FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Well hello!

Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post29811287

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
Now let's get to the facts:
  • Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
  • This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
  • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
  • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
  • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
--------------------

Discussion thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)

Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
  • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
  • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
  • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
  • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Useful links:
The Following 218 Users Say Thank You to popdog123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift popdog123 Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 09:35 AM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,270

Donate to Me
More
Changelog is now available and maintained in the google code project wiki.
The Following 90 Users Say Thank You to popdog123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift popdog123 Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 09:39 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Avellino
Thanks Meter: 7,422

Donate to Me
More
popdod greatttt workkk!!!!)))))))) you're wonderful man!))
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to lupohirp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lupohirp Ad-Free
dhruv.always
19th March 2012, 09:42 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupohirp

Literally LMAO!!! BTW, is there any way to theme the ROM without decompiling (or extracting) framework manually or without UOT?
19th March 2012, 10:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv.always

Literally LMAO!!! BTW, is there any way to theme the ROM without decompiling (or extracting) framework manually or without UOT?

no because this rom don't have t-mobile theme engin. Turn down same page in this dev forum you can find a themed Oxygen rom named lunar ics
2nd July 2012, 06:36 AM |#6  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thumbs down
when ever i click the phone rand notification ringtone to change the tones, the settings force closes?any idea?....help me

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

when ever i click the phone rand notification ringtone to change the tones, the settings force closes?any idea?....help me:confuse d::confuse d:
4th July 2012, 01:46 PM |#7  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thumbs up Hi mate am new to oxygen rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupohirp

HOW TO APPLY THEMES IN OXYGEN ROM.....

LG P500
THANKS IN ADVANCE
4th July 2012, 01:58 PM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinoptimus

HOW TO APPLY THEMES IN OXYGEN ROM.....

LG P500
THANKS IN ADVANCE

oxygen does not contain theme chooser, so you have to flash zips for applying themes

go to themes & apps section and you will find 2 oxygen themes by vikasb32 (optimus2x and ics)

next time use discussion thread for this

sorry for OT
The Following User Says Thank You to soham93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soham93 Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 02:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
^ You cannot apply themes to oxygen directly like in CM7.
Either get a custom launcher and apply its themes or mess around in UOT Kitchen.

& @Popdog
Gr8 work on GB, really dont see any future updates to it, but was expecting a lot for ICS Oxygen.
Do think about giving it a shot when you have some spare time and a PC with better specs..
Thanks for Oxygen..
The Following User Says Thank You to vj_dustin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vj_dustin Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 10:01 AM |#10  
Flag Hà Nội - Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,982

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog123

Version 0.a - 30 oct 2011

• .32 kernel
Known bugs:
  • Bluetooth does not always work
  • Weird green line on top side of youtube HQ videos (OMX problem)
  • Sometimes after you input pin number might ask for network unlock code. Just hit dismiss
  • Crash in Settings->Status bar->Widget buttons order
  • Screenshot feature does not yet work. No framework support

Oh ****... i waitted for this long time ago
Thank you , popdog123!
Also , Will you switch to .35 kernel, it's better than .32 kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to thachtunganh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thachtunganh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastest rom for p500, oxygen, p500, popdog123, zip-zap-zoom rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)