Yalls thoghts on the LG G3 not receiving the 805

Search This thread

MIKEYG86

Aug 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa
Just for lulz what are yalls thoughts on the LG G3 not receiving the Snapdragom 805 SOC?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

turdbogls

not a deal breaker for me. the SD 800 would be enough for any typical user IMO.

the main benefits of the 805 (from my minimal research) is graphics performance....something I am not concerned with in the least bit.

32GB/3GB RAM version would be awesome.....and should be future proof enough for me. I'm a gadget whore, so it wouldn't be with me more than 2 years either way, but its nice to know it COULD last longer if I needed it to.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The 805 is not a good phone SoC, it doesn't have an integrated radio. Sure it would have been nice to get the Adreno 430, but not at the cost of a slower radio, less battery life and a bigger phone.

801 is perfectly fine, people just assume the 330 can't handle a QHD resolution for some reason, even though it supports higher resolutions than that. Those people should at least wait for indepth reviews before making assumptions about the capabilities of these components.

The 805 is not a good phone SoC, it doesn't have an integrated radio.

Really?

From Qualcomm's website.

Modem:
Gobi™ True 4G LTE World Mode, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA, CDMA1x, EV-DO, TD-SCDMA and GSM3
Allows LTE Category 6 data rates of up to 300 Mbps download
First to support 40MHz LTE Advanced CA on both LTE TDD and LTE FDD duplexing modes

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

801 is ok, but the resolution is not ok - too big for 801.

As BobBarker2 stated, even the Snapdragon 800 (or more specifically, the Adreno 330) is capable of 2160p

Reactions: i9100g user

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
It doesn't have a modem on the die they have to put another chip in the phone ... Not enough room on the soc ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401301885310.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401301885310.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 747
Reactions: 3's&7's

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
You will definitely see phones with the 805 processor later this year. Saying it isn't a phone processor, or is tablet only, is just flat out wrong.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the 801, at all. But let's not talk a bunch of BS either.

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Just lower resolution down to 1080p and it will rip through everything

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SOCOM-HERO

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Why do people keep posting about the 805. It isn't meant for phones, it is a tablet processor. This isn't even relevant to the G3 so stop posting about it.

Why do people keep posting about the 805. It isn't meant for phones, it is a tablet processor. This isn't even relevant to the G3 so stop posting about it.

Don't be so aggressive with your responses, especially if you have nothing to contribute! If you are not interested in the topic, you simply have to look elsewhere. I am asking questions about the 805 in the hopes of gaining knowledge about it. The advancement of knowledge is, after all, the primary reason for participation in a public forum.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The block diagram shows it being on die. Did they move it? I thought that was only happening on the 808/810

Dude.. read what you are posting. Notice how there's no LTE on the die? It's just the Wifi/BT/FM/USB, the modem is on a separate die. Now go look at the 801 die picture. See how it says 4G LTE Advanced on the die? That's an integrated modem.

So like I said previously, you need to read more carefully - especially when you're trying to erroneously correct someone. If you did a simple google search something like "805 integrated modem" would have saved so many posts.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have NEVER met a single person in the real world who said they would or wouldn't buy a phone based on what processor is in it...

Are you guys trying to run a nuclear power plant with your smart phone, or just make calls/text/email/surf/listen to music/play an occasional game?

What could you POSSIBLY need/want to do with your phone, that the current processor can't handle??
    The 805 is not a good phone SoC, it doesn't have an integrated radio. Sure it would have been nice to get the Adreno 430, but not at the cost of a slower radio, less battery life and a bigger phone.

801 is perfectly fine, people just assume the 330 can't handle a QHD resolution for some reason, even though it supports higher resolutions than that. Those people should at least wait for indepth reviews before making assumptions about the capabilities of these components.
    What could you POSSIBLY need/want to do with your phone, that the current processor can't handle??

Benchmarks. Lots of them.
    I have NEVER met a single person in the real world who said they would or wouldn't buy a phone based on what processor is in it...

Are you guys trying to run a nuclear power plant with your smart phone, or just make calls/text/email/surf/listen to music/play an occasional game?

I have said this before and I will say it again. The smartphone industry has become just like the computer industry was and in some ways still is. It's all about who has the newest this and that and which number is higher. It's what's driving the market in the first place. Half of the people that own the S5 probably don't even use the features of the phone that actually make it worth using. And that's just a speculation BTW.

Another thing that is so damn stupid here on xda, is the amount of benchmarks this and benchmarks that. What the bomboclath benchmark have to be run on a phone for?! It makes calls and shoots videos and plays games. No need for a benchmark. Most of us here probably aren't even power users, and simply love customizing the phones. But still who cares about benchmarks. The Samsung infuse is still fast and it's old as heck!

Sent from my C6833_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Dude.. read what you are posting. Notice how there's no LTE on the die? It's just the Wifi/BT/FM/USB, the modem is on a separate die. Now go look at the 801 die picture. See how it says 4G LTE Advanced on the die? That's an integrated modem.

So like I said previously, you need to read more carefully - especially when you're trying to erroneously correct someone. If you did a simple google search something like "805 integrated modem" would have saved so many posts.

I wasn't correcting anyone, I was asking a damn question (did you see the question mark?).

Secondly, of course I could google for it: if I knew what i was googling for. As I said earlier, isn't gaining knowledge from others supposed to be what forums are for!

Thirdly, the connectivity area on the block diagram is annotated with the words
    Stay connected and stream
    large files fast with industry
    leading connectivity,
    including the world's most
    advanced 4G LTE and
    Qualcomm® VIVE™ 2-stream
    802.11ac Wi-Fi
    I was attempting to ascertain the validity of this annotation! I have since found out (by asking the same question on a different forum) that a qualcomm part with the prefix 'aqp' refers to one without a modem

XDA used to be a friendly place to talk about technology. Can anyone answer a question without hurling abuse? The attitudes around here are just shocking.

addendum: I just found references to a MSM8984, which is the modem carrying version of the AQP8984