I'm a new user of android phone (literally) specifically Xperia Active ST17. A hands-me-down from my father. It's untouched so it's the first time for it to be tweaked by me since I want to update from the stock Gingerbread (2.3.4). Though I picked JellyBean 4.3 (CM 10.2) instead of Kitkat since like I mentioned, I'm still quite the newb that is still slowly learning the terms around. Also basing to "Installing LegacyXperia for Dummies" on github made me decide to go for this CM.
Though I believe I've followed the steps accurately enough, I have this problem after the last step "Reboot system now". The "Legacy Xperia" with a pinkish/purple LED light shows but then goes to blank/black screen, hang and stuck, with a little backlight. I've waited for more than hour but it's still not progressing. I can't turn it off with the power button and the touch is unresponsive. I have to remove the battery to force shut down. I try to power it off and off a few times (but I'm afraid it might do some damage) but still no luck. When I power on and Press&Hold Vol. Up*, I can enter the Recovery. But I'm still lost on what to do so please enlighten me and have your guidance.
I apologize and thank you for the time.
(Please do excuse my grammar.)
1. flash LX kernel from rom.zip (boot.img) (just extraxt & leave rom.zip like it is (no repacking!)) via fastboot.
2. go recovery. make sure you have rom.zip on SD
3. go to mounts & storage menu, there FORMAT /system + /data + /cache
4. install rom (legacyxperia cm10.2)
5. OPTIONAL: flash gapps (google apps like playstore , services etc) ONLY USE THESE: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/im2...#dtsqbkrhl0enp ==> use the GApps_Core!!!
6. reboot. all should be fine now