By bokiteam, Junior Member on 7th July 2009, 06:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2010, 02:46 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi

Yes, we only need the two files ( BVocabulary.exe and BVocabulary.dll ) then we can use this application.

We can find BVocabulary.dll in packages of old versions, or you could get it from http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html...=prod7150551pg

Regarding the displaying multi-dictionaries at the same time, this is unsupported yet. ( if we want to get different result, we could manually switch different dictionary )

To install the pronunciation database, please download WyabdcRealPeopleTTS @ sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/star...RealPeopleTTS/

then uncompressed the zip(tar.bz2) file, put the WyabdcRealPeopleTTS folder to the same directory as BVocabulary.exe

Verification:
Search "book" or "good" in BVocabulary, it should able to pronounce now.

Some more info:
Here is a link that provides a step by step introduction to install BVocabulary ( ex: install stardict dictionary, pronunciation, phonetic font ...etc ), however, it was in Chinese, I post a Google translation link as following:

http://translate.google.com/translat...&sl=auto&tl=en

12th January 2010, 03:22 PM |#12  

More
thanks bokiteam, will try it out!!
12th January 2010, 04:04 PM |#13  

More
Hi bokiteam, I am having problem installing giving me this error message:

MissingMethodException
This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device.

can i know how to check the Net Compact Framework version in my mobile phone. I am using WM6.5
13th January 2010, 12:31 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Taipei

More
Hi

BVocabulary required .Net Compact Framework 3.5

The default in WM devices I guess .Net CF 2.0

We can check .Net CF version in 'Add/Remove program' ( if you installed it manually before )

Please try 3.5, I think it will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by msia

Hi bokiteam, I am having problem installing giving me this error message:

MissingMethodException
This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device.

can i know how to check the Net Compact Framework version in my mobile phone. I am using WM6.5

16th January 2010, 11:36 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi Bokiteam,

BVocabulary is really a great peace of software, thanks for coding!

The only nasty problem I've discovered so far, is that BVocabulary doesn't interpret some Stardict tags like <k>, </k>. It's basically the same problem as described here:
http://member.teesoft.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=294

It would be very nice if you could fix it in one of the next releases

P.S. One more question? Can BVocabulary accept command line parameters? I mean, if you have many dictionaries and quickly want to access a certain one, it would be very convenient to create a shortcut like "BVocabulary.exe -DictA.ifo" So you could have a shortcut for each dictionary in your start menu like
Dict A - "BVocabulary.exe -DictA.ifo"
Dict B - "BVocabulary.exe -DictB.ifo"
Dict C - "BVocabulary.exe -DictC.ifo"

That would also be great.
17th January 2010, 05:45 AM |#16  
OP Junior Member
Flag Taipei

More
Hi Bombenbach,

Please find below link for a newer version ( BVocabulary VIVID - v20090117 )

http://sites.google.com/site/bvocabu...d_20090117.zip

It can interpret the tags and photos

( To display photo, need to put the dict in root directory, ex: ( \Storage Card\AABBCC\AABBCC.ifo )

For shortcut to load different dict, here is a workaround:

Please find the hidden file in the same folder of BVocabulary.exe ( or BVocabularyViVid.exe )

BVocabulary.cfg ( this is a text file )

Modify the content to necessary dicts ...
ex:
\Storage Card\stardict-quick_eng-kor-2.4.2\EXAMPLE.ifo

then ....

create as many as folders to process them ... :P

Thank you for your idea, I will consider it.
BR,
Boki.
17th January 2010, 01:03 PM |#17  

More
Thank you for your prompt answer! Bvocabulary Vivid works great *happy*
25th January 2010, 03:54 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 691

More
Does anyone have bvocabulary working flawlessly on HTC HD2?

In Vivid version I always have the same bug: the data doesn't autofit the screen and I can't scroll down and right properly.

25th January 2010, 08:51 PM |#19  

More
Well, actually I also can't see any scrollbars on my TP2, but at least I still can use the arrow buttons to scroll up or down. You may try to remap some buttons on your HD2 to up/down-buttons as I did on my TP2.

It would be nice if I could scroll with my fingers on the touchscreen like in Opera, Word or Outlook, but it seems that BVocabulary Vivid doesn't support that yet.
26th January 2010, 03:29 PM |#20  
OP Junior Member
Flag Taipei

More
Hi

You *may* able to scroll screen by touch screen.

I just tested BVocabulary Standard 2.31 and BVocabulary Vivid 2.2 on HTC diamond (WM6.1), both can do touch scroll.

FYI

BR,
Boki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombenbach

Well, actually I also can't see any scrollbars on my TP2, but at least I still can use the arrow buttons to scroll up or down. You may try to remap some buttons on your HD2 to up/down-buttons as I did on my TP2.

It would be nice if I could scroll with my fingers on the touchscreen like in Opera, Word or Outlook, but it seems that BVocabulary Vivid doesn't support that yet.

26th January 2010, 03:34 PM |#21  
OP Junior Member
Flag Taipei

More
Hi myself11,

Maybe setup a smaller font size in BVocabulary(setup->other setting->font size) could help as workaround for now.

BR,
Boki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

Does anyone have bvocabulary working flawlessly on HTC HD2?

In Vivid version I always have the same bug: the data doesn't autofit the screen and I can't scroll down and right properly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)