Thanks Meter: 9,430

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: End-of-Life
11th December 2013, 11:05 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

Yeah, I removed the hack. As far as I understood, these two commits should properly fix the volume ID issue brought in by fuse wrapping:

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...ider/+/5d36def
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...vold/+/0de365f

The thing is though that CM has implemented support for ext4/exfat/ntfs/whatever sdcards (and some more changes) and I've a very strong hunch some of that is conflicting with these upstream changes. I planned to try to drop all that extra stuff and rebuild MediaProvider+vold from AOSP with only non-related commits from CM and see what happens. Evervolv also dropped the hack and haven't gone back to it, at least not yet, so I assume upstream has really fixed it.

So some how the media provider is fixed in this nightly? Or on next nightly will be fixed?

P.S. It's so cool to see your browser again! :P hahahaha!

11th December 2013, 11:14 AM |#502  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Any idea if the Black screen issue will be fixed? It makes it impossible to complete me 2 form factor authentication because the sign in uses the default browser which doesn't work.

edit: sorry if that came across rude, I don't mean it to be rude. Just curious as it seems no 4.4 roms have fixed it yet.
11th December 2013, 11:16 AM |#503  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoizey

Any idea if the Black screen issue will ever be fixed? It makes it impossible to complete me 2 form factor authentication because the sign in uses the default browser which doesn't work.

Why don't u use Chrome and make them as default browser? Chrome works for sure!
11th December 2013, 11:25 AM |#504  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guichinga

Why don't u use Chrome and make them as default browser? Chrome works for sure!

Well i couldn't get on the playstore due to being unable to log in but i'll just grab the apk and install it from sdcard. cheers mate! hope it works!!
11th December 2013, 11:44 AM |#505  
Flag HCM
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoizey

Well i couldn't get on the playstore due to being unable to log in but i'll just grab the apk and install it from sdcard. cheers mate! hope it works!!

Try to reflash google apps
11th December 2013, 11:48 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelopidass

So some how the media provider is fixed in this nightly? Or on next nightly will be fixed?

P.S. It's so cool to see your browser again! :P hahahaha!

It shouldn't work on clean flashes as MediaProvider can't index the contents of the sdcard without proper volumeID which it can't currently receive. If you dirty flashed, you probably have old index databases showing up stuff that the previously working MediaProvider put there. New pictures and other media files shouldn't show up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 11:58 AM |#507  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:

Here's a test build with paulb_nl's ION work: http://www.sendspace.com/file/92lcpd

I didn't want to push this to regular hosting sites because it has broken MediaProvider and for example GooManager would offer it as an update. I guess I need to restore the previous hacky fix for it until CM fixes its bad merges unless I misunderstood AOSP commits to make fuse wrapped sdcard work with MediaProvider. So, the build doesn't show any pictures in gallery nor custom ringtones in ringtone selection etc. I know it's broken, no need to make posts about it. Flaws like this would be acceptable in automated nightly builds but not with manual builds when broken piece was working before.

If/When sendspace runs out of bandwidth, I won't reupload. Hopefully we have a build with working MediaProvider tomorrow.

I just tested the rom and I am really impressed!
1. SIM-PIN entry is now showing properly!
2. Dolphin and Aqua mail are no longer showing the black box! Hurra!!!
3. Sound on incoming SMS was working in Hangouts!
4. Camera is working fine - captured pictures are shown not immediately - but after 30 seconds they are shown properly.
5. Performance seems to be better than before again

GREAT WORK Musta & Paul!
11th December 2013, 12:10 PM |#508  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotncc

Try to reflash google apps

It doesn't work because Google system apps use the stock browser which doesn't work, even if i set chrome to default it still uses the stock browser.

I'm trying the 10th of Dec build that was posted above.
11th December 2013, 12:23 PM |#509  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Yeah, I removed the hack. As far as I understood, these two commits should properly fix the volume ID issue brought in by fuse wrapping:

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...ider/+/5d36def
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...vold/+/0de365f

The thing is though that CM has implemented support for ext4/exfat/ntfs/whatever sdcards (and some more changes) and I've a very strong hunch some of that is conflicting with these upstream changes. I planned to try to drop all that extra stuff and rebuild MediaProvider+vold from AOSP with only non-related commits from CM and see what happens. Evervolv also dropped the hack and haven't gone back to it, at least not yet, so I assume upstream has really fixed it.

Could you please provide me the cynogenmod link where ntfs and exfat is supported. I need it to read and write large files???

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
11th December 2013, 12:33 PM |#510  
Flag BRZEG
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:

It shouldn't work on clean flashes as MediaProvider can't index the contents of the sdcard without proper volumeID which it can't currently receive. If you dirty flashed, you probably have old index databases showing up stuff that the previously working MediaProvider put there. New pictures and other media files shouldn't show up.

I've made clean flash and about 30 minutes later system start showing media in gallery and apollo.
Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
11th December 2013, 12:45 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTSOS

First of all I want to thank Musta and Paul for the great work. This rom is awesome.

I just dirty flashed the latest test version and I get all the time fc from android.process.media. Webview works fine but I can not open Play store and camera among others because of this process fc'ing. Anyone else has this problem? I am redownloading the zip and I will try a clean flash if all else fails.

+1 gonna download Banks 4.4.1 finally. Fingers crossed.

I didn't mean to dirty flash tho. Used ROM manager & hit back up 1st than full wipe before install.For some reason it aborted towards the end of back up. From there, just installed while curling my lip.(Forgot to manually wipe ). Did full wipe after, even battery stats. Kept getting same toast.

Like I said tho, gonna go for Banks 4.4.1 & full wipe MANUALLY.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace, cm11, desire hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)