[ROM][2012-12-18 | 2012-12-14] Lewa OS

452 posts
Thanks Meter: 143

By v5HMeca, Senior Member on 12th June 2012, 11:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2012, 05:35 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
What rom did you use before this? I always use run the GB miui's and I saw your name around the themes forum

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

13th June 2012, 05:57 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprano

Can you deodex this rom? Its kinda difficult to theme on odexed rom..

MIUIeD UP!

Experimental release will always be deodexed. I can offer a deodexed variant of the main release as well, but I figured it was unnecessary with the MIUI theme engine. [Update: I must have been confused back when I made this post, because it doesn't support the MIUI theme engine. It is simply inspired by the MIUI theme engine.]

Does everyone prefer deodex? If so, I can drop the odex version all together since odexing is a pain the ass. lol

edit-

Added deodexed variant.
Updated the experimental version.
The Following User Says Thank You to v5HMeca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v5HMeca Ad-Free
13th June 2012, 09:04 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Been running this since yesterday must say pretty smooth not only is it fast but with that Mason rc4 kernal battery life is good

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ZzHacks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZzHacks Ad-Free
13th June 2012, 11:48 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpydooby

[size=3]Lewa OS

It supports the MIUI theming engine (cf. *.mtz) and has a built-in theme downloader.

How can I use a miui theme on this ROM. I've downloaded a few but the themes app doesn't load it

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to kendotelie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kendotelie Ad-Free
14th June 2012, 12:16 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendotelie

How can I use a miui theme on this ROM. I've downloaded a few but the themes app doesn't load it

I don't know a whole lot about MIUI themes, but I wouldn't expect it to work with them right out of the box. It just uses the MIUI theme engine. Just like some ROMs use MIUI Camera or MIUI Music Player. This ROM uses MIUI theme engine. The themes themselves have to support Lewa. I'll clarify that in the first post. [Update: I must have been confused back when I made this post, because it doesn't support the MIUI theme engine. It is simply inspired by the MIUI theme engine.]
The Following User Says Thank You to v5HMeca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v5HMeca Ad-Free
14th June 2012, 02:47 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
does front facing camera work??
14th June 2012, 03:29 AM |#27  
Corona
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is there a way to remove the chinese characters from the lock screen?
14th June 2012, 03:49 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwater22

does front facing camera work??

Yeah. Works with stock camera app. I didn't do much testing with third-party camera apps.
14th June 2012, 03:53 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fertilizer

Is there a way to remove the chinese characters from the lock screen?

I think it's theme-dependent. I did try looking for those characters, but without being able to copy/paste, I can't use grep. Manually sifting through some files didn't reveal it, so I'm guessing it's the theme.

Incomplete localization is listed as a "known issue." I will eventually localize the rest of the ROM, but since I'm not much of a designer, I doubt I'll do too much messing around with themes.
14th June 2012, 03:58 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridincrew,

I got it on it, my tablet won't read the hotspot it says (finding ip address) and I can't see my apps lol but other than that its great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circaflex

EDIT: just tried hotspot using the built in utility and I am getting the same error, unable to actually establish an internet connection.

Are you running papa smurf scripts? I am, just so OP has an idea if its the rom or scripts if you arent using them its a ROM issue.

I apologize for not noticing these. I didn't test wifi hotspot. I meant to before releasing this, but I forgot. I'll place high priority on getting it working.
14th June 2012, 11:13 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
- fixed Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
- updated pre-installed APKs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v5HMeca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v5HMeca Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)