(GUIDE) How To S-Off and ROOT Aria 2.2.2

Search This thread

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Install Clockwork Recovery
Download CWM 2.5.0.1 OR CWM 2.5.1.7 Off-Mode(no annoying recovery screen while charging)
Download Android Flasher

1- Extract Clockwork Recovery.zip to folder
2- Connect Phone with data cable then Run Android Flasher
3- Check box "Recovery" and click Begin
4- Navigate to Clockwork Recovery folder extracted earlier and select "Recovery.img" click Open
Once complete the phone will boot into recovery
If you made a Nandroid backup before running AlphaRevX it can now be restored:)

NOTE: you may also install CWM using ADB command, but this is much quicker;)
Is this still the recommended recovery for this phone... I have Revolutionary CWM (the one installed when going S-OFF) and every time I press the Power button to select something it just says "REVOLUTIONARY" across the front of the screen and it doesn't do anything.

Anybody got some good links to these files, MegaUpload is gone... :crying:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Is this still the recommended recovery for this phone... I have Revolutionary CWM (the one installed when going S-OFF) and every time I press the Power button to select something it just says "REVOLUTIONARY" across the front of the screen and it doesn't do anything.

If I recall correctly, you need to use the trackpad button to select options, not the power button (in that recovery). You may want to use a more recent version such as this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25490394.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to AlphaRev Team we can now S-Off the Aria(Removes Security Flag)

**This is for any Aria either shipped with or upgraded to 2.2.2 Firmware**

For an alternative guide check out post #84 by zervic in THIS Thread

Requirements you must have:
    *All Drivers installed on Windows PC (See Aria Superthread)

*Aria S/W v2.2.2 (either from the Update RUU or Factory Shipped)
    ***WARNING*** Installing the Aria Update RUU will format the phone. Any info not backed up will be lost. SD Card is not affected
    ---If you have ClockworkMod installed you can make a Nandroid backup which can be restored later
    *HBOOT 1.02 (installs with the Update RUU)

Difficulty Level= Medium/Some experience required

How To S-Off
    -If you have s/w version 2.1 or Custom ROM follow installation instructions for Un-Rooting in the Aria Superthread

if needed: Download ATT Aria Shipping ROM 2.2.2
    1- Make sure USB Debugging is checked in Applications/Development
    2- Go to Revolutionary Website and click "Download For Windows". a form will pop up which we will fill out later
    3- Save file to PC and keep web page open
    4- Plug in phone with data cable then run downloaded program Alpharevx.exe
    AlphaRevX.png

5- Take note of where it reads "Enter Beta Key [Serial: your personal serial ]
    5- On AlphaRev website fill in the short form with your info including the alphanumeric serial given from the program (case sensative)
    6- Click "Generate Key" and copy the beta key into the AlphaRev.exe program (case sensative) and press Enter

Congrats!! you should now have S-Off. If fail, check the alphanumeric serial and key for accuracy
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Install Clockwork Recovery
    Download CWM 2.5.0.1 OR CWM 2.5.1.7 Off-Mode(no annoying recovery screen while charging)
    Download Android Flasher

1- Extract Clockwork Recovery.zip to folder
    2- Connect Phone with data cable then Run Android Flasher
    3- Check box "Recovery" and click Begin
    4- Navigate to Clockwork Recovery folder extracted earlier and select "Recovery.img" click Open
    Once complete the phone will boot into recovery
    If you made a Nandroid backup before running AlphaRevX it can now be restored:)

NOTE: you may also install CWM using ADB command, but this is much quicker;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

How To Install Superuser Permissions
    Three options to aquire this:
    1- Restore your Nandroid backup from CWM Recovery
    2- Install a Custom ROM which includes SU
    3- Follow the steps below to add SU to the Stock 2.2.2 ROM
    Newer SU 3.0.6 Signed
    -Older SU 2.3.6.1
    -Copy SU_2361.zip to SD Card
    -Boot into CWM Recovery
    -Select Install Zip file from SD
    -Select Choose Zip File
    -Select SU-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip and confirm install
    -Reboot and you now have SU in the App Drawer

Enjoy!! and please support the Dev's that make this possible;)

If I recall correctly, you need to use the trackpad button to select options, not the power button (in that recovery). You may want to use a more recent version such as this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25490394.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Hi,

I finally decided to get S-OFF for my Aria using the revolutionary method and i was able to get the S-OFF. I also opted to install the CWM that came along.
    Now i can boot into the recovery mode and i can see the list of actions that can be performed (Reboot Now, Wipe data/Factory Reset, etc.) but when i select any of them the phone hangs and nothing comes up :confused:, and i can go the main menu of the recovery by pressing menu/back or power button..
    because of this i dont have the SU permission yet (as i cannot install the su.zip nor nandroid restore cm7 nor install a new SU'd ROM)
    I tried the cwm 5.0.2.3 version as well, but the same outcome..

Please Help!!

It's because you are trying to use the power button to select an entry, but that doesn't work in CWM. You need to press the trackball button to select an entry.

Pressing the power button just makes the menu disappear or reappear -- not sure why it does that actually.
    So, I went to alpharev.com... and its not AlphaRev anymore. Is there anywhere else to get AlphaRev X to root my Aria?

You have to use here instead: http://revolutionary.io/.
    Thanks for creating a guide.

How To Install Superuser Permissions
    -Download SU 2.3.6.1
    -Copy SU_2361.zip to SD Card
    -Boot into CWM Recovery
    -Select Install Zip file from SD
    -Select Choose Zip File
    -Select SU-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip and confirm install
    -Reboot and you now have SU in the App Drawer

Just wanted to point out that this step is OPTIONAL. This will allow you to acquire root with your default, stock ROM. However, if you intend to install a custom ROM (Cyanogenmod, Liberated, etc.) then you should just skip this step entirely and go straight to installing the ROM of your choice.