like your fix!! And thank you very much!

But it doesn't seem to work on Dutty's 3.3..

Maybe someone else can confirm what I've experienced?

I used the sdkcert which you attached but still not working correctly..

Here's a screenshot to show you what I get shown..

As I use WM 6.5 Rom on my HD so sorry this version of Brians Taskbar is only for WM 6.5 ROM so will not work Dutty's WM 6.1 v3.3, the taskbar .dlls files on WM 6.5 are different from WM 6.1!!

I'll see if I still have the old Brians WM 6.1 Taskbar Icons on my laptop no promises but I'll try to fix the icons and will post it here!;)

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
That would be awesome! Thank You very much..

Ok piccolopunto I managed to find the old Brians WM 6.1 Taskbar files and have edited the Start, OK and X buttons! not 100% sure if it will work so can you please test and report back! many thanks!

I tried to upload the cab here but for some reason it doesn't upload? so can you download from here: LINK REMOVED! cab does not work sorry!!!

Last edited:

jaypeev_9

Jul 30, 2008
California
Hi there... I just installed the taskbar icon and i love it! However is it possible to change the color from green to blue? Like in the signal bar, bluetooth icon and wifi... And I hope there will be an icon when you beam a file. Thanks!

Last edited:

piccolopunto

Jul 17, 2008
Sorry man bad news.. it doesn't work.

Everything is the same as in 6.5 version..

I did check twice and I'm sure i did install the one you've uploaded..

I'm confused..

But thank you very much for the effort..

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Sorry man bad news.. it doesn't work.

But thank you very much for the effort..

Thanks for testing it! just want to clarify does it install ok and you get graphic icon errors? or it just does not install at all?

Sorry piccolopunto if I was using a WM 6.1 rom I know I could get to the root of the problem and fix it!!

I would recommend you to try a WM 6.5 rom trust me it's now a lot stable then a few months ago it's comea long since then! I'm using miri's v14 wm 6.5 with no problems at all and this is someone who would religously would use only Dutty's ROM's on a daily base not to long ago!!