FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD]OGYouTube v3.5 Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback [STOPPED]

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,290

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from OsamaGhareeb: YouTube (Downloader, Popup, Background & ScreenOff playback)
22nd April 2017, 03:25 AM |#6151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please make it so we don't have to download another your own GAPPS.

22nd April 2017, 03:46 AM |#6152  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWarrior

Hi AL!

I managed to solve the history problem.✌😁
It wasn't the hosts file (AdAway). I found a discussion here on XDA where a user told that having more than one YouTube account or channel can cause this problem of not showing any history.
In my nephews case he always was logged in with his channel he created only for YouTube. This doesn't show history. Logging in with his Google account was the answer. All history shown!
EDIT: Meanwhile we even found out that it is possible to merge YouTube channels and accounts
via PC. History still working.

We also got your black theme working.πŸ‘
De-installed / wiped all related to OG, micro and YouTube. Reboot. Re-installed all (with normal package installer) and all working well. Great!

@ OG and all:
Just one thing which is really annoying: Every time he opens OGYT or returns to a video from background playback there is this window telling that there is a YouTube update. Really really annoying. And strangely I don't get this update promt at all...

Why is that?

Great stuff!

You are 100% right: I also have 2 IDs registered which I thought the second one was simply a different name associated with the same gmail account. But switching to my original one, history was back. I haven't tried merging them on the PC yet, but will do. Thanks.

And btw, I did confirm somewhere before that it wasn't the hosts file edits and also previously suggested to uninstall, reboot and reinstall whenever something goes wrong with new versions. But glad you've worked it out anyway.

No clue on the available update warning as I also have yet to see it (and was going to suggest taking a screenshot as OG has just done).
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 03:59 AM |#6153  
Flag Brantford
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Thank you og! Finally 99% works just like it should! :d :d
I just updated to 3.1 a couple days ago and it's the best update to date for sure I love it!! (Galaxy S7, Canadian, Rogers).

Really the only minor thing I've noticed so far is the new scrubbing feature is a liiiiittle glitchy sometimes. Like for example it will jump from +5 sec to +50 sec even if I move my thumb super slow.. Doesn't happen every time but enough that I just turned it off and continued using Google's built in double tap to seek.. Which is great because OG gives us the option to switch back!!!

I also noticed the old "bug" is gone or has been fixed that used to stop OgYouTube audio playing in the background after like 1-2 min when the app is minimized which is awesome! That has been happening to me for like going on 3 years now and 2 different flagship phones and now I can finally listen to any YouTube video in the background while doing whatever else in another app, sometimes 1-2 hour long videos and it just keeps playing in the background. Yeahhhh 🀘🀘

In my opinion it's pretty much perfect. Thanks for your time and hard work OG!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 519FlyBoy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 519FlyBoy Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 04:11 AM |#6154  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
your microG download link on your website is dead.

I attempted to download MicroG from the MicroG website, not sure which APK I need, but I got a "corrup file" error.

-S8+ Tmo
22nd April 2017, 08:55 AM |#6155  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello
Can you add an option to magnify the videos on the Galaxy S8 on the entire screen?
The Following User Says Thank You to erwin7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erwin7 Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 09:12 AM |#6156  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeal415

your microG download link on your website is dead.

I attempted to download MicroG from the MicroG website, not sure which APK I need, but I got a "corrup file" error.

-S8+ Tmo

Sorry, I have no time to upload it somewhere for you, but the normal MicroG will not work with OGYT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGMods

Try to uninstall both OGYT and microG (if you have any older version)
And install the version that you downloaded from my SITE (since its modified and you can't use the original microG) and try again

Edit: look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=71923309 and try downloading the the 3.1 root module and look into the archive, you must be able to pull the microG from it (although I admit that I haven't tried and know nothing about Magisk)
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 10:40 AM |#6157  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [

AL [];71972167]Great stuff!

You are 100% right: I also have 2 IDs registered which I thought the second one was simply a different name associated with the same gmail account. But switching to my original one, history was back. I haven't tried merging them on the PC yet, but will do. Thanks.

And btw, I did confirm somewhere before that it wasn't the hosts file edits and also previously suggested to uninstall, reboot and reinstall whenever something goes wrong with new versions. But glad you've worked it out anyway.

No clue on the available update warning as I also have yet to see it (and was going to suggest taking a screenshot as OG has just done).

You're welcome.

And yes, I read your suggestion to uninstall, reboot and reinstall before. We did so. But somehow our first attempt didn't work. This time we searched manually via file manager for leftovers and let SD Maid clean all. So maybe that helped...

Btw. the update promt on my nephew's phone looks a little different, than Freewander10's...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170421-WA0006.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	4121870  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetalWarrior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MetalWarrior Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 11:45 AM |#6158  
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Donated to remove ads. Thank you for the awesome mod!
The Following User Says Thank You to 24imelqui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 24imelqui Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 12:04 PM |#6159  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

Sorry, I have no time to upload it somewhere for you, but the normal MicroG will not work with OGYT:

Edit: look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=71923309 and try downloading the the 3.1 root module and look into the archive, you must be able to pull the microG from it (although I admit that I haven't tried and know nothing about Magisk)

Thank you for that ! It worked

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Komodoketavaran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Komodoketavaran Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 01:48 PM |#6160  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [

AL [];71974878]Sorry, I have no time to upload it somewhere for you, but the normal MicroG will not work.

Edited: microg was in there, worked like a charm thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeal415 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zeal415 Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 01:50 PM |#6161  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
hi all,this may of been noted already,and may or may not help,if already mentioned then let me no and i will delete post,so as i use microg no gapps,when trying to install OGmicro g,i get notification saying app not installed due to package name,so as a test,i put the apk in system/priv/app
rebooted and boom ...its working and can log into my account...great😊

Sent from my S III using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)