[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
As of right now I have to wait another year till I'm due for an upgrade, but....If I could right now I would get the HTC One X in a heartbeat...Sense 4.0 with ICS is amazing. I prefer Sense over just pure ICS.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using XDA

levionx

Jan 24, 2011
disappointed with the gsIII :(

looking forward to the LG 4X HD (nice outlook as its Prada phone as well as the screen)

Parcae

Apr 8, 2012
This ain't gonna happen, but I would like to see this:
Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Nexus Note running ICS w/ only soft keys.

The Galaxy Note 2 will probably be out in 6 months, if they keep to their normal production schedule. Of course, by then there will be a million other phablet competitors: the Eluga Power, LG Optimus Vu, and various as yet unnamed phones from HTC and ZTE.

I'd say that it's probably a good idea to wait a few months if you're in the market for a phablet and don't have to upgrade just yet. Even if you just wind up going with the original Galaxy Note, by then it will be much cheaper because of the competition.

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
hmm guys if i was to get a high end phone(quad core) should i get:

HTC : One X
- awesome build quality
- good customer service

Samsung: SGS III
- good performance (so i heard)
- what else o_O not released yet...

CataVlad

Apr 28, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
SGS 4

probaby galaxy S4 :) just bought S2 and S3 seems to be sucking very badly on the design side. too big and too curvy from the last leaks i've seen. and still having a physical home button.

Last edited:

SinisterModz

Mar 30, 2012
You guys are failing to see the power of the Exynos 4 Quad Processor.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Siener

Apr 28, 2012
Depending on when the new IPhone comes out, I've heard a few release dates, but I'll get it or the Galaxy Note either way it's a win for me :D

antcox HD

Apr 18, 2012
South Yorkshire
Mine plans on being the HTC One X. Since getting the Desire HD and being a 24 month contract, I have been impressed with the HTC brand and not just DHD but the subsequent phones that have come out since then.

Only thing I am keeping an eye on is the teething problems people seem to be having with them. Hopefully by the time my contract is up for renewal in July, they will be sorted out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Any hint how I can obtain physical access to a device that I don't own yet in order to install this certainly great app for the suggested check?
    G53 is a low end phone - G42 is a better choice.
    Amoled, FHD, better SoC etc

Xperia 10 III is as good as G42, with more RAM, but an older phone and cost more:
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Thanks. Won't work on my phone as it's for Android 14, but am looking for another app to check number of cycles.

Its a bit older phone, but still nice.
    Bit smaller screen size, smaller battery, less RAM, but a better camera, OTG support, and should get Android 14 too.

If the price is right, lower than G84, and you like the phone, go for it.

If the price is the same, and the camera is not in your focus, then get the G84 because it has an amasing battery life, microSD expansion is very nice too.
    Modern day lower midrangers offer the luxury of 6gb ram, faster processors and are an exciting segment to look.

Here are few truly valuable midrangers, suiting our preferences: (premium camera, 4k video rec & microsd support)
    • Realme 12 plus - mar 24 _ 50p,8w,2m​

Realme, well known for its camera 1st approach and has recently released a bombshell right there.
    • Samsung F54 5g - July 23_ 64p,2w,8m​

A popular midranger over the past few months that ticks all boxes and even chosen as best midranger by many websites.
    • Oppo F25 Pro - Feb 24 _32p,2w,8m​

Very high bang for the buck right here and Camera has been a big flex of this phone.
    • Oppo Reno 11 -jan 24 _50p,8w,32t​

This phone is highly rated for its slowmo video especially and comes with a flagship telephoto lens as well. All this comes at a higher price making it a higher mid Ranger.

The moto G54 and G84 are the other big guns in the category but don't support 4k video and dont have macro lens.

(P - primary lens, W- wide angle, M - Macro, T - telephoto)
    Thank you so much for the elaborate response, after 5 days of intense research, I wasn't happy enough with the offers at the 300-400 range, not enough to call the shot, so I ended up lowering the budget to avoid disappointment, and got a poco x6 for 277 euros, is alright, I feel like if I had forked out more for a redmi note 12 pro plus or note 13 pro plus, I would feel disappointed...
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.