Clear directions on Restoring to Stock 3.2

Search This thread

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
Looking for Clear directions on how to restore a Streak 7 to Stock 3.2

I got my Streak for christmas and I ran Superuser7.zip on it. I need to fully unroot and restore back to stock for some testing. I can't seem to figure out exactly how to do that. I have the Lg7_WiFi_506_19534_30.pkg but can't seem to figure out how to flash it since ive installed CWM on it for superuser7.

And is that the correct flash? I've seen 506 and 507 talked about, don't know how to tell the difference.

Any help Greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!

Reactions: swallick

swallick

Apr 27, 2009
Queens, N.Y.
Thanks, I'm also interested in seeing a straightforward guide on getting back to stock on the Streak 7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
Really?

No one? Come on. Im not a complete Noob and not looking for a diaper change guide. But I can't find any direct info on this.

First time working with Streak, usually work with samsungs.. Those are much easier to restore to stock.

I have the LG7-WiFi_506_19534_30.pkg that I found online but am not completely positive this is the package I need.. Goes back to what the heck does the 506 and 507 represent and I don't find any reference to those numbers in my about android tab.

Also... If i wanted use the built in restore function to load a .pkg,, well.. CWM4 killed that. So how do i flash a pkg now?

Anyhelp! if I can get enough direction, I will write a noob guide to this.

Thanks!

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
OK. Got some of my own homework done.. And figured out what it is I am really looking for.

I know how to restore technically.. but heres the issue. I need to remove CWM5.0.2.7

I need to restore the stock recovery, Then i can just flash a factory.pkg file and its back to stock.

So .. Can anyone refer me to the Stock Recovery .img file I can flash with Fastboot to restore the ability to flash a .pkg file?

Thanks!!

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
As you're trying i'll throw you a bone:

Dell Streak 7 - xda wiki

Download whatever rec matches the pkg you're going to install, as you've already had a stock 5xx rom installed at one point (the clue is that you had CWM 5.0 installed and working) just install the matching 5xx rec.

You seem to be attempting to install the 506-wifi one.
There's 2 entries on the wiki for 506, one has a modem baseband and the other doesnt, one of them is the wifi version. I'll let you try and figure out this last step.

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
Then i was reading those as recovery.. FILE NOT FOUND on that site.
got a copy of them? I'm currently running 512 software from Dell according to the build # on streak.. 20031

Appreciate your help.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I was moving files around earlier today on the server, you might have been trying to download them in the short window then when they wernt available.

If there's still any files that arnt working i'll fix them as I find them.

If you're on 512 could you make a nandroid first? 512 is one I dont have and you have it.

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
obviously i've nuked the Recovery.. but yes I will reset the tablet, and nandroid a copy of it.

Then What is the best next set to set it to stock at that point?

Thanks!

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Install the 506 wifi recovery and you can flash the pkg you downloaded if that is the one you wish to flash.

If you're already rooted I believe gingerbreak also has a feature to unroot your rom. If you downgrade to 506 it's techincally a different rom but so far there's very little difference between the various 5xx roms

Reactions: mobilemedic

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
As promised. NooB Guide for returning back to completely Stock 3.2

Thanks to TheManii for helping me get on the right track and understanding what exactly is needed.

OK. So you've installed CWM 5.0.2.7 and rooted your streak 7 and for what ever reason you want to revert back to Stock, Day 1.

Heres your guide.

DISCLAIMER.. This worked for me. Not my fault if your bork your device for following this guide, however it should work.

Things that are needed.

Fastboot (found here with info on how to get into various modes http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7/Flashing_Guide )

The Correct PKG file for your device See http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dell_Streak_7#Official and get the 506 or 507 PKG and Recovery file(repeated below). Read the page and see if you need 506 or 507 and pick the right one, WiFi or 4g.

And the Same recovery.img file from same package (if you using 506, then 506's)

(you got rooted, so I assume I don't need to get your pampers changed.. You should have a pretty good idea about this so far)

Make a directory and unzip the fastboot+ADB.zip files

copy the recovery.img file downloaded above to same extracted folder so that fastboot and recovery.img are in the same directory.

On the streak. you need to have in a SD Card in the slot, the .pkg file you downloaded and have it named update.pkg in the root level (top) of the sdcard.

Power off your Streak
Put into Fast Boot Mode (see above if you don't know how)

drop to dos (CMD) cd to that directory.

fastboot -i 0x413C flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x413C reboot

Streak should Reboot.

OK you have just copied over the 506 or 507 recovery image.. Congrats. your part way there.

Now I did this using my modified Streak 5 Dock that works just find for my Streak 7. That part worked perfect. The next part, if you were using it in the dock. After copying files to the SD card.. Remove from dock.. i believe it interfered. worked perfect out of the dock.

Boot to recovery VOL UP & Power at same time.
use arrows to move to option 2. Software upgrade via update.pkg on SD card. and press power button to enter.

Wait.

Recovery will load.

Read the screen. Its telling you to press the power button to use the emergency flash to recover your device. This will erase your device. (if you didn't already know this, or have this as your intention... Well... I'll leave it at that)

It will verify the pkg. then it will install. Took between 4-8 min.. Then it rebooted.

That took even longer of-course.. Just like day 1 when you turned it on after getting it from Dell.

If all went well. It will have returned you to the welcome screen where you are initially setting up your Streak 7.

Congrats. Your back to stock 506 or 507.

Now There is a 514 pkg file if your looking to upgrade to the latest as of 1/7/12. I am actually installing that as I type this.

If you decide to do the upgrade to 514.. Delete the existing update.pkg (if the streak didn't, it wasn't there when I went to copy the newer one over) and rename LG7-WiFi_514_21700_30.pkg or what ever applies to your device to update.zip and move to the sdcard.

Make sure SDCard is in Streak.
Power off the device.
Vol up and power. Select option 2 again. It will boot to recovery.
Power button to accept.

Sit back and watch.

Wait for reboot. as mine is right now :)

Tada.. Stock 514. Hope this helps some of you as it has helped me greatly.

Make sure to Thank TheManii and I would appreciate some Thanks if this helped you too :)

I will be putting up a Mirror for all the files tomorrow 1/7/12.

MobileMedic

ikutoisahobo

Jul 19, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
That is a very nice guide I used it to un-root and remove CWM from my tab, if you or I could make this more clear, and why do you type "fastboot -i 0x413C" isn't it like this example: fastboot flash recovery C:/ADB/Win32/recovery.img

?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
"-i 0xAAAA" is an optional value, it tells fastboot to explicitly target a specific connected device.

0x413c is the USB pid assigned to dell, if you only have a single device connected in fastboot mode it will simply assume you mean that one device.

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
Thanks for Defining that TheManii.

I used that info by borrowing from the Rooting Post.

[Guide] Absolute Newbie's Guide to Rooting a Streak 7 that has Stock Honeycomb

13) On the command line type the following:
fastboot -i 0x413C flash recovery recovery.img (where recovery.img is the ClockworkMod or other recovery file)

14) On the command line type the following:

MobileMedic

Reactions: euchye

crhylove

May 6, 2010
Honolulu
www.openairships.com
Enter your password?

Followed this guide to the T pretty much with the latest version from Dell. Now I get Enter your password. No password *I* know works!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

antrax360

Jun 16, 2011
this doesnt work for me when i try to flash the update.pkg tru option it takes me back to cwm. Anyway to go back to stock, no cwm no root?

WookieFan

Nov 21, 2010
NYC area
Success and a request for OP

I just flashed 506 over my HC Dell Streak (T-Mo) and it worked like a charm. After first boot it went right to the setup screen. This was in prep for a sale.

I would request that the OP please update the first post to reflect the steps outlined in post 10(?) - it would be helpful to have steps listed in the very first post of this thread.

Also, using the Fastboot + ADB download did not help with fastboot for me. I use a laptop for development, and that has SDK/JDK installed on it, but had originally used my desktop to nvflash back to Froyo after trying StreakDroid. The download package did not include the right support files to make fastboot work correctly on my desktop. Had to do the fastboot commands on my laptop.

I would suggest this is the best way to avoid the read-only mode when you want to clean out your Streak 7 for future sale.

jpmi23

Oct 24, 2008
Detroit-Metro
twitter.com
Thanks to TheManii for helping me get on the right track and understanding what exactly is needed.

Wait.

Recovery will load.

How long should it take for recovery to load? I nvflashed back to 2.2, then flashed 506-30's recovery using fastboot. It's hanging when I tell it to upgrade via update.pkg (which is the 506-30 branch pkg).

EDIT: I re-nvflashed to 2.2 and stopped it from rebooting. Went to 2.2's stock recovery and flashed update.pkg (which was 506-30). No password anymore and it seems to have worked. Going to try 514-30 next.

Last edited:

princepavs

Jan 31, 2007
Hi I need help, my Dell Streak 7 T-Mobile is stuck on boot loop n when I try to flash stock Rom it starts installation but right before it's seems to be completed it says "Install modem error.. installation will restart " & it reboot to tht boot loop. :(
Plz help 

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As promised. NooB Guide for returning back to completely Stock 3.2

OK. So you've installed CWM 5.0.2.7 and rooted your streak 7 and for what ever reason you want to revert back to Stock, Day 1.

Heres your guide.

DISCLAIMER.. This worked for me. Not my fault if your bork your device for following this guide, however it should work.

Things that are needed.

Fastboot (found here with info on how to get into various modes http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7/Flashing_Guide )

The Correct PKG file for your device See http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dell_Streak_7#Official and get the 506 or 507 PKG and Recovery file(repeated below). Read the page and see if you need 506 or 507 and pick the right one, WiFi or 4g.

And the Same recovery.img file from same package (if you using 506, then 506's)

(you got rooted, so I assume I don't need to get your pampers changed.. You should have a pretty good idea about this so far)

Make a directory and unzip the fastboot+ADB.zip files

copy the recovery.img file downloaded above to same extracted folder so that fastboot and recovery.img are in the same directory.

On the streak. you need to have in a SD Card in the slot, the .pkg file you downloaded and have it named update.pkg in the root level (top) of the sdcard.

Power off your Streak
    Put into Fast Boot Mode (see above if you don't know how)

drop to dos (CMD) cd to that directory.

fastboot -i 0x413C flash recovery recovery.img

Streak should Reboot.

OK you have just copied over the 506 or 507 recovery image.. Congrats. your part way there.

Now I did this using my modified Streak 5 Dock that works just find for my Streak 7. That part worked perfect. The next part, if you were using it in the dock. After copying files to the SD card.. Remove from dock.. i believe it interfered. worked perfect out of the dock.

Boot to recovery VOL UP & Power at same time.
    use arrows to move to option 2. Software upgrade via update.pkg on SD card. and press power button to enter.

Wait.

Recovery will load.

Read the screen. Its telling you to press the power button to use the emergency flash to recover your device. This will erase your device. (if you didn't already know this, or have this as your intention... Well... I'll leave it at that)

It will verify the pkg. then it will install. Took between 4-8 min.. Then it rebooted.

That took even longer of-course.. Just like day 1 when you turned it on after getting it from Dell.

If all went well. It will have returned you to the welcome screen where you are initially setting up your Streak 7.

Congrats. Your back to stock 506 or 507.

Now There is a 514 pkg file if your looking to upgrade to the latest as of 1/7/12. I am actually installing that as I type this.

If you decide to do the upgrade to 514.. Delete the existing update.pkg (if the streak didn't, it wasn't there when I went to copy the newer one over) and rename LG7-WiFi_514_21700_30.pkg or what ever applies to your device to update.zip and move to the sdcard.

Make sure SDCard is in Streak.
    Power off the device.
    Vol up and power. Select option 2 again. It will boot to recovery.
    Power button to accept.

Sit back and watch.

Wait for reboot. as mine is right now :)

Tada.. Stock 514. Hope this helps some of you as it has helped me greatly.

Make sure to Thank TheManii and I would appreciate some Thanks if this helped you too :)

I will be putting up a Mirror for all the files tomorrow 1/7/12.

MobileMedic
    Looking for Clear directions on how to restore a Streak 7 to Stock 3.2

I got my Streak for christmas and I ran Superuser7.zip on it. I need to fully unroot and restore back to stock for some testing. I can't seem to figure out exactly how to do that. I have the Lg7_WiFi_506_19534_30.pkg but can't seem to figure out how to flash it since ive installed CWM on it for superuser7.

And is that the correct flash? I've seen 506 and 507 talked about, don't know how to tell the difference.

Any help Greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!
    Install the 506 wifi recovery and you can flash the pkg you downloaded if that is the one you wish to flash.

If you're already rooted I believe gingerbreak also has a feature to unroot your rom. If you downgrade to 506 it's techincally a different rom but so far there's very little difference between the various 5xx roms
    Thanks for Defining that TheManii.

I used that info by borrowing from the Rooting Post.

[Guide] Absolute Newbie's Guide to Rooting a Streak 7 that has Stock Honeycomb

13) On the command line type the following:
    fastboot -i 0x413C flash recovery recovery.img (where recovery.img is the ClockworkMod or other recovery file)

14) On the command line type the following:

MobileMedic
    You need to install clockwork mod 5.0 and do a fac reset.