[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA

Search This thread

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
I had all the files I used to unlock the phone still there and it worked first try for me.
Strange.... i wonder what the cause is for these other s-off procedure failures...

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

i flash in recovery...but still same stock splash screen........

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
If you are on hboot 1.14 and have not achieved s-off on your phone yet, the new splash screens will NOT take effect.

android4temo

Mar 22, 2011
Yes
ViperDNA 1.1.3
DSB latest
CWM

Took less than 5 minutes...easy to do thanks guys!!:D

Can you guys do this:

Success: yes/no
Rom:
Kernel:
Recovery:

For me:

Yes
SCHatka
Elkay
TWRP

Also, I still have all the same files I used to get SuperCID (old method) in the same folder I'm running command prompt in, maybe this is another variable leading to s-off failure for some people?

No
Viper 1.1.3
3.4.10 dsb9938.Cubed.DNA
TWRP

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

IMG_20130219_124807_zps18272354.jpg

here's my hboot

pistolpete_21

Mar 19, 2010
No
ViperDNA 1.1.3
LK_DNA kernel
TWRP

Must have tried at least 20 times. - Hangs on splash screen after flashing the zip.

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
DNA success!!!

it took a while but i got it

i had the hanging boot screen error and this is what i did personally it may not work for you and it could kill your dog so don't hold me to it. . .

last thing i did was flash factoryrom's debloated rom but i didn't boot it up i just booted right to fastboot, everything went through like butter. hope that helps someone else out

android4temo

Mar 22, 2011
No
ViperDNA 1.1.3
LK_DNA kernel
TWRP

Must have tried at least 20 times. - Hangs on splash screen after flashing the zip.

Same for me.... this is obviously an issue because I am seeing this very same thing often within the thread. Maybe everyone, including myself, are noobs.... Lol! Kidding!

But it just isn't working for me.

hungsolow

Jul 19, 2012
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

Yes.
info is in my signature.

Sent from my HTC DNA™

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
IMG_20130219_124807_zps18272354.jpg

here's my hboot

Damn... i thought you were on the HTC One XL or "Evita".. yours says Monarudo device id.... not sure what is going on there.. probably something specifically with your device causing the splash screens to not take...

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
Yes
BAMF 1.0
3.4.10-dsb9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write
TWRP

After many failed attempts I finally got it. I kept getting the error 99! Was about to try and RUU, reunlock, etc. It dawned on me that I kept trying but never closed and restarted my terminal. If you are getting error 99, try closing the terminal and opening a new window and see if it helps.

Thanks Beaups, jcase, and everyone in this thread that is helping with trouble shooting.

pistolpete_21

Mar 19, 2010
Same for me.... this is obviously an issue because I am seeing this very same thing often within the thread. Maybe everyone, including myself, are noobs.... Lol! Kidding!

But it just isn't working for me.

NOOB I'm not. Been through hell and back with a Droid 1, Thunderbolt, Incredible 1+2. Must be something with the ROM/Kernel/Recovery setup that has to be just right for it to go through.

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
[/COLOR]
Yes
BAMF 1.0
3.4.10-dsb9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write
TWRP

After many failed attempts I finally got it. I kept getting the error 99! Was about to try and RUU, reunlock, etc. It dawned on me that I kept trying but never closed and restarted my terminal. If you are getting error 99, try closing the terminal and opening a new window and see if it helps.

Closing adb in Task Manager is better than just closing the window.

lazarus2297

Sep 2, 2010
North Carolina
NO Error 99
when on Stock Debloated/deodexed ROM with OTA incorporated (.torrented's rom)
stock OTA kernel...

Yes (after restoring nandroid)
Stock debloated/deodexed ROM
Elkay 0.9.5 kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Facepalm S-Off for the HTC Droid DNA

Credits and terms:

Exploit by beaups, full guide, testing, and concept by jcase and beaups. Thanks to dsb9938 and dr_drache for support and testing. Thanks also to all of the regulars at teamandirc. Thanks to jcase for recently modifiying the process to make it even easier and more reliable.

Both beaups and jcase will collect the applicable active bounties. Further donations are greatly appreciated and can be sent to:

beaups - Donate to beaups
    jcase - Donate to jcase
    dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
    dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache

You can also come by irc for support or just to say thanks: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of us will be accountable. If you are worried, don’t do it.

This is a pretty simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, the work herein should not be stolen, repackaged, one clicked, bat’d, etc. The binary contained in DNA-rescue.img is not GPL and may not be reused, integrated into other work, reposted, or redistributed without our permission. The kernel portion of DNA-rescue.img is derived from unmodified HTC source. That source code can be obtained from htcdev.

For this to work, you must be HTCdev unlocked and have superCID (custom recovery/root is optional), see the thread below for help and information regarding obtaining superCID, unlock, etc. If you have taken the OTA for the DNA (sw version 2.xx) without FIRST obtaining superCID, there is no superCID nor s-off method for you currently. Note this thread is provided for convenience only. Please look for support for superCID/unlock in it's proper thread, do NOT clutter this thread with support requests regarding obtaining superCID and/or unlock! If you try this process without superCID, it will not work, and you may have issues:

SuperCID for HTC Droid DNA:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2109862

Download modified boot.img:
    http://d-h.st/pQy

Download signed firmware:
    http://d-h.st/nOo 8fa1cf193559d34279d2b1c1aa8c29

1)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

2)
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    (wait for black HTC Screen)

3)
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
    After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)

4) Immediately issue the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot DNA-rescue.img

5) After android is FULLY booted
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

6) You should see what you are looking for!

If you need help or just care to say thanks, join us on IRC: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

Enjoy.

Getting an error 99 instead of error 92 after step 3?

Perform a few FULL power-downs and boots. Also, others have reported clearing caches in recovery helps as well.
    rainabba,

This is not an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, this is a public development community. We made decisions not to obfuscate what is going on, so the community could learn, but choose to keep the rights and source to the project. It is free for personal use, but not opensource and not free to distribute.

Hell I remember you flipping out over someone distributing a GPL licensed binary you compiled, you have no room to talk here.

You like to cause problems with any AndIRC related project (time and time again), you have issues with us it is very clear, but I'm going to ask you nicely to just go away. If you don't like how we handle our projects, go create your own instead of complaining.
    :cool:

Every instance so far where someone has had this issue AND succeeded seems to require AT LEAST wiping data, but sometimes as much as an RUU flash to stock, and at worst, a complete RUU, re-lock, and start from scratch as if the phone was fresh out of the box.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Why do you people keep insisting this? Because the OP "demanded" that nobody do it? That won't hold water and so far I can't see any reason a one-click can't be made. It might not be safe and since only the noobs would "need" it, it's likely a bad idea, but there are those like myself who will often create such scripts because they end up being useful for any number of reasons and I'll be damned if someone things that in an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, that something like a SCRIPT won't be released because someone said so.

Your reply to this person is offensive on so many levels. You could at least take time to explain yourself (or link to such an explanation).
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Now that you guys have S-OFF, you can use my RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer!
    Just have someone make a plugin for the HTC One <insert model here> and then customize away!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786498
    ATTN: If you are on a DNA, PLEASE WAIT BEFORE ATTEMPTING!!

Something is not right, the method is not working regardless of if you took the OTA or not.
    Beanups will need to look into this.

It does work, just because you didn't get it working doesnt mean it doesnt work, please edit you post