595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,832

Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2017, 10:26 PM |#9071  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androcraze

Playstore won't let me install it. Maybe someone else will have some luck.

Hmmm... Today app working without problem. I used it on 3g/LTE and all 3 host list are " switched on " , now I use it on wifi (exactly like yesterday ) and all work ok.

Wysłane z mojego EVA-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
9th May 2017, 08:07 AM |#9072  
Flag Gorizia
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
After I've updated my OnePlus 3 to Nougat 7.1.1 the ads have begun to show. I've read to disable the Chrome browser data saver and enable systemless check on Adaway settings, and I did, but I see anyway the ads.
Can somebody help me please?
9th May 2017, 10:22 AM |#9073  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Chrome allow
Before u shout out "enable data compression" please hear me out.

Adblock works fine and it blocks my ads in all of my apps. My problem is that i cant access some chrome search results cuz adblock blocks googleadservices.com. ...So i enabled the "datasaver"/"data compression" in chrome. Sadly the search results are still being blocked no matter what i do with this chrome-setting.

Any ideas?
9th May 2017, 10:28 AM |#9074  
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaka1

Adblock works fine and it blocks my ads in all of my apps. My problem is that i cant access some chrome search results cuz adblock blocks googleadservices.com. ...So i enabled the "datasaver"/"data compression" in chrome. Sadly the search results are still being blocked no matter what i do with this chrome-setting.

Any ideas?

I might be wrong. But the data compression turned on seems to bypass the hosts file for me. So adaway is effectively bypassed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
9th May 2017, 10:36 AM |#9075  
Flag Oberhausen
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:

Any ideas?

You could always whitelist googleadservices.com, but I don't know if this will cause some adds to appear in some apps ...
9th May 2017, 10:41 AM |#9076  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman88

I might be wrong. But the data compression turned on seems to bypass the hosts file for me. So adaway is effectively bypassed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wish the bypass would work for me too. Most ppl want their ads blocked in chrome, but I dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocke000

You could always whitelist googleadservices.com, but I don't know if this will cause some adds to appear in some apps ...

I thought of this too, but thats just like getting rid of adaway.
9th May 2017, 11:15 AM |#9077  
Flag Oberhausen

More
Quote:

I thought of this too, but thats just like getting rid of adaway.

The default host sources in AdAway give you about 50k hosts that get blocked, removing one entry from this list is by far not getting rid of AdAway.
The Following User Says Thank You to flocke000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flocke000 Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 11:49 AM |#9078  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flocke000

The default host sources in AdAway give you about 50k hosts that get blocked, removing one entry from this list is by far not getting rid of AdAway.

Okay then. I have added *googleadservices* to my positiv-list. After a reboot i can access all searchresults again. I still see it as a workaround tho and i wish there was another way cuz i fear other apps will show ads from google now.
9th May 2017, 12:02 PM |#9079  
Flag Oberhausen

More
Quote:

Okay then. I have added *googleadservices* to my positiv-list. After a reboot i can access all searchresults again. I still see it as a workaround tho and i wish there was another way cuz i fear other apps will show ads from google now.

Yeah, it's only a workaround. I had trouble with this at first as well, but by now I have learned to just skip the search results with the little "Ad" sign next to them and scroll further down to the non-Ad results.
The Following User Says Thank You to flocke000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flocke000 Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 12:49 PM |#9080  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 615

More
How to avoid this page to show in every link i try to open in chrome? When i disable adaway it redirects to link but when is enabled, i have that
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170509-124726.png
Views:	638
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	4143762
9th May 2017, 03:18 PM |#9081  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinko975

How to avoid this page to show in every link i try to open in chrome? When i disable adaway it redirects to link but when is enabled, i have that

Try adding redirect.viglink.com to whitelist
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)