[ROM]Liberated Aria 2.2.2

Search This thread

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
Thanks, Gene. I might go ahead and try it sometime just as a sign of respect for you work :).

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
Sorry Gene it was post #113.

Here it is, but I tested it and it is fixed at 480MHz for minimum freq. This is straight out of the HTC RUU but wrapped in Koush's "Any Kernel" loader:

http://hoxnet.com/droid/stock_aria_2...nel_update.zip

The stock kernel has a frequency table that goes down to as low as 19.2MHz, but it won't run in interactive mode below 480. You can't change any of this with setcpu so this is probably what you are seeing. Here's the changes I made to the table for OC kernel:

https://github.com/hoxsiew/hoxnet_liberty-MR-2.6.32-gc9b792/commits/

Nothing should effect wifi though. Are you sure you're running the right Settings.apk (see first post for an explanation)?

montego

Jan 22, 2009
Worked like a charm. Many thanks to you.

Also thanks to tpbklake for being very patient with me yesterday trying to figure that out.
found the ATT set <boolean name="unknown_sources_visibility" value="false" />
entry in "\system\customize\CID\default.xml" looks like these default.xml files under customize are what set most of the ATT specific settings/restrictions on initial boot.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
entry in "\system\customize\CID\default.xml" looks like these default.xml files under customize are what set most of the ATT specific settings/restrictions on initial boot.

That sounds right.

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL

OMG! Thank you so much! I've been digging through baksmali'd code looking for where it the heck that stuff was and it's been staring me right in the face.

Czaro

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
thanks I have my aria rooted i am using cm7 so if i understood well i have to install first the Fr008 then install this right?

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
Gene's tha man!

Thanks for this ROM Gene. CM7 was waaaaay to involved for my wife to use but this fits the bill perfectly. I got an Inspire yesterday and passed my Aria on to her.

Thank you so much for your time in making a "stocker" that she can use but still allows goodies that ATT doesn't want us to have.

Tx

acimmarusti

Jan 31, 2011
I've tried most roms for the aria. So far the only that really really worked well with it (in my opinion) was Liberated Aria R012. But now that I've tried your rom Gene, I'm ready to finally settle for it.

It's well tuned, battery life is fantastic compared to FR008, CM6, CM7 and even R012. Signal strength is great. Thank you very much for your work!

I hope tether continues to work fine, because this is a great feature. The only thing I don't know how to set up with your rom is apps2sd.

With R012 or FR008, all I did was 'a2sd check' as root on a terminal emulator and was good to go with my pre-partitioned sdcard (with a 512 Mb ext3 partition + 32 mb swap). Those roms were using Darktremor's a2sd. Are there any plans of implementing this in your rom as well? if not, I've heard froyo brings apps2sd support... how do you make this work? I've also heard it's slow and unreliable when using fat32.

The other question I had was: is there a way to disable the annoying top bar messages ('AT&T' or 'Airplane mode is on', etc)?

Thanks again for your work.

Andres

Nutshell69

Nov 1, 2010
giving this one a run at it :)

*** EDIT ***

Easy install

so far - so good -

only thing that is a bother for me is the Market Place - has that bloody 'ATT' section :(

Last edited:

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
I've tried most roms for the aria. So far the only that really really worked well with it (in my opinion) was Liberated Aria R012. But now that I've tried your rom Gene, I'm ready to finally settle for it.

It's well tuned, battery life is fantastic compared to FR008, CM6, CM7 and even R012. Signal strength is great. Thank you very much for your work!

I hope tether continues to work fine, because this is a great feature. The only thing I don't know how to set up with your rom is apps2sd.

With R012 or FR008, all I did was 'a2sd check' as root on a terminal emulator and was good to go with my pre-partitioned sdcard (with a 512 Mb ext3 partition + 32 mb swap). Those roms were using Darktremor's a2sd. Are there any plans of implementing this in your rom as well? if not, I've heard froyo brings apps2sd support... how do you make this work? I've also heard it's slow and unreliable when using fat32.

The other question I had was: is there a way to disable the annoying top bar messages ('AT&T' or 'Airplane mode is on', etc)?

Thanks again for your work.

Andres

I haven't tried gene's rom, so I am not speaking from experience, but I would suspect you could flash dark tremor's a2sd over it, and be fine (i was doing this on cm6 and cm7). I don't have the link handy, but there is a thread in one of the aria forums here.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

cHarley04

Dec 21, 2010
FloriDuh
Gene, sorry if I missed something something while trying all the different great Aria ROMs, but I decided to load this ROM on a spare Aria I have and give it a try.

First, no problem installing over FR008. But while I was at it, I decided to flash gapps 20110307 at the same time and when I tried to open Gmail I just get a quick screen flash and a return to the home screen. I've since done a nandroid restore of FR008 (which included gapps 20110115) and then re-flashed this ROM without updating gapps, and everything is OK.

Again, sorry if this is a bit of a noob thing, but should gapps 20110307 run with this ROM?

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
No, the separate gapps packages are not designed to be used with Sense ROMs. (Also the 20110307 gapps package is for Gingerbread only.)

Last edited:

jeebuz

Nov 29, 2010
The Liberated ROMs should already have GApps within the ROM package itself. No need to flash any GApps.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Reactions: greenmonsterland

cHarley04

Dec 21, 2010
FloriDuh
No, the separate gapps packages are not designed to be used with Sense ROMs. (Also the 20110307 gapps package is for Gingerbread only.)

The Liberated ROMs should already have GApps within the ROM package itself. No need to flash any GApps.

OK, thanks to both of you. I guess I'm trying to go in too many directions at the same time with the different ROMs to keep all of this straight. :eek:

nuttkrakk

Mar 14, 2008
Is there a fix for these:

1. Market app to show "My Apps" instead of "AT&T"?
2. "AT&T" in notification bar.
3. Remove "AT&T Hotspot"

Aside from this, is this rom compatible with UOT?
Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Liberated Aria 2.2.2 final

This is a moderately modified version of the stock HTC Aria AT&T Android 2.2.2 ROM. It has root, busybox, ro.secure=0 and some nice root utils (Superuser, etc.) and the stupid AT&T bloat has been removed. It also features a kernel that supports overclocking and has a few other tweaks to make it more efficient. This is a great rooted replacement for the stock ROM if you like HTC Sense, otherwise, Cyanogen has a very good CM7 version for the aria. You might like that better.

At this point in time, it is unlikely that HTC will offer any official updates for Aria. I consider Aria orphaned by HTC and this is probably going to be my last "Liberated" update for the Aria unless some bugs are found in this release.

[update] 11-Jan-2012: No CIQ in this ROM.

http://hoxnet.com/droid/hoxnet_aria_liberated_final.zip
    MD5: 9f94eabd90d08563397bb26d95a859d0

Copy this to your SDCard and install via recovery. All caveats apply: backup with nandroid and titanium first. Delete cache and dalvik. Should install fine over existing data partitions, but it never hurts to have a titanium backup of your market apps to be sure.

Some users are having issues with installing this over an existing FR008 or R012. I have tried it several ways and it has worked for me, but if you get a boot loop, then you will probably have to do a data wipe to get this to work. If you must wipe data, you can use Market apps like MyBackup, Titanium Backup or Astro to backup all your apps to minimize the fallout from a data wipe.
    OP updated. New ROM released.
    New ROM is up (posted in the first post of this thread). Let me know how it works out. This may be the last beta.
    Slight misunderstanding.
    I was saying that what I was experiencing corroborates your post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11737468&postcount=49
    as well as tpbklake's post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11737669&postcount=50

Coming from CM7, I made sure to wipe everything--even did it all 2x b/c of the USB cable thing--and "untrusted sources" and Wireless Tether were options upon first boot! I was aware of the settings patch and the APN thing, but didn't need either.

I should have been clearer about the FCs. They were only on Google Apps, and I now realized, directly as a result of flashing Gapps.

So, something is going on and it can't just be user error. I know all 3 of us have flashed more than a few ROMs and know how to wipe properly.

I'm still confused. What IS happening and what are you expecting to happen?

My first posting of a "liberated" ROM based on HTC 2.2.2 RUU (hoxnet_liberated_hfr001b.zip) was not really anything but a "stock" version that could be applied without the new HBOOT that renders your phone unrootable.

The second (hoxnet_liberated_hfr002b.zip), was more in the "liberated" tradition of ATTN1 whereby AT$T bloat was removed, Settings.apk and framework-res.apk were patched so that tethering and sideloading were supported.

Both would install over existing R012 and/or FR008 or from a clean wipe (but not any of the CM ROMs apparently). If installed over an existing version, all settings and apps are retained. If installed from a clean wipe, 001b would install just like the stock AT$T with sideloading disabled and tethering gimped whereas 002b would "liberate" these options. In the case of 002b, it was found that the Settings.apk fix caused problems with the wifi settings and so I added the patch to replace it with the original Settings.apk. I kept the 002b and the setting patch separate so that one could still install 002b on a data-wiped device and get the "liberated" features, then install the patch to fix the wifi issues. You retain ALL the "liberated" features after installing the settings patch.

With luck, I should be able to work out a 003b sometime that has all the "liberated" functionality but doesn't require the multiple steps.

So if there's any confusion, here's the steps to install this:

1. Upgrading from R012, FR008, or stock rooted 2.1:

a. boot to clockwork recovery
    b. Install hoxnet_liberated_hfr002b.zip
    c. while still in clockwork, install update_settings_apk_222.zip
    d. reboot and have fun.
    2. From a complete data wipe:

a. boot to clockwork recovery
    b. Install hoxnet_liberated_hfr002b.zip
    c. reboot phone and follow all steps in the setup wizard.
    d. reboot to recovery.
    e. install update_settings_apk_222.zip
    f. reboot and have fun.

Edit: updated the first post with this information as well.
    For anyone concerned, here's a flashable zip with the original radio.img as shipped by HTC for the Aria:

http://hoxnet.com/droid/update_HTC_Aria_for_ATT_original_2.1_Radio_Image.zip