Thanks Meter: 9,399

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: Development retired
14th January 2013, 08:31 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

a user's network tweaks are now baked in to the ROM, so no need for that userinit.sh anymore. [github commit]

I also increased /sys/block/mmcblk0/bdi/read_ahead_kb from 1024 to 2048 as previously suggested by michelD. [github commit]

The other 2 suggested values will be kept as they are for now as wifi.supplicant_scan_interval is pretty close to CM default that I checked from official device repos and I'm not convinced that build.prop setting ro.ril.disable.power.collapse actually exists in Android's codebase anymore thus the only logical thing to do would be to remove the build.prop value altogether (source). Users can still change those values themselves with various tools (ie. CM FileManager) if they want to do so.

So build on 15/01 will have those stuffs. So excited to get this build.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to tsmt971@yahoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tsmt971@yahoo Ad-Free

14th January 2013, 09:36 PM |#102  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 113

More
i have a question that has been bothering me for a while now. Why is the google sound search app disabled by default and if i enable it disables again upon reboot?
14th January 2013, 09:48 PM |#103  
Flag Behind the road
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondocel

i have a question that has been bothering me for a while now. Why is the google sound search app disabled by default and if i enable it disables again upon reboot?

I have no problem on it ., update the gNow ..

Sent from my hTC Desire HD powered RottenBrotten v1 by me™
14th January 2013, 09:52 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 2,039

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

a user's network tweaks are now baked in to the ROM, so no need for that userinit.sh anymore. [github commit]

I also increased /sys/block/mmcblk0/bdi/read_ahead_kb from 1024 to 2048 as previously suggested by michelD. [github commit]

The other 2 suggested values will be kept as they are for now as wifi.supplicant_scan_interval is pretty close to CM default that I checked from official device repos and I'm not convinced that build.prop setting ro.ril.disable.power.collapse actually exists in Android's codebase anymore thus the only logical thing to do would be to remove the build.prop value altogether (source). Users can still change those values themselves with various tools (ie. CM FileManager) if they want to do so.

some additional information:
1. the wifi scan interval has only power saving effects if you have turned on notification of available wlan spots, which is default, and if you leave your wlan on all the time even if you are not connected. i assume most people turn it either manually of or use something like llama to do it automatically.
hence it won't affect these people.

2. the ro.ril.enable.dtm property is special one. actually dtm is a feature of some mobile networks available in a few countries.
a) if your network supports it you do not lose much no matter what setting it is set. though you gain some extra speed if it is on ( =1).
b) if your network does not support it and you have it turned on than it dramatically cuts down your download speeds.

in my case with dtm on i have download speeds of 140kBit /s on mobile. dtm turned off close to 4000kBit/s.

now considering a) and b) turning it off is safe way. no one loses much. also, from my experience there are only a few countries where this features is available, though i have too few numbers to actually can judge how significant it is. but because of b) i would suggest to have it turned off by default and let it to the users to turn it on if they can profit from dtm.

p.s. he settings you have included from my userinit.sh improve how efficient the mobile can use the tcp connection. so not all will experience such a big improvement like i did if they are limited on a different point. and on mobile data its effect becomes even less observable. though, they cause no harm: worst case it remains as good as without them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a user For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a user Ad-Free
14th January 2013, 09:52 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 2,073

More
Quote:

+1 I've to unfreeze Google Audio search feature in Titanium after each reboot to have the widget enable on homescreen

I wonder if it has something to do with Google services not available in some countries (buying music, books etc.. within google play store is not enable for my country for example)
14th January 2013, 09:54 PM |#106  

More
ah, as interesting report note:
today i used my bluetooth headset with the current 20130114 rom and it worked fine. i was told the i sounded on the receivers and like always... too lound, too anoying and too arrogant :P

so currently i have no bugs found with this rom, or at least none worth of remembering :P
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to a user For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a user Ad-Free
14th January 2013, 09:59 PM |#107  
Flag Behind the road

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a user

ah, as interesting report note:
today i used my bluetooth headset with the current 20130114 rom and it worked fine. i was told the i sounded on the receivers and like always... too lound, too anoying and too arrogant :P

so currently i have no bugs found with this rom, or at least none worth of remembering :P

Great ! , i just send a file trough my laptop to the device .. Working ..

Oh ya , still getting freeze , lots of time ...
But this is faakin smoothhh .. , great performance ..

14th January 2013, 10:11 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazsxdcfv

Oh ya , still getting freeze , lots of time ...
But this is faakin smoothhh .. , great performance ..

what settings do you have changed under settings/developer and settings/performance or anything else?

the only way i manged to get lockups was using the kernel page merging feature and useing the peformance version of the kangbang kernel. in the latter case i get bluescreens and bootloops immediately after the white htc splash screen
14th January 2013, 10:19 PM |#109  
Flag Behind the road

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a user

what settings do you have changed under settings/developer and settings/performance or anything else?

the only way i manged to get lockups was using the kernel page merging feature and useing the peformance version of the kangbang kernel. in the latter case i get bluescreens and bootloops immediately after the white htc splash screen

On the performance , i/o = deadline , 1200 max , 275 min , smartassv2

On the devs , disable overlay , usb debugging , root for apps and adb , kill app with back button ..

But i uses my own customized kernel ( but its compiled from kb-stable branch with kangbang performance config ) .. Just that .. No plus no minus ..

14th January 2013, 10:19 PM |#110  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoire

+1 I've to unfreeze Google Audio search feature in Titanium after each reboot to have the widget enable on homescreen

I wonder if it has something to do with Google services not available in some countries (buying music, books etc.. within google play store is not enable for my country for example)

Actualy i dpn't think it has anything to do with the availability of google services. I have a friend who owns a galaxy s1 and the sound search app is working for him.
If anyone knows how to fix this strange issue please post a tutorial.
Thank you
14th January 2013, 10:21 PM |#111  
Flag Behind the road

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Actualy i dpn't think it has anything to do with the availability of google services. I have a friend who owns a galaxy s1 and the sound search app is working for him.
If anyone knows how to fix this strange issue please post a tutorial.
Thank you

Do you have update the thing ? Later case , i have that problem .. But solved after update the app ..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.1, ace, cm10.1, cyanogenmod, desire hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)