How To NinjaMorph

Search This thread

shargle

May 26, 2010
So I've tried this out with several different icons and nothing works. There isn't any error messages, force closes or black screens, just that the icon I choose isn't swapped for the stock one.

One requirement is "cp must be properly symlinked", and I'm not sure what this is, or if I have done this, so this may be the problem. I do have busybox, though. Running on SimplyStunning 3.2. Thanks!

richhowe

May 26, 2010
Can't replace battery images

I think I'm having the same problem. NinjaMorph would not overwrite the extracted images on the sd card. It took me a bit to figure this out because I assumed that the images would not get updated until after I re-booted. I tried to use Root Explorer to change permissions on the files, which also didn't seem to work. I ended up manually deleting the extracted images and manually copying over the new images using Root Explorer. Once that was done I used NinjaMorph to push the framework-resapk and it finally updated the images.

I also do not know what "cp must be properly symlinked" means.

claude96

Mar 18, 2010
all went well , but when the phone rebooted every thing was forse closing ? so I had to do a nand restore ! I was trying to change the battery icons on cm 5.0.8 btw

DracoMalfoy

Jun 30, 2010
all went well , but when the phone rebooted every thing was forse closing ? so I had to do a nand restore ! I was trying to change the battery icons on cm 5.0.8 btw

Same here, I tried changing the battery icons on cm 5.0.8 and when I rebooted, all I got were FCs, had to re-flash the ROM since, I didn't do a backup...shame.

dm5363b

Jun 7, 2010
raleigh
App labels revert to generic

Hi, Ive been killing CM06 RC2 with the Ninja, however a lot of my desk top icons are reverting to generic android view, any Idea what could cause this as well as how to fix the issue?

_Osy:cool:

DeFiant*X

Feb 5, 2009
Orlando
I just downloaded and successfully used Ninjamorph on 3 SYSTEM apks. Ninjamorph only works on these, and I found after I finished, I needed to reboot. Voila, it worked!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

May 13, 2010
So I've tried this out with several different icons and nothing works. There isn't any error messages, force closes or black screens, just that the icon I choose isn't swapped for the stock one.

One requirement is "cp must be properly symlinked", and I'm not sure what this is, or if I have done this, so this may be the problem. I do have busybox, though. Running on SimplyStunning 3.2. Thanks!

This is happening to me as well. I assume that if my phone was not able to run this program then it wouldn't let me change anything, but the fact it does should mean that I have all necessary requirements like busybox and such. I believe I'm doing everything right and I'm just trying to swap out the battery meter .png files. I change them all and finish the project. It tells me it's done and I need to reboot. After a reboot, the battery meter icon doesn't change....am I missing something?

And I'm running a CM6 Nightly build on my Incredible

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
Just found this program after using Metamorph for the first time yesterday on my DroidX and let me tell you that it works great!

Great job man. Keep it up!

mat_pav

Mar 16, 2008
For me its not working. I tried to change the Touchdown icon but after finishing the project and restarthing the phone the app is no longer visible.

mat_pav

Mar 16, 2008
I found the problem. When i resigned the apk i forget to rename it to .zip
TNX

Last edited:

aandrsn

Aug 9, 2010
Chase City, VA
This is happening to me as well. I assume that if my phone was not able to run this program then it wouldn't let me change anything, but the fact it does should mean that I have all necessary requirements like busybox and such. I believe I'm doing everything right and I'm just trying to swap out the battery meter .png files. I change them all and finish the project. It tells me it's done and I need to reboot. After a reboot, the battery meter icon doesn't change....am I missing something?

Exact same issue. It worked flawlessly for me before. The only changes I am aware of is I upgraded From v29 of KaosFroyo to v30.. Can't see how that would be a problem though.

--> Yay! So after messing with it for hours, I found that if I alter the filename of the icon I am trying to install, that it works.. I had them named exactly the same before, I hope this is the answer for you too!

Last edited:

mortymouse

Jun 8, 2010

This is the EXACT same issue I am having as well. I am attempting to change the status bar using the following:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7597467&postcount=1

Same issues. After it reboots nothing changes at all.

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
Copy files button

What the heck does the copy files button do I saw where Stericcson told someone it was for doing multiple items but anytime I try it says no files found once I navigate to the folder where the actual images are. Anybody have the same prob or know what I'm doing wrong? I love this app but it took 2 days to do framework_res_apk LOL.

EDIT: The copy files button. When images you are replacing are already named properly use the COPY FILES button, navigate to the folder where the images are and long press on that folder [e.g. drawable-mdpi] if you actually press the folder with the images it will just say "no files" so stop before you open it and longpress then press select directory now you will be in a multi-select enviroment navigate to your replacement images pressing the checkbox for each one but remember using this method your replacement images must be named properly. Ninjamorph will re-name the images correctly only when you are doing them one at a time not when using the copy files action. I really hope people trying to use the COPY FILES button will read this WHAT TOOK ME HOURS I DO IN MINUTES LITERALLY!

Last edited:
Reactions: kraamerica

syikho

Aug 27, 2010
One thing that might help people that are having issues swapping images in the Framework-res.apk folder is to make sure they do not have the same file name. Another work around I found was to start a new project, using the Framework-res.apk, then use a file manager such as Astro to copy the images you want to use and copy them in the AndroidThemes/Workspace/framework-resapk folder. Go back into NinjaMorph and click Finish The Project. Reboot the phone and you should be good to go. I did a basic custom battery mod this way and it worked perfectly after failing miserably using the ADB Push/Pull method as well as Terminal Emulator. This program is fantastic and I highly recommend anyone who uses it to purchase it so Stericson has a reason continue development on this as well as all of his projects.

Also, a quick suggestion, it would be nice if there was someway for this program to resign packages so that we could all easily modify our widgets and appearance of market applications. :D

Last edited:

xkoldfuzionx

Aug 28, 2010
Grand Rapids
Also, a quick suggestion, it would be nice if there was someway for this program to resign packages so that we could all easily modify our widgets and appearance of market applications. :D

I agree, I thought maybe if I tried an app that I had backed up through astro, then uninstalled the app, I might be able to use the backup apk. Only because whenever I've used the backups through astro, they don't register as installed in the market anymore, so I just thought "maybe this will be a way around it?"

Too bad it didn't work. All I wanted to do was change the color of the icon in the notification bar so I can actually see what the temp is! lol, ever since I flashed the Blue Theme of Lithium, I haven't been able to see what the temperature is without opening Weatherbug, or pulling down the notification bar.

I've tried some other tutorials to be able to do it on the computer, but the resigning didn't work. I'm frustrated, but oh well. Waiting patiently for the day when we can mod all apps.

de_annere

Feb 13, 2010
Is it possible to change dimens.xml in framework-res.apk?
When I use apktool to decompile it on my laptop, the xml is in \framework-res\res\values. There is not even a values-directory if I use Ninjamorph.
Thanks for this great app nonetheless!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I recently released a new app for theming and modifying apks and jars right from the phone, this app is called NinjaMorph.

Here I am just going to explain how to use NinjaMorph as per request from those that have the app.

NinjaMorph was made so that we could more easily make changes to the system apks and jar files from our phones without needing to apply a packaged theme or hook our phones up to the computer.

In order to use NinjaMorph you will need Busybox installed, cp properly symlinked, and at least 20mb of space of your SD card.

When you first open the app you will see three buttons at the bottom.

The first is "New Project", which is the one your going to start with.

Select "New Project" and navigate to an apk or .jar file of your choice, excluding apps that need to be signed like Market apps.

A good example would be for you to go to "System" > "framework" > "framework-res.apk"

The app will then extract the contents of the apk, as well as making a backup of it on your sdcard "/sdcard/AndroidThemes/backup/"

After its done it will ask you to pick a file to change, navigate to "res" > then a drawable folder with images in it.

Once there you should see all the images there in that folder, select one and it will ask you to pick one to replace it with, NinjaMorph will rename the file you pick to replace it to the appropriate name.

After that just keep changing things until you've done everything you'd like to do.

If you have an existing project you can use the "existing Project" button to continue where you left off.

If your done with your project and you want to apply the changes, Choose the "Finish Project" button and select which project you want to finish, NinjaMorph will do its thing and thats it.

Note that after making some changes you may need to reboot to see the changes made.

Anymore questions, ask away.
    Copy files button

What the heck does the copy files button do I saw where Stericcson told someone it was for doing multiple items but anytime I try it says no files found once I navigate to the folder where the actual images are. Anybody have the same prob or know what I'm doing wrong? I love this app but it took 2 days to do framework_res_apk LOL.

EDIT: The copy files button. When images you are replacing are already named properly use the COPY FILES button, navigate to the folder where the images are and long press on that folder [e.g. drawable-mdpi] if you actually press the folder with the images it will just say "no files" so stop before you open it and longpress then press select directory now you will be in a multi-select enviroment navigate to your replacement images pressing the checkbox for each one but remember using this method your replacement images must be named properly. Ninjamorph will re-name the images correctly only when you are doing them one at a time not when using the copy files action. I really hope people trying to use the COPY FILES button will read this WHAT TOOK ME HOURS I DO IN MINUTES LITERALLY!
    What's the difference between this app and MetaMorph?

With Ninja you would for example download several metamorph themes and un zip on your sdcard then use only the parts of each theme you desire. If you want I could write a walk through for the advanced feature of copy files its hard to figure out on your own and it saves lots of time.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    JohnCorleone said:
    Can someone please help me here? i just want to change the pulldown toggles from green to blue ans my dialer call button to blue as well. TIA

The toggles would be in the systemUI.apk goto new project in ninja then select system then app click on the systemUI.apk and it will unzip it. Goto res/drawable-hdpi then find the png you want to change and longpress it choose edit and use the sliders to change the color make sure you click your menu button and save after each png edit. If you mess it up click reset and it will put the png back to default. Once you have all the pngs changed backout to the ninja homescreen (if you get a forceclose dont worry it will save your work just restart ninja) select finish project then choose systemUI choose yes to the first 2 popups then no to the 3rd. The status bar will prob forceclose just reboot and your changes should be applied
    carbon coupe said:
    Ok, great guide right here. But, when I do this, not modifying, picking another image all together, it doesnt show the new image and doesnt change it when I complete the project. I changed the battery and the signal bars but the 3G and 4G symbols wont have it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

You need to move the images you want to use into the Androidthemes folder that ninja uses with a file manager. Then go back and use ninja.