Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.0 :: [2019-11-01]

595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,831

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2015, 05:46 AM |#4071  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I hate ads in any form, so i switched to firefox + ublock origin for surfing, now adaway is just for ads from apps. Using xposed + youtube adaway for youtube, so I think my andriod device is completely free from ads ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA_Uncut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DNA_Uncut Ad-Free
3rd September 2015, 06:32 AM |#4072  
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 37

More
You people will never be satisfied... this app is great! Keep up the good work and thanks for supporting it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marius5147 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marius5147 Ad-Free
3rd September 2015, 05:48 PM |#4073  
Thanks Meter: 701

More
If you have ads, maybe u need to increase the adblock sources from the stock 4. I have 15 sources ( four stock, eleven added from help page of app). My host file size is 6 mb and is capable of being parsed on my nexus 10/Dell venue 7-3730 & Xperia Z. Just add more reliable host sources!!!
Added...
and I still have to see ads, Google or otherwise...for good measure I've also added double click, g.doubleclick to my blacklist,!
Dead Cookies leave no trails...
3rd September 2015, 06:43 PM |#4074  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 169

Donate to Me
More
What's this problem ??
Sent from my CHC-U01 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441298544570.jpg
Views:	1078
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	3461448  
3rd September 2015, 07:01 PM |#4075  
Recognized Contributor
/
Thanks Meter: 3,206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed dzico

What's this problem ??
Sent from my CHC-U01 using XDA Free mobile app

Just like it says, AdAway is unable to copy your hosts file and you should consider reading the help as suggested. You don't provide enough information for anyone to give you specific help, but this situation can occur if you have an incomplete rooot, if AdAway is not granted write access to /system,if you do not have sufficient storage available, etc. Your solution might be to use an alternative location in /data, an easy first step to try. Most every possibility is discussed in this thread...
3rd September 2015, 10:04 PM |#4076  
Thanks Meter: 445

More
I've been reading over this thread, and realized that even on my device with three gigs of RAM, Scan for Adware causes a crash. I'm glad to see basic stuff has been done to keep AdAway at least partially working.

It gets me thinking - if we all want improvements, our best bet is to go to BountySource and start something up again. Originally, I was just happy to have basic functionality work on the latest Android version, but I guess more can be done. I may, if I can do it again when time permits, lay down some cash and try to drive development again. But currently, the main functionality works, yet some stuff could be updated, replaced, and fixed. But I'm not made of money, so I'd need other backers to help. And we'd all have to lay out some requests to as what to fix.
3rd September 2015, 10:41 PM |#4077  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I had been using AdFree but Adaway is much better. There are more options and the interface is better designed. Thanks.
4th September 2015, 12:39 AM |#4078  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I have no vpn setup so that cannot be it.
4th September 2015, 12:57 AM |#4079  
Recognized Contributor
/
Thanks Meter: 3,206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khameleon

I have no vpn setup so that cannot be it.

I'm guessing you are referring to your post #4071. If so, @DNA_Uncut's reply wisely suggested that you look for a forgotten proxy in your APN (Access Point Name, nothing to do with a vpn setup), a very reasonable explanation for the symptoms you reported. You can check your APN in your device's settings, usually under the "Mobile Networks" menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike B. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike B. Ad-Free
4th September 2015, 03:31 AM |#4080  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Default host server is down as of the past few hours. Not sure if this is a temp outage or not

http://hosts-file.net/ad_servers.asp
4th September 2015, 05:41 AM |#4081  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,346

More
since the original developer is no longer maintaining the app, the link to "Developer's Site" in the OP is no longer relevant..
i just found this out when visiting that link..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)