2,031 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,672

By TrevE, Retired Recognized Developer on 2nd January 2013, 06:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2013, 04:08 AM |#21  
Middle Earth
Thanks Meter: 348

More
I probably shouldn't have, but I flashed the patch in my new Samsung Galaxy Note II. US Cellular CDMA. Odin rooted.

The flash said successful and then I installed the apk.

Open it and it says there is no patch and gives link to XDA thread. (screenshot attached.)

Oh well, seems like no harm done. It didn't break anything as far as I can tell.

I'd love to have Pdroid working on this phone.

Just a side note. I extracted the Permissions Manager .apk from a MIUI rom (evo 3d) and it installs and works just fine. (don't use the root manager leave that up to superSU)
Its not as extensive as Pdroid but it does let you lock down all your installed apps.
Attached Files
File Type: apk PermissionsManager.apk - [Click for QR Code] (383.8 KB, 77 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zcink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zcink Ad-Free

6th January 2013, 04:26 AM |#22  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 428

More
You stole my project. j/k

Glad to see this working!
The Following User Says Thank You to Noxious Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Noxious Ninja Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 03:53 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Pdroid doesn't see google wallet. I was just playing with it and google wallet does not show up in the list. Not sure if any other apps don't show up but GW doesn't on my phone.
6th January 2013, 09:03 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 466

Donate to Me
More
I ported over all of the files into the respective jar files on the Note 2, got it booting up and now the only thing I have left is this logcat

Code:
I/BootTime(2997):  Fail Safe scanning for:/data/app/PDroid_TrevEMod.apk
E/dalvikvm(11016):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(11016):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
I/ActivityManager(2997):  Killing proc 11016:net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative/u0a154: force stop
E/dalvikvm(12236):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(12236):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
D/PDroidAlternative(12236):  Executing DBInterface.DBHelper.onCreate
That happens when I open the app.
7th January 2013, 09:16 AM |#25  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7

I ported over all of the files into the respective jar files on the Note 2, got it booting up and now the only thing I have left is this logcat

Code:
I/BootTime(2997):  Fail Safe scanning for:/data/app/PDroid_TrevEMod.apk
E/dalvikvm(11016):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(11016):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
I/ActivityManager(2997):  Killing proc 11016:net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative/u0a154: force stop
E/dalvikvm(12236):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(12236):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
D/PDroidAlternative(12236):  Executing DBInterface.DBHelper.onCreate
That happens when I open the app.

How did you port them? What was your method? Did you clear your Dalvik after you flashed/pushed your ported jars?
7th January 2013, 11:02 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 466

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brashmadcap

How did you port them? What was your method? Did you clear your Dalvik after you flashed/pushed your ported jars?

I changed each file line by line using the source and the comparison between his file and the original as a reference. De-compiled files like any other method and Recompiled. Yes I cleared Dalvik after flashing. It looks like it is trying to find one file and I don't know where that one is.
7th January 2013, 01:13 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Oh my god oh my godohmygod!
Is this working on wanamlite for international i9300?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 03:13 PM |#28  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've been getting force closes for Facebook as well, I'm also getting them for the Any.Do app.

I was running Synergy r147 - full wipe, data only restore from TWRP.

I've gone back to Synergy r125 but will re-flash r147 in you need logs.
7th January 2013, 07:52 PM |#29  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7

I changed each file line by line using the source and the comparison between his file and the original as a reference. De-compiled files like any other method and Recompiled. Yes I cleared Dalvik after flashing. It looks like it is trying to find one file and I don't know where that one is.

Also looking to move this to the Note II
Did you decompile in Linux or Cygwin? Like $java -jar whatever?

It kept giving me a manifest error. Do you remember the command you used? Mine is somewhere in my bash history but I'm at work and not in front of the machine I attempted it on. I'd like to get in on this and help out. Also check out windiff if you'd like to diff the files more easily.
7th January 2013, 08:22 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I tried installing this on Clean Rom Lite Edition 4.5, which I hoped would work because it's basically a stripped-down stock touchwiz. But no go - I continuously get "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."

I did wipe cache & dalvik cache and ran fix permissions after installing.
7th January 2013, 11:03 PM |#31  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-y-no

I tried installing this on Clean Rom Lite Edition 4.5, which I hoped would work because it's basically a stripped-down stock touchwiz. But no go - I continuously get "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."

I did wipe cache & dalvik cache and ran fix permissions after installing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevE

If you want to use this prebuilt into a rom - starting tonight (01Jan13 r147) Synergy builds will have this framework already ported in. You will just need to load on an APK to start blocking perms. Other rom devs I have included just the framework in post 2 - just make sure to give credit back to me/this thread- this took awhile to port over

As OP stated, rom devs need to include the framework in order to utilize pdroid. I don't think Clean Rom Lite supports it yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)