[Official] SG Note II in the Philippines

Search This thread

tenshi888

Jul 30, 2006
Yeah, I wouldn't feel bad about that. I'm sure the deals aren't so great, plus who knows, the lines might be crazy. Yeah good point on the people selling their cases! What's new with your note so far? Me, its been great for work! Calls are nice, loud and clear. Texting on the big screen is fantastic and everything is just buttery smooth. A really good, polished device.

Nice. Are trade ins like that usually worth it?

Edit: i saw the mechanics. Up to 50 percent off max. Thank god it's low or else I would've felt bad for selling my s3. So maximum purchase price for your phone will be 16,495 since the srp is 32,990. I sold my s3 for 23k.

If they throw in free cases then that means a lot of people will be selling the cases in online sites. Good for us Chu!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Yeah, I wouldn't feel bad about that. I'm sure the deals aren't so great, plus who knows, the lines might be crazy. Yeah good point on the people selling their cases! What's new with your note so far? Me, its been great for work! Calls are nice, loud and clear. Texting on the big screen is fantastic and everything is just buttery smooth. A really good, polished device.

Exactly. I really would pay for convenience. Can't wait till those cases float in sulit or tipidcp.

So far it's fantastic. Night and day compared to my s3. No matter how much apps I open they're all held in memory and aren't closed. That's the reason why I sold my s3, I hated that my apps and browser had to reload when I multi task. Call clarity is excellent. I love the big screen, very sharp and bright. Texting is really easy and handwriting recognition is surprisingly accurate. Battery life is great though I kinda panic when it hits 30 percent, this is out of habit because of my experience with the s3. I must agree, I haven't held a device this polished. Everything just glides, no stuttering, it just works. I'm really Samsung was able to deliver this time.

amf

Nov 17, 2006
Just got the Note 2 last Wednesday (Titanium Gray, unlocked from Samsung)!

My last Android device was a Dell Streak 5 (prior to that, I have the HTC Flyer, HTC Desire and Xperia Arc). I'm actually an iOS fan (I have all the iPhone iterations starting with the 1st iPhone up to my 2 week old iPhone 5).

After more than a year hiatus with Androids, I decided to get the Note 2. I swore never to get back to Android but the S-Pen made me eat my words! It's one helluvva Phablet! And if things work out fine, it's another iOS and Android mariage that won't end in a divorce! :)

I already have the cheap but quite useful imitation-leather that swivels and rotates and replaces the back cover (no NFC antenna). Looking forward to an official Samsung cover and an SGP GLASt Screen Protector.

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Any of you planning to root? I have no idea how to root this thing. There are guides but I'm iffy I can comprehend every step. Too risky! :rolleyes:

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Are you on winxp sp3 too? I will try to do that, if i remember correctly ever since i bought gtab i cant connect to kies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

No I'm not but kies got a major overhaul recently so I think the support has improved. Just make sure to in install and download the latest kies.

Yaozer

Aug 31, 2005
Guys, just got my Note 2 yesterday, was able to update it to LJ3 already via Kies. Question, has anyone tried popping in a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD in the Note 2? Does it work 100%? I was trying to surf the net about this, but all I found were Galaxy S3 problems with it. How about the Note 2? I wonder if exFAT is supported 100% in Jelly Bean. I'm about to buy one but hesitating because of the lack of info on support/compatibility.

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
Hi there~~ im not filipino :D but i really love philipines :D
I have alot of online friends from philipine :)
If you guys want anything, ill be happy to help a filipino! :D be sure to tell me if i can help (im aiming to be a recognized developer and try to amswer everything i know :D)

Btw just came here to tell you guys that ALJ3 for philipinnes is out :3 sorry if you guys already knew that. Searched the thread but couldnt find a mention of it :D

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Guys, just got my Note 2 yesterday, was able to update it to LJ3 already via Kies. Question, has anyone tried popping in a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD in the Note 2? Does it work 100%? I was trying to surf the net about this, but all I found were Galaxy S3 problems with it. How about the Note 2? I wonder if exFAT is supported 100% in Jelly Bean. I'm about to buy one but hesitating because of the lack of info on support/compatibility.

Hi. I have that exact same micro sd card. It works 100% flawlessly. When you first put it in your note 2 format it using the phone before putting stuff into it. Mine is 90% full now. Tv shows that I torrent to my note 2. Buy with confidence. I suggest you buy in gamextreme. It costs 2650 there. They have a branch in Glorietta 3, Greenhills and Alabang town center.

Yaozer

Aug 31, 2005
Hi. I have that exact same micro sd card. It works 100% flawlessly. When you first put it in your note 2 format it using the phone before putting stuff into it. Mine is 90% full now. Tv shows that I torrent to my note 2. Buy with confidence. I suggest you buy in gamextreme. It costs 2650 there. They have a branch in Glorietta 3, Greenhills and Alabang town center.

Hello prinzhernan, when you used the phone to reformat the Sandisk 64GB, does it give you an option to format in exFAT or FAT32? If not, does it format in exFAT? I'm planning on putting video files that are bigger than 4GB, so I'm hoping I won't be stuck with FAT32. I want to test using the MHL adapter to output 1080P videos unto a TV screen. By the way, your are using stock LJ3 ROM, right?

Yeah it's TV series season for me now, so a 64GB storage is a must! Fringe, Homeland, Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead, CSI, Vampire Diaries! :D

vaud27

Dec 11, 2011
Manila City
hi. this is my first time posting on xda. i bought 2 galaxy note 2 from gray market(ghills) for me and for my sister. i checked the seals before opening the box. everything is fine and i bought the 2 note after checking it. when i got home i checked everything again and i see that my note 2 is already rooted. it has an app called supersu and i check the custom binary download and it says yes and the system status is also custom instead of official. i checked the other note but it is fine. i texted the owner of the shop where i bought the note and he told me that it is impossible for them to fake the seal of the box. he's also my 'suki' so i am confident in dealing with him. do you think they can fake the seal of the box and gave me a second hand unit? the unit is good as bnew in appearance. it has no dent or hairline scratches. the plastic in the back and in the front where also there when we open the box. even the charger, battery and the headset where still in the plastic just like the other note that i bought and everything is clean.

noskid21

Feb 7, 2012
Upgrading from Note to Note 2

Guys, been searching for a while now but cant find a definite answer. I have my Galaxy Note for a year now, and planning to upgrade to Note 2 this weekend at Mall of Asia. They have this, trade in promo.

Anyway, how can I transfer my files from the note to the new note 2? i have an ios and basically to do that in an ios, you just have to backup the old iphone and sync the new iphone in. and its done. apps, contacts, videos, photos, etc is transferred to the new phone. is it possible in an android? specially on a samsung galaxy note to galaxy note 2? or what other ways? kies perhaps? will that work like an itunes? i totally have no idea, galaxy note was my first android so this is my first time transferring files to the new one.

Thanks in advance!

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Hello prinzhernan, when you used the phone to reformat the Sandisk 64GB, does it give you an option to format in exFAT or FAT32? If not, does it format in exFAT? I'm planning on putting video files that are bigger than 4GB, so I'm hoping I won't be stuck with FAT32. I want to test using the MHL adapter to output 1080P videos unto a TV screen. By the way, your are using stock LJ3 ROM, right?

Yeah it's TV series season for me now, so a 64GB storage is a must! Fringe, Homeland, Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead, CSI, Vampire Diaries! :D

It formats it by default to exFAT. Yep I'm on stock LJ3.

You should try Person of Interest, Arrow, and Suits! I just finished downloading the whole first season of Once Upon a Time and I also finished Homeland two weeks ago.

Yaozer

Aug 31, 2005
It formats it by default to exFAT. Yep I'm on stock LJ3.

You should try Person of Interest, Arrow, and Suits! I just finished downloading the whole first season of Once Upon a Time and I also finished Homeland two weeks ago.

Hey thanks man for all the info, I will try to call GameXtreme Glorietta 3 tomorrow and see if they have stock of the Sandisk 64GB Class 10. Can't wait!

I've heard a lot of good things about Suits and Arrow, I might try to download them too. I'll check out Person of Interest. The first season of Homeland was just so so (probably because of the season ender), but the first two episodes of season 2 is niiice! It is starting to get really interesting. I've downloaded episode 3 already but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
hi. this is my first time posting on xda. i bought 2 galaxy note 2 from gray market(ghills) for me and for my sister. i checked the seals before opening the box. everything is fine and i bought the 2 note after checking it. when i got home i checked everything again and i see that my note 2 is already rooted. it has an app called supersu and i check the custom binary download and it says yes and the system status is also custom instead of official. i checked the other note but it is fine. i texted the owner of the shop where i bought the note and he told me that it is impossible for them to fake the seal of the box. he's also my 'suki' so i am confident in dealing with him. do you think they can fake the seal of the box and gave me a second hand unit? the unit is good as bnew in appearance. it has no dent or hairline scratches. the plastic in the back and in the front where also there when we open the box. even the charger, battery and the headset where still in the plastic just like the other note that i bought and everything is clean.

Yes you can definitely fake the seals. This is usually done in Hong Kong or Singapore. It's not normal at all to get root in a sealed phone. Sorry to say but someone tampered with your unit and made it appear to be new.

Guys, been searching for a while now but cant find a definite answer. I have my Galaxy Note for a year now, and planning to upgrade to Note 2 this weekend at Mall of Asia. They have this, trade in promo.

Anyway, how can I transfer my files from the note to the new note 2? i have an ios and basically to do that in an ios, you just have to backup the old iphone and sync the new iphone in. and its done. apps, contacts, videos, photos, etc is transferred to the new phone. is it possible in an android? specially on a samsung galaxy note to galaxy note 2? or what other ways? kies perhaps? will that work like an itunes? i totally have no idea, galaxy note was my first android so this is my first time transferring files to the new one.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Contacts are synced directly with your Google account. Apps need to be downloaded again from the play store. Videos and pictures can be backed up by inserting your USB cable to your laptop and backing up files manually.

Or you can do all this automatically through kies. Just update your kies to the latest version. Then backup the phone contents. Then when you get your new note 2 restore from that backup. As safety I recommend backing up twice.

vaud27

Dec 11, 2011
Manila City
Yes you can definitely fake the seals. This is usually done in Hong Kong or Singapore. It's not normal at all to get root in a sealed phone. Sorry to say but someone tampered with your unit and made it appear to be new.

thanks for the reply sir. i already flashed the firmware so it is now running with the official firmware and rom. do you think i should sell it to get new one or maybe i should keep it instead? that's the only issue i have and everything is normal now. i really need opinions. thanks in advance

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010

thanks for the reply sir. i already flashed the firmware so it is now running with the official firmware and rom. do you think i should sell it to get new one or maybe i should keep it instead? that's the only issue i have and everything is normal now. i really need opinions. thanks in advance

Well I would take it back to the seller but if you're fine with the unit then just keep it. Did the counter increase in download mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ganown!? HAHA! Eh anong trip mong device niyan sir? Ok naman si Note 2 so far ah? Lalo na pag rooted na. :))
    Sir, please write in english to prevent our thread from getting locked.
    It's a forum rule and you're on an international forum, even if this thread is for Filipinos.
    I'm seeing some common queries from our kababayans. So here's some facts that might help out future questions:

* Regardless of what CSC you have, you can manually flash any Samsung Official ROM from sammobile.com using PC Odin. Nothing to worry about.
    * Rooting is entirely different from software unlocking. It won't unlock your phone just by rooting.
    * Don't worry too much about trying to reset your binary counter. As long as you don't step on your phone, it won't break. Besides, there is always Triangle Away.
    * Once you root, you can't do any OTA so stop trying.. Like for real. Even if you have an official stock rom.
    * Mobile Odin + Custom Recovery are the only things you'll ever need. You'll never have to connect your phone from your PC/Mac again.. Like ever.
    * USB debugging is a thing of the past. When you want to transfer files from and to your phone, Airdroid is what you want.
    * Avoid clearing your cached apps. Please... It will only make your battery drain faster. Android has a unique app + memory management that's built in.
    * Unusual battery drain when flashing a new ROM is but normal. Let the ROM settle for a few days before you start freaking out.
    * The only thing that will surely (101%) brick your phone is when you flash a different radio for a different model. When you do that, don't even bother rescuing your poor phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100

ROM: MIUI JB v3.1.25
    Kernel: Stock v3.0.31
    Recovery: CWM Touch v6.0.1.5
    Guys may alam ba kayong mabibilihan ng spen?? Nawala spen ko .. di ko naactivate yung keeper.. hai:(

from GODFATHER GT-N7100
    DMB4 PHILIPPINES..

1,000+ pesos for a new S-Pen on Samsung stores.

If anyone likes to buy an extra battery, go to CD-R King. They have a 3100 mAh battery for only 420 pesos.

Almost identical battery life from the original. Good deal :)
    Mga kabayan for me, everytime i have an update whether kies or ota, i do a factory reset. This is just me because long long time ako during the SII days i got crappy batt life after an update. Did an FR and that solved it. So that became my style ever since, again this is just me.

Did update to 4.1.2 through Kies, did an FR, got no issues and good batt life. Did the recent update to MA6 through OTA, again silly me still did an FR, i get good battery life. For me i do not like to rely on the phone optimizing the apps. So i want an FR which gives me the new firmware like brand new lol, again this is just me.

If i dont need to use data, (3G or H+) i always set my phone to GSM Only. If you need to use data, choose wcdma only. Auto mode drains battery and keeps selecting the best signal.

If you have crappy network signal, left your phone idle, even with data off...expect some batt drain specially when your on auto mode.

I agree with Prince, clearing RAM can cause additional drain, so just do it when you are about to retire to bed. Your phone should go into deep sleep when idle after clearing ram...example after the MA6 update, 10% left on the phone, went to sleep, woke up 6 hours later with still 10%, so deep sleep with the new update is good.

If you leave your phone idle, data off, and your phone does not go into deep sleep then check if you have wake locks. Click on battery graph, AWAKE bar should match SCREEN bar, if it does not then you do have wake locks. If they match, then its your network signal

i am no expert but this system works for me. just sharing mga kabayan.
    everyone of us started as a noob.. it's obvious he didn't read the rules so no need to play smart and say such things.. especially to our own kababayans.
    this thread is created for us filipinos to help and guide each other especially the new ones.. so HELP the new ones.. if they violated a rule then tell them..

anyways:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.