Remote app removed, please help

Search This thread

doctorpunch

Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so flame away if I'm screwing up right off the bat...

I have a Sony Table S Model SGBT112US/S. I just did the latest Android OS update (4.0.0 (release5a)) and the remote app was completely removed. Calls and chats with Sony resulted in doing 2 factory resets, no dice. Does anyone have a DL file for the app? I tried Touchsquid as an alternative and it didn't work at all. Many thanks in advance.

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so flame away if I'm screwing up right off the bat...

I have a Sony Table S Model SGBT112US/S. I just did the latest Android OS update (4.0.0 (release5a)) and the remote app was completely removed. Calls and chats with Sony resulted in doing 2 factory resets, no dice. Does anyone have a DL file for the app? I tried Touchsquid as an alternative and it didn't work at all. Many thanks in advance.
Remote Control apk files from /vendor/app/ folder. Download irremote.zip from 4shared HERE. If you do not have a 4shared account, create one, it is free. The irremote.zip file contains irremote.apk, irremoteapiservice.apk, and irremoteservice.apk.

Reactions: afshin3k3

doctorpunch

Dec 23, 2012
Thanks, but when I downloaded, unzipped(w/AndroZip) and installed it just freezes. Should I DL to my computer first then transfer via USB?

doctorpunch

Dec 23, 2012
When I plugged it into my computer via USB I couldn't even find the /vendor/app/ folder, am I screwing something up?

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
Thanks, but when I downloaded, unzipped(w/AndroZip) and installed it just freezes. Should I DL to my computer first then transfer via USB?
When I plugged it into my computer via USB I couldn't even find the /vendor/app/ folder, am I screwing something up?
Before I go into too much detail, tell me: Do you have root access on your tablet? Also, have you installed an app like ES File Manager or Root Explorer?

Reactions: Aronne23

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
I apologize for taking so long to get back with you. Truth be told, I forgot. Anyway...

The three apk files for the Remote Control app should be located the following directories.

/vendor/app/
/datapp/vendor/vendor0/app/
/datapp/vendor/vendor1/app/

Extract the files from irremote.zip, copy them into each directory, and reboot your tablet. After reboot, the Remote Control app should be installed.

doctorpunch

Dec 23, 2012
I apologize for taking so long to get back with you. Truth be told, I forgot. Anyway...

The three apk files for the Remote Control app should be located the following directories.

/vendor/app/

Extract the files from irremote.zip, copy them into each directory, and reboot your tablet. After reboot, the Remote Control app should be installed.

No dice, it just says "file cannot be moved"

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012

That is probably because the directories are mounted as r/o and ES File Explorer cannot get past that. So, instead of using ES File Explorer, use Root Explorer to first mount the directories as r/w (via button in upper left corner of Root Explorer's screen) and then copy the files to the directories. After copying the files to the directories, re-mount the directories as r/o (again via button in upper left corner of Root Explorer's screen).

birdy_mladostcity

Apr 22, 2013
Do you know where to put files for Xperia Tablet S, because i also want back the IR Remote Control, and do the same files work with XTS?

I don't have the same folder directories as Sony Tablet S

Thanks in advance!

smgdev

Jan 13, 2013
Ankara
Do you know where to put files for Xperia Tablet S, because i also want back the IR Remote Control, and do the same files work with XTS?

I don't have the same folder directories as Sony Tablet S

Thanks in advance!

If you have root access, find the apk, put it under /system/app directory, and give 655 permission then reboot.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Edit: Oh dude, i thought it is first page, you got the problem already. Sorry.:D:D

Last edited:

Aronne23

May 11, 2016
Sony Tablet S IRRemote files

Hallo, I know I'm quite late with this thread, however I still need these 3 files

irremote.apk, irremoteapiservice.apk, and irremoteservice.apk

for recovering my infrared connection. I got a link from this thread, but it is not usable anymore.
Can somebody tell me where I can get them from ?

Thank you in advance !

Aronne

Aronne23

May 11, 2016
Sony Tablet S IR control

All right,
I found all three files, put all of them in the right directories and restarted the tablet.

Result: operating the remote control app I have absolutely no signal coming out from the LED (flashing light checked with digital camera).
Am i missing some other files or signal code ??

Thanks, cheers

Aronne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Remote Control apk files from /vendor/app/ folder. Download irremote.zip from 4shared HERE. If you do not have a 4shared account, create one, it is free. The irremote.zip file contains irremote.apk, irremoteapiservice.apk, and irremoteservice.apk.
    Before I go into too much detail, tell me: Do you have root access on your tablet? Also, have you installed an app like ES File Manager or Root Explorer?

/vendor/app/

That is probably because the directories are mounted as r/o and ES File Explorer cannot get past that. So, instead of using ES File Explorer, use Root Explorer to first mount the directories as r/w (via button in upper left corner of Root Explorer's screen) and then copy the files to the directories. After copying the files to the directories, re-mount the directories as r/o (again via button in upper left corner of Root Explorer's screen).