Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen

http://uot.dakra.lt

KITCHEN REACHED 1 400 000 REQUESTS !!!
KITCHEN REACHED 7 000 000 VISITORS !!!

UOT kitchen on XDA-TV

XDA Insider with Sean
http://www.youtube.com/xdadevelopers.../0/meMQDZKMAes

Kitchen features:
  • Battery mod for Xposed framework (NEW!)
  • Support for Android JB 4.2 (NEW!)
  • New ApkTools for better ICS roms support
  • Battery mod for ICS roms
  • Notification window for qhd/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi roms (NEW!)
  • Bootanimations for qhd/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi roms (NEW!)
  • Flashing folders for system files
  • Additional patch to fix images
  • Custom battery for MIUI rom
  • Settings download/upload
  • Support for TouchWiz roms
  • Quick settings tab
  • Lockscreen pattern
  • Lockscreen lense style
  • Lockscreen rotating style
  • Lockscreen sliding tabs
  • Lockscreen icons
  • Custom loading circle
  • Custom list dividers
  • Notification window for hdpi/mdpi/ldpi roms
  • Pulldown background animation
  • Volume and Download bar customization
  • Flashing script for Data++ Roms
  • Popup customizing
  • Support for stock odexed roms
  • Support for GB roms with Sense
  • Optional Theme preview
  • Overscroll glowing
  • Font packs
  • Supporting Theme Chooser for CM7 roms
  • Enable transparency in status bar for GB roms
  • Supporting Gingerbread roms
  • Edify and Amend installation script
  • Supporting hdpi and mdpi roms
  • Patch9 images auto-fix
  • Super Circle Battery with %, version [A-P]
  • Custom style battery, version Z
  • Themed icons for status bar
  • Uni-color icons
  • Customizable notification drop-down window
  • Bootanimation changer
  • Corrected files for popular roms/themes
  • Custom battery for MIUI rom
  • Showing battery % while charging
  • Custom charging animations
  • Windows animations
  • Icons for Notification Power Buttons

Custom batteryes for you to customize:

Different charging animations:

The Following 692 Users Say Thank You to mendozinas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2011, 08:49 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,843

Donate to Me
More
How kitchen works

Kitchen originally was build for HTC Desire, but now it supports most devices with Android OS.
Kitchen takes files from your rom and adds modifications you choose.
It works for most custom deodexed roms: Froyo (2.2) and Gingerbead (2.3).
You can use kitchen with stock odexed roms (if you have .odex files in your rom - kitchen works for you too)

How to use kitchen

1. Go to Kitchen page http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

2. Browse through available mods and choose what you need (don't forget to press Generate preview if theris such button)

3. Go to File upload section and upload your files or choose rom from kitchen's list (most roms in the list is for HTC Desire)

Files needed to upload:
Froyo rom: framework-res.apk
Gingerbread rom: framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk
Gingerbread with sense rom: framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk
Cyanogenmod7 rom: Cyanbread.apk or Androidian.apk or any theme for ThemeChooser (rename as you like it to apear in theme menu)

NOTE 1: if you uploading theme apk - do not upload any other files (you just waisting trafic, because kitchen will ignore additional files)

NOTE 2: Font packs and Bootanimation do not requires uploading files.

4. Go to Summary section. All choosed mod must be in green background. If there is mod in red background - it means you did not finished it.

press Submit work to kitchen

5. Remember UOT file name. You can wait for a kitchen to cook your request, but after 5min waiting will be stopped (nothing to worry about).

6. Go to Pickup page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/ and wait for your file to appear (it can take up to 30min or more)

7. Download UOT zip into SD card of your phone

8. Reboot into recovery

9. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache (just in case). Do not make factory reset.

10. Flash UOT zip

11. Reboot phone

How get files for kitchen

Check your How-to page

What to do of the UOT-......... ZIP file

1. Reboot into recovery.
2. choose "install zip from sdcard"
3. choose "choose zip from sdcard"
4. locate your file UOT-... .zip in SD
5. confirm "YES - install UOT ... .zip"
6. wait for script to finish
7. reboot phone

If you cooked file for ThemeChooser - you can unzip UOT and install apk as regular one. After that - select new theme in Theme Chooser and reboot phone.

WARNING! Flash UOT file after you have first boot.
If you flashed new rom, boot up your phone first time
and after that reboot into recovery to flash UOT file.

What to do if you get SHTF error

Kitchen uses inteligent approach to your files and tryes to fix most of errors, but sometimes apk tools fails to recompile your files and kitchen can't do nothing.
If you get SHTF error and want to ask for help in forum - please, mention UOT file name and ROM or Theme you are using. Also, telling your device will be very helpfull.

If you using popular ROM/Theme - you can try to cook our corrected framework-res.apk from the list.
The Following 175 Users Say Thank You to mendozinas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2011, 05:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Just can't get it to work: UOT-05-30-23-15-1
Hi, there, awesome Kitchen. I can't begin to imagine the time and obsession it required.

I ran my first theme today, UOT-05-30-23-15-1, and it's only half working. My notification mods--mostly transparencies--aren't taking.

Theme chooser tells me the file doesn't have all the assets needed for my screen size. I'm using stock Cyanbread as the base on Cyanogenmod 7.0.3.1, SavagedZen 2.1.0 kernel. I'm running a HTC Supersonic Evo. First I flashed; when that didn't suit I Nandroided recovered and tried a simple .apk install. No soap.

Any thoughts? I've attached the modified .apk if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: apk UOTReibread.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.52 MB, 18 views)
4th June 2011, 03:45 PM |#4  
Flag NCR
Thanks Meter: 4

More
mendozinas, the UOT kitchen is amazing! and should b very helpful I have just discovered it this week.

One request. For some of us who are on slow internet speed, it would be great it the Upload file part of the Kitchen can show upload progress.

I have been trying to upload my resources.apk since morning, but due to some reason or other it is now almost night and I am still struggling. The problem is heightened by the fact that I have no idea how much % is uploaded and how much more I need to wait.

Infact it will also tell me when the uploading has stopped in mid because of some error such as modem reboot due to some issue. At the moment I have not been able to upload my file yet, though i started the upload numerous times and it always shows me uploading. I do not know when it is actually uploading, and when I need to restart
4th June 2011, 05:37 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveking9

mendozinas, the UOT kitchen is amazing! and should b very helpful I have just discovered it this week.

One request. For some of us who are on slow internet speed, it would be great it the Upload file part of the Kitchen can show upload progress.

I have been trying to upload my resources.apk since morning, but due to some reason or other it is now almost night and I am still struggling. The problem is heightened by the fact that I have no idea how much % is uploaded and how much more I need to wait.

Infact it will also tell me when the uploading has stopped in mid because of some error such as modem reboot due to some issue. At the moment I have not been able to upload my file yet, though i started the upload numerous times and it always shows me uploading. I do not know when it is actually uploading, and when I need to restart

when uploading - you can see progress bar. if you not see it - uploading is not started.
4th June 2011, 09:10 PM |#6  
Flag NCR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendozinas

when uploading - you can see progress bar. if you not see it - uploading is not started.

Then I think there may a bug in your page. I tested in both Chrome and IE 9, but what happens is that as soon as you give the page a file, it shows a progress bar, but it goes all the way up to 100% right away. In the background the upload keeps on going. So for me, the files did get uploaded eventually and I was able to cook them successfully, but the upload progress shown was incorrect.

A screen shot is attached, where the progress bar is up to 100% but actually my upload is going on (and it shows 'complete' after a minute).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	progress.png
Views:	121
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	615998  
4th June 2011, 06:31 PM |#7  
Flag NCR

More
Another question, maybe it can help that with your mod tabs, you can mention which mod required which files to be uploaded. com.htc.resources.apk is a relatively big file, so if not needed, I would not want to upload it every time and make it part of the flash.
4th June 2011, 07:13 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveking9

Another question, maybe it can help that with your mod tabs, you can mention which mod required which files to be uploaded. com.htc.resources.apk is a relatively big file, so if not needed, I would not want to upload it every time and make it part of the flash.

com.htc.resources.apk is required to correctly decompile SystemUI.apk.
There is said in how to page - Fonts and Bootanimations do not requires any file upload.
All other files needed to determine what kind of rom you have Froyo or GB.
2nd July 2011, 01:26 PM |#9  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Talking Thanks a tonne
Quote:

How kitchen works

Kitchen originally was build for HTC Desire, but now it supports most devices with Android OS.
Kitchen takes files from your rom and adds modifications you choose.
It works for most custom deodexed roms: Froyo (2.2) and Gingerbead (2.3).
You can use kitchen with stock odexed roms (if you have .odex files in your rom - kitchen works for you too)

How to use kitchen

1. Go to Kitchen page http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

2. Browse through available mods and choose what you need (don't forget to press Generate preview if theris such button)

3. Go to File upload section and upload your files or choose rom from kitchen's list (most roms in the list is for HTC Desire)

Files needed to upload:
Froyo rom: framework-res.apk
Gingerbread rom: framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk
Gingerbread with sense rom: framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk
Cyanogenmod7 rom: Cyanbread.apk or Androidian.apk or any theme for ThemeChooser (rename as you like it to apear in theme menu)

NOTE 1: if you uploading theme apk - do not upload any other files (you just waisting trafic, because kitchen will ignore additional files)

NOTE 2: Font packs and Bootanimation do not requires uploading files.

4. Go to Summary section. All choosed mod must be in green background. If there is mod in red background - it means you did not finished it.

press Submit work to kitchen

5. Remember UOT file name. You can wait for a kitchen to cook your request, but after 5min waiting will be stopped (nothing to worry about).

6. Go to Pickup page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/ and wait for your file to appear (it can take up to 30min or more)

7. Download UOT zip into SD card of your phone

8. Reboot into recovery

9. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache (just in case). Do not make factory reset.

10. Flash UOT zip

11. Reboot phone

How get files for kitchen

Check your How-to page

What to do of the UOT-......... ZIP file

1. Reboot into recovery.
2. choose "install zip from sdcard"
3. choose "choose zip from sdcard"
4. locate your file UOT-... .zip in SD
5. confirm "YES - install UOT ... .zip"
6. wait for script to finish
7. reboot phone

If you cooked file for ThemeChooser - you can unzip UOT and install apk as regular one. After that - select new theme in Theme Chooser and reboot phone.

WARNING! Flash UOT file after you have first boot.
If you flashed new rom, boot up your phone first time
and after that reboot into recovery to flash UOT file.

What to do if you get SHTF error

Kitchen uses inteligent approach to your files and tryes to fix most of errors, but sometimes apk tools fails to recompile your files and kitchen can't do nothing.
If you get SHTF error and want to ask for help in forum - please, mention UOT file name and ROM or Theme you are using. Also, telling your device will be very helpfull.

If you using popular ROM/Theme - you can try to cook our corrected framework-res.apk from the list.

just to say it works on eclair also my friend thanks a billion wohooooooooooooo
The Following User Says Thank You to prateek.maac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prateek.maac Ad-Free
21st July 2011, 01:15 PM |#10  
Flag Howick
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Greetings...

I found UOT Kitchen the other day and only got a chance to try it today, Got a few questions that I can't seem to figure out though. Perhaps someone could clarify this for me? Both relate to the same idea: I want to get the theme I just made into the Theme Manager on my phone, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Firstly:
Quote:

I was keeping an eye out for it, but I didn't see any options to select 'Theme Chooser' while I was working through UOTK.. Did I maybe miss it somewhere or is it not really an 'option' to select?

Secondly:
Quote:

As stated in my sig, I'm running Oxygen 2.1.6, so I selected that option at the end before submitting the files to the kitchen.

If somebody wants to have a look, my number (order number?) was UOT-07-21-12-43-2. Otherwise I can share the file if that helps... It's nothing fancy, just a predominantly transparent black and white theme, but it's done to my taste.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread