[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread
May 22, 2008
Cairo
How to

I downloaded the 9.2 Version but the downloaded file name was CRC_r9.2.7z is there another part that i should download to be complete ..? how can i install this file...?

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Hmm that's what I found when I was trying this out, I ended up sticking to the 10.4 version which is a development one, I have a jasjam so I had to download the configurator from the club imate site. ... hmm what model handset and what radio are you running? His development ROM runs beautifully on the latest herms radio.

I'm new to the phone. I've only had it a week. I read the ROM guide, flashed hard-spl, then tried the ROMs. I never updated my radio. I am using an AT&T 8525. Now with the Official ROM. :mad: The radio version reports as 1.54.07.00. Can the radio be updated seerate from the phone? Or will the new ROM include a new radio?

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
I'll give it a try

I followed the link to the radio in your signature. I will reflash the 6.1 ROM and see how that works for me.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
YAY!!!

zocster-

Thanks, it works great now, with the new radio. I was hesitant at first to mess with the radio after reading some of the threads, but no problems, and now I can have the ROM I want and surf the internet too. They say you can't have the cake and eat it too. I can now! :D

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Great to hear don't forget to donate if you like it :) to CRC i mean :)

I honestly wish people did donate. While I'm not doing this to gain anything personally, there are many tools that would make my job much, much easier that I would be able to purchase.

On my "to buy" list is currently:
  1. A second HTC Hermes for testing. This allows me to actually use my device as a phone and keep it working so work can contact me. (~$400AU)
  2. License for WinCE Cab Manager (~$99US)
  3. Bluetooth headset or stereo to test A2DP & BT Handsfree profiles ($??)
  4. probably more.

Now the really interesting part is when you start playing with numbers. At the moment, I have received $51.93AU in donations which sits in it's own paypal account waiting for enough funds for a purchase.

Lets compare this with downloads. To make the figures easier to work with, we'll call each ROM 37Mb. We'll also only count 1 of the 3 mirrors available for download:
* Jan 2008 - 544 downloads, 20.1Gb
* Feb 2008 - 15969 downloads, 558.9Gb
* Mar 2008 - 4552 downloads, 159.3Gb
* Apr 2008 - 7333 downloads, 256.6Gb
* May 2008 - 5336 downloads, 186.8Gb

Now remember, as this is only 1 of 3 mirror sites, at a safe bet, I'd say double these figures. So as a summary, even at 1 cent per download, I would have easily purchased all of the tools I need. So far, I've received $51.93 - not even enough to pay for the bandwidth used ;)

Now while I'm not saying everyone must donate - as I know it is not possible for some people, it would certainly make my life easier having the correct tools. I'm not holding my breath though ;)

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
I can't believe that your fans show so little support for your effort. Let's get behind CRC and provide the financial incentives that his work deserves. I made my donation last week and thought that CRC would have his development device by now.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
I appreciate your ROM

I donated through Paypal, I am in america, I don't know how the converson works. It's for $15, but I don't know if that is AUD or USD.

I picked up my Hermes on eBay for $200 USD. It's an AT&T 8525. I know you said you have the TyTN keyboard layout, but if it's only for development try the AT&T version. It doesn't have a front facing camera, but other that that the keyboard is the only change. You ROM loaded beautifully on it.

Thanks again!

artisticcheese

Aug 26, 2003
www.unixsucks.com
It should be down the bottom? A green vertical thing? at least that's what I got on my jasjam?

It works now, it just shows only on today screen not while any other program is launched. How do I get rid of that bar on bottom which shows battery status?
I other ROMs there were a file called tray_launch.lnk under Windows\startup but I can not see it in this ROM. I'm really need to get rid of that bar which currently shows battery and bluetooth icons.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)