[DONE] how many people would like a note3 4.3 port for your n5110?

would you like a note3 4.3 port for n5110?

• yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
note: only for note 8.0 wifi N5110

let's see how many of you are interested

edit:
some more info about the port
- working kernel with wifi
- rotation works, but magnetic sensor does not
- some spen functions may not work properly due to different hardware
- camera not working atm
- no knox
- selinux disabled (or permissive)

edit2:
released
read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50190830

Last edited:

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA

edit:
- camera not working atm
- no knox

If you can able to port Note 3 over Note 8.0 wifi, I grantee that you will be a hero in this Note 8 forum, plus I will be more than happy to $donate$!!...
I was told by several recognized developers (note 3, S4 forums) that it is near impossible to do so because of different hardware specs.
I do understand that both are different hardware specs, but consider both called "note", all we need is crazy genius developer(s) to step in and make it happen:p

Kovs

Feb 25, 2013

edit:
- camera not working atm
- no knox

Defiantly yes please! Hell, i d be happy with a 10.1 2014 port! Anything with the new S note would be a godsend so i can sync back with my note 3!!!!!

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
hi all

i cant release the current port since i yet to receive permission from 1 of the developers
i have to look for alternatives or to port it myself. sorry about that

attached 2 videos here in case you want a preview

EDIT: video links corrected

If you can able to port Note 3 over Note 8.0 wifi, I grantee that you will be a hero in this Note 8 forum, plus I will be more than happy to $donate$!!...
I was told by several recognized developers (note 3, S4 forums) that it is near impossible to do so because of different hardware specs.
I do understand that both are different hardware specs, but consider both called "note", all we need is crazy genius developer(s) to step in and make it happen:p

@jazzespresso
i don wanna be a hero, i am not. but i will be glad to receive my first donation from you :D

actually i made a port of note 8.0 4.2.2 to note2 before, but got stuck at sensor problems. then i knew 4.3 for note2 was coming so i stopped porting it. however atm, a 100% port is yet to be achieved

thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

edit:
    - camera not working atm
    - no knox

edit2:
    released
    read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50190830

a bit update

having using the new port for 2 days based on the latest note2 rom, with some problems fixed, home screen rotation now works (the note3 launcher wont rotate and i hate that)
    however, there r still something i need to fix first because the sources contain some bugs
    ???

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

sorry, i meant it took me another 4 hrs to have snote3 fixed ;)

well, it took me good amount of time for me to get used with s-pen, but once you start using more often, and doing a lot of stuff with it, you realized how good it is...ok, I am not talking about drawing pictures or something - I am terrible at drawing, even my 4 year old daughter draws better than me:silly:
    but taking quick notes, typing something fast on the screen, or capture part of screen, handwriting recognition is actually very good...

yeah i agreed with u. but most of the time, for me, is to surf the net

To me, most of the 4,4, they care about the Air Command functions, and those of S Pen.

Inviato dal mio GT-N5110 utilizzando Tapatalk

oh really? this is a good news for them then

btw i think its almost the time to stop working on this version at this stage and to move on, whats left is problem in clipping contents with the spen
    @jazzespresso
    i don wanna be a hero, i am not. but i will be glad to receive my first donation from you :D

actually i made a port of note 8.0 4.2.2 to note2 before, but got stuck at sensor problems. then i knew 4.3 for note2 was coming so i stopped porting it. however atm, a 100% port is yet to be achieved

thanks

Make it work, I will donate! you said you don't wanna be here, but you will be mine for sure. I have little hope that Samsung ever release 4.3 for this tablet, which still does not make sense why so....
    looking at the two short videos you posted, it gave some hope!!
    can't wait a beta version :))))
    thanks in advance

and i am sorry about the delay since i have to remove all those "non-standard" changes i made first which i didnt aware about that before, otherwise you guys may not be able to get use to it

1 more thing, just found that samsung keyboard not working properly (i dont use it). after spending some time to see what's wrong, i decided to put it away first

anyway, it should be fine now and i am going to perform installing tests from the start

released. read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50190830